5 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

All the Big Corn money was splurged at once, as opposed to the constant fountain of the meth farms (and beautiful scenery!) of rural PA.

Hitting the bottle a little early today Vak?

2 minutes ago, portajohn said:

Hitting the bottle a little early today Vak?

Nah, just indulging my all-encompassing of hatred of all things Pennsylvania that was fostered long before I was a wrestling fan.  Go Giants (and don't tell anybody but go Knicks)!

Edited by VakAttack

1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

Nah, just indulging my continuum of hatred of all things Pennsylvania that was fostered long before I was a wrestling fan.  Go Giants (and don't tell anybody but go Knicks)!

You must be a self loathing New Yorker from Long Island???

1 minute ago, portajohn said:

You must be a self loathing New Yorker from Long Island???

From Brooklyn!

EDIT:  And not a self-loathing New Yorker...but a self-loathing Knicks fan would be a fair description.

Edited by VakAttack

52 minutes ago, JasonBryant said:

... I worked in a newsroom for eight years ... this is a significant correction. 

The date is 100% tied to the newsworthiness of the current crypto "crash" - since BTC is at $29,800 (as I type this) and on April 14, it was hovering around $40,000. 

But if factual inaccuracies don't bother you, so be it. 

I've worked in a newsroom, too. The error on the date concerns when Novo announced he was stepping down from Hudson River Park Friends. I don't much care about that date. Perhaps you do for reasons of your own. The significant story here is that Novo has "invested" a lot in crypto and is currently getting killed. 

6 hours ago, TheHeel said:

How many former 2 time hodge winner/olympians are coaching at regionals? hint: not a lot. Instead of being glad and welcoming, we have douches like this, calling one of the greats of our sport a hobo. Pretty weak. You seem to be a jealous man. Taking joy in your perceived financial downturn for someone else is pathetic. 

Say what you want, but I definitely could've taken him down when he was facing in the other direction coaching one of his club kids.

20 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

All the Big Corn money was splurged at once, as opposed to the constant fountain of the meth farms (and beautiful scenery!) of rural PA.

Iowa will produce 2.5 billion bushels of corn this year at a current spot price of ~$7.80, or about $19.5 billion worth. PA meth production is dwarfed. We are way more addicted to corn syrup than meth. As long as Big Corn is involved not even meth producers stand a chance.

Just now, Wrestleknownothing said:

Iowa will produce 2.5 billion bushels of corn this year at a current spot price of ~$7.80, or about $19.5 billion worth. PA meth production is dwarfed. We are way more addicted to corn syrup than meth. As long as Big Corn is involved not even meth producers stand a chance.

It's a solid argument, and it really makes you wonder just where all of the other Big Corn money is going.

5 hours ago, NJDan said:

I've worked in a newsroom, too. The error on the date concerns when Novo announced he was stepping down from Hudson River Park Friends. I don't much care about that date. Perhaps you do for reasons of your own. The significant story here is that Novo has "invested" a lot in crypto and is currently getting killed. 

So running to the board to post this:

"Just days after the shocking news of the implosion of the cryptocurrency market, Michael Novogratz, one of the digital currency's biggest boosters and investors, has stepped down as head of the Hudson River Park's main nonprofit fundraising group, Hudson River Park Friends."

So nothing about this being time-sensitive is worth caring about in your eyes?  I can see why you don't work in a newsroom anymore, if you ever did. Back on my ignore list. 

8 hours ago, JasonBryant said:

So running to the board to post this:

"Just days after the shocking news of the implosion of the cryptocurrency market, Michael Novogratz, one of the digital currency's biggest boosters and investors, has stepped down as head of the Hudson River Park's main nonprofit fundraising group, Hudson River Park Friends."

So nothing about this being time-sensitive is worth caring about in your eyes?  I can see why you don't work in a newsroom anymore, if you ever did. Back on my ignore list. 

It would be worth caring about if I cared about Novo's leadership of the park organization. I don't. What I think is interesting is that a billionaire invests in nonsense assets. 

Of course, if I was editing this newspaper, I would be concerned with the error. I would hope errors on dates don't happen at all. I would publish a correction. But as a reader, I don't particularly care. 

You, on the other hand, are trying to discredit the story by noting the mistake. It's as if you caught it yourself. I am sure that when you were a journalist you made mistakes. Some are important to certain conclusions. Others are not. You are just a bully and a flack.

Wow...didn't know, common sense, logic, facts, and straight forward no-nonsense responses is now considered to be bully'ing and that you are a flack...who knew.... (insert @ionel magic use of key board characters depicting shrugging shoulders)

1 hour ago, NJDan said:

It would be worth caring about if I cared about Novo's leadership of the park organization. I don't. What I think is interesting is that a billionaire invests in nonsense assets. 

Of course, if I was editing this newspaper, I would be concerned with the error. I would hope errors on dates don't happen at all. I would publish a correction. But as a reader, I don't particularly care. 

You, on the other hand, are trying to discredit the story by noting the mistake. It's as if you caught it yourself. I am sure that when you were a journalist you made mistakes. Some are important to certain conclusions. Others are not. You are just a bully and a flack.

C'mon man.  If your point was simply to point out that Novogratz lost a lot of money recently, you didn't need to quote that article.  That tweet with him getting the tattoo of the coin that went to $0 probably would've been better for example.

It was a pretty big error by the article.  They definitely were wanting people to think the 2 events (crypto crash and him stepping down from the position) were related when in fact they were not.  Although I'm not sure if that error would "call into question the whole article" or whatever someone else said, since there's really not much else to the article except for those 2 facts.

56 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

C'mon man.  If your point was simply to point out that Novogratz lost a lot of money recently, you didn't need to quote that article.  That tweet with him getting the tattoo of the coin that went to $0 probably would've been better for example.

It was a pretty big error by the article.  They definitely were wanting people to think the 2 events (crypto crash and him stepping down from the position) were related when in fact they were not.  Although I'm not sure if that error would "call into question the whole article" or whatever someone else said, since there's really not much else to the article except for those 2 facts.

If you are saying that Novo's crypto losses were common knowledge, it's true that I did not need to quote that article. But I, for one, was not aware of those losses. I learned about them from the article I quoted. As it happens, the article contains an error. That error does not relate to the crypto losses. Bryant wants to discredit the article because--it seems--- he is a wrestling PR guy (a/k/a a flack, who regularly assaults anyone who posts anything he deems critical or the wrestling establishment). He does so by noting an error in a date and suggesting that Novo's losses did not cause his resignation from Hudson River Park Friends. But I don't really care about Hudson River Park Friends. Neither does Bryant, by the way.  I posted the text from the article and the link because I though the financial news in it was of interest to the wrestling community. The error in the date of his resignation has nothing to with the fact of his losses and, I would think, be of little interest to folks who read this board. Bryant focuses on the error because it serves his purpose even though he must know that it has nothing to do with the losses. Then he attacks me as lacking journalistic skill (or knowledge or something) to compound the distraction. 

9 minutes ago, NJDan said:

If you are saying that Novo's crypto losses were common knowledge, it's true that I did not need to quote that article. But I, for one, was not aware of those losses. I learned about them from the article I quoted. As it happens, the article contains an error. That error does not relate to the crypto losses. Bryant wants to discredit the article because--it seems--- he is a wrestling PR guy (a/k/a a flack, who regularly assaults anyone who posts anything he deems critical or the wrestling establishment). He does so by noting an error in a date and suggesting that Novo's losses did not cause his resignation from Hudson River Park Friends. But I don't really care about Hudson River Park Friends. Neither does Bryant, by the way.  I posted the text from the article and the link because I though the financial news in it was of interest to the wrestling community. The error in the date of his resignation has nothing to with the fact of his losses and, I would think, be of little interest to folks who read this board. Bryant focuses on the error because it serves his purpose even though he must know that it has nothing to do with the losses. Then he attacks me as lacking journalistic skill (or knowledge or something) to compound the distraction. 

If you are saying you never cared about Novo's decision to step down from Hudson River Park Friends from the get go, OK.  But the article did.  You only quoted 2 sentences from the article.   The first one implied that the crypto crash had something to do with him stepping down, when in fact he had already stepped down before the crypto crash happened (so that's not being "suggested," it is fact).

Oh, the backtracking and the deflection from one's own refusal to accept a key factual error (I never did dismiss the story mind you, I said the factual error was significant). You're confusing my only stance - the date is extremely a relevant fact to have messed up - with other people's points about discrediting it. I never discredited the story. I said the date error was not something to overlook. 

As far as calling me a bully and some establishment flack. Whatever you have to tell yourself to try to hang on to this "i'm not wrong, though" sentiment. Just say "my bad" and move on. No one cares about it that much. If they did, the actual release would have been posted here a month ago by another concerned fan. 

Just own it dude. I own my mistakes - and yes, I've made just about every one of them in the past 25 years at some point or another. Now, back to ignore. Have a good day. 

17 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

The real money is in pork bellies.

21 minutes ago, JasonBryant said:

Oh, the backtracking and the deflection from one's own refusal to accept a key factual error (I never did dismiss the story mind you, I said the factual error was significant). You're confusing my only stance - the date is extremely a relevant fact to have messed up - with other people's points about discrediting it. I never discredited the story. I said the date error was not something to overlook. 

As far as calling me a bully and some establishment flack. Whatever you have to tell yourself to try to hang on to this "i'm not wrong, though" sentiment. Just say "my bad" and move on. No one cares about it that much. If they did, the actual release would have been posted here a month ago by another concerned fan. 

Just own it dude. I own my mistakes - and yes, I've made just about every one of them in the past 25 years at some point or another. Now, back to ignore. Have a good day. 

Why do I have to "accept" the date error? It was not my error. Now you are trying to discredit me based on an error on an irrelevant point and my failure to accept it. There is nothing for me to "own," dude. And, BTW, do NOT call me dude.

Discrediting? Right. That's the whole intent here. The double down on this silly topic is real. A real waste of everyone's time. 

Now, for the last time, I'm really done. Sorry for my involvement in this thread. It was a mistake. One I will own. 

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, NJDan said:

Why do I have to "accept" the date error? It was not my error. Now you are trying to discredit me based on an error on an irrelevant point and my failure to accept it. There is nothing for me to "own," dude. And, BTW, do NOT call me dude.

Because 50% of the sentences that you posted from the article (with no quotes btw) were wrong.   We know you didn't make the error, but you should accept that the error changed the dynamic of the story.

I worry that this string is not living up to the Be Best Campaign.  Perhaps just another symptom of the tragic forum loss of Cinnabon, our leader and spiritual guide. 

Edited by Elevator