Sign in to follow this  
Perry

66 kilo

Looks like there will be some fun matches today. Oliver vs chamberlain rematch possible in round two and met calf green will be a good one. Nobody seems to give metcalf much credit on here anymore.

Looks like there will be some fun matches today. Oliver vs chamberlain rematch possible in round two and met calf green will be a good one. Nobody seems to give metcalf much credit on here anymore.

That's the way it goes when anyone gets hyped up on here and they don't always live up to the crazy expectations people put on them. I mean look at how Steiber takes 3rd at 60kg yesterday after losing a close match to Kennedy and people were saying how he wasn't as good as we thought he was,etc. It happens over and over again. I mean look at the comments about Taylor as well as Dake. It would be nice if we could just appreciate the great competition some time here instead of having to put down people's abilities.

Headlee is great, don't get me wrong, but this is a pattern for Green. Look at his performances in college this year. I thought Headlee had a great shot of beating Green. I just didn't think Green would get stuck.

Headlee was up like 7-3 or so before he pinned him, at least that's what the score on track showed.

Ya, I can see that argument for sure for Green in college, but we're talking about a what, 2x 7th place finisher at NCAA's vs a guy who has been on the sr circuit for 5+ years and has placed relatively high in a lot of domestic and international tournaments. I think Headlee got a silver at the Pan-Am's this year.

Headlee is great, don't get me wrong, but this is a pattern for Green. Look at his performances in college this year. I thought Headlee had a great shot of beating Green. I just didn't think Green would get stuck.

Headlee was up like 7-3 or so before he pinned him, at least that's what the score on track showed.

I watched the match. Headlee was up 7-3, Green then took him down twice to make it 7-7 and then they ended up in a over under clinch position and Headlee threw a nasty headlock. Even without the pin the match would have ended with the 2nd 3 point move for Headlee.

If this were a college match I'd be rooting hard for Kellen Russell, but I think Metcalf gives us the best chance for a medal at 66kg. He's bigger (Kellen was physically and technically overmatched by Taghavi) and more experienced. I wouldn't necessarily consider Metcalf a medal threat under the old (terrible) rules, thank God they're gone. It also helps that these weights are more depleted at the beginning of the cycle -- Iran and Russia for example look to have their weakest teams in a long time.