Sign in to follow this  
IronChef

Cael's full argument against

I see Cael's subterfuge work in attempt to keep the status quo, as a bad idea. His methods of antagonizing on twitter is aggressive and akin to this notion of shoving his vision down people's throats.

I am glad the committee put this thing up for a vote amongst the coaches. I can live with the majority opinion and have little patience for a loud minority.

Should committee members be voting on proposals they are writing?

.... what the hell does a bonus point mean now in the NCAA tournament? Sounds more like a transfer of power agenda than it does a well tested savior of the sport of wrestling.

I really hope, like we all do I'm sure that this doesn't just destroy the sport altogether.

SHP- Even if you believe PSU to be the favorites either way (as I do), it's much, much closer under a dual format.

Good points here. The individual tournament is diminished without a team point system (no need for bonus points). Of course the dual championships "level the playing field". It's another reason why the idea seems a bit self serving, especially when you look at the members of the committee who just can't seem to win a national championship under the current format.

My point is since we only want to put emphasis on duals now, individual tournaments really serve no purpose now.

Hey Drama Queen,

Other than the 10 NCAA Titles that will be handed out, I can't think of too many other reasons to have individual tournaments either.

I see Cael's subterfuge work in attempt to keep the status quo, as a bad idea. His methods of antagonizing on twitter is aggressive and akin to this notion of shoving his vision down people's throats.

I am glad the committee put this thing up for a vote amongst the coaches. I can live with the majority opinion and have little patience for a loud minority.

I'd hope so. If they didn't like the proposal enough to vote for it then they probably shouldn't have proposed it in the first place.

I didn't read the whole thread but one point of clarification. The proposal is a NCAA Wrestling Committee proposal that was written by the NCAA. The proposal was then taken to the NWCA Board of Directors who voted to support the proposal. The proposal was not written by the NWCA.