3 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Because 50% of the sentences that you posted from the article (with no quotes btw) were wrong.   We know you didn't make the error, but you should accept that the error changed the dynamic of the story.

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

4 hours ago, JasonBryant said:

Discrediting? Right. That's the whole intent here. The double down on this silly topic is real. A real waste of everyone's time. 

Now, for the last time, I'm really done. Sorry for my involvement in this thread. It was a mistake. One I will own. 

giphy.gif

Jaaon Bryant abides.

6 hours ago, JasonBryant said:

Discrediting? Right. That's the whole intent here. The double down on this silly topic is real. A real waste of everyone's time. 

Now, for the last time, I'm really done. Sorry for my involvement in this thread. It was a mistake. One I will own. 

giphy.gif

I just checked my email to see some guy also named Jason Bryant won WIN Magazine's journalist of the year award. Congratulations to that guy. How weird that another guy named Jason Bryant would be on here thinking he knows anything about journalism. 

"Countless wrestling fans have listened to Jason Bryant's voice at the biggest events in the world, including the last six NCAA Division I Championships, starting with the 2016 national tournament in New York City’s Madison Square Garden. 

Historically, he has worked or announced 18 World Team or Olympic Team Trials, has traveled to 43 states and 27 countries, and most recently was on the mic at the 2022 European Championships, one week after the 2022 NCAA Division I Championships. He also did the public address for the NAIA and NCAA Division III Championships. His P.A. duties kept him on the road at tournaments or traveling to those events 25 of the days between March 3 and April 4.

Because of his efforts as a public-address announcer and the work he does on-line covering and promoting wrestling, the Poquoson, Va. native has been named WIN’s 2022 Journalist of the Year."

But to be clear, you're no NJDan.

12 hours ago, NJDan said:

It would be worth caring about if I cared about Novo's leadership of the park organization. I don't. What I think is interesting is that a billionaire invests in nonsense assets. 

Of course, if I was editing this newspaper, I would be concerned with the error. I would hope errors on dates don't happen at all. I would publish a correction. But as a reader, I don't particularly care. 

You, on the other hand, are trying to discredit the story by noting the mistake. It's as if you caught it yourself. I am sure that when you were a journalist you made mistakes. Some are important to certain conclusions. Others are not. You are just a bully and a flack.

Nonsense assets? I get it. Someone hurt you. Show us on the doll where the bitcoin touched you, Dan. You sound like a bitter pill, mad you missed out on really easy money. It must burn you up to no end that people are retiring off of the nonsense asset wealth. Bitcoin is dipping. Thats all good. If you had any brains (you don't), you'd buy on the dip. Crypto has a higher market cap than silver and will overtake gold by 2025. Times are changing my friend. You know how many financial advisors used to say the same thing about crypto being nonsense? They are all selling crypto and defi funds to their clients now. 

1 hour ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I just checked my email to see some guy also named Jason Bryant won WIN Magazine's journalist of the year award. Congratulations to that guy. How weird that another guy named Jason Bryant would be on here thinking he knows anything about journalism. 

"Countless wrestling fans have listened to Jason Bryant's voice at the biggest events in the world, including the last six NCAA Division I Championships, starting with the 2016 national tournament in New York City’s Madison Square Garden. 

Historically, he has worked or announced 18 World Team or Olympic Team Trials, has traveled to 43 states and 27 countries, and most recently was on the mic at the 2022 European Championships, one week after the 2022 NCAA Division I Championships. He also did the public address for the NAIA and NCAA Division III Championships. His P.A. duties kept him on the road at tournaments or traveling to those events 25 of the days between March 3 and April 4.

Because of his efforts as a public-address announcer and the work he does on-line covering and promoting wrestling, the Poquoson, Va. native has been named WIN’s 2022 Journalist of the Year."

But to be clear, you're no NJDan.

Being a PA announcer is not journalism. But I will say that he is a fine PA announcer. Congrats on the award.

Not Bryant's fault, but that a PA announcer can even be considered as journalist of the year is a sad comment on the state of wrestling journalism.

Edited by NJDan

2 minutes ago, NJDan said:

Ha! Being a PA announcer is not journalism. I think Jason would admit that.  And if you learned about that in your email, you best check your email. JB won that award in 2007. https://www.win-magazine.com/win-awards/journalist-of-the-year/. But I will give it up for him: He is a good PA announcer.

You certainly are comfortable not reading things thoroughly. WIN did not stop giving out the award in 2007. JB did, in fact, win it again today, the day you want to claim you know more about journalism than him, and the day you want to belittle his accomplishments. 

Double Down Dan.

8 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

You certainly are comfortable not reading things thoroughly. WIN did not stop giving out the award in 2007. JB did, in fact, win it again today, the day you want to claim you know more about journalism than him, and the day you want to belittle his accomplishments. 

Double Down Dan.

Knownothing, I already edited that post to correct what I had said. I now see he won the award again this year. But you go ahead and attack me for a comment I deleted. 

Edited by NJDan

22 minutes ago, NJDan said:

Knownothing, I already edited that post to correct what I had said. I now see he won the award again this year. But you go ahead and attack me for a comment I deleted. 

So, the way the website works is that I can only quote what exists at the time I quote it. So if you correct your correction with more errors while I type this, there is little I can do about that.

54 minutes ago, NJDan said:

Being a PA announcer is not journalism. But I will say that he is a fine PA announcer. Congrats on the award.

Not Bryant's fault, but that a PA announcer can even be considered as journalist of the year is a sad comment on the state of wrestling journalism.

So, if a journalist ALSO announces he can't be considered a journalist anymore?

1 hour ago, TheHeel said:

Nonsense assets? I get it. Someone hurt you. Show us on the doll where the bitcoin touched you, Dan. You sound like a bitter pill, mad you missed out on really easy money. It must burn you up to no end that people are retiring off of the nonsense asset wealth. Bitcoin is dipping. Thats all good. If you had any brains (you don't), you'd buy on the dip. Crypto has a higher market cap than silver and will overtake gold by 2025. Times are changing my friend. You know how many financial advisors used to say the same thing about crypto being nonsense? They are all selling crypto and defi funds to their clients now. 

Hmmm.   Maybe this may not be Cinnabons after all.  Never took Jimmy for a crypto bro, unless this is part of the act

2 hours ago, TheHeel said:

Nope, never bought crypto; haven't lost. I gather you have and you will, maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon. If I could sell you short, I would. https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/17/opinion/crypto-crash-bitcoin.html

Edited by NJDan

Said it before and I'll say it again - Crypto is not a smart, viable investment option. Not even close. Avoid it at all costs.

Even Phineas Taylor Barnum would be shocked by anyone thinking buying crypto is a good idea.

13 hours ago, NJDan said:

...did you misread/not read another article in your journalism criticism thread?

Edited by VakAttack

10 hours ago, NJDan said:

Nope, never bought crypto; haven't lost. I gather you have and you will, maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon. If I could sell you short, I would. https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/17/opinion/crypto-crash-bitcoin.html

It's not that hard to short crypto.  It's just an insane thing to do as an individual.  

I suspect that Crypto is like tuna.  Let me explain... I have a friend whose degree is in Finance and who works for a large company in Finance.  He told me this story:

A tuna fisherman catches a large tuna and sells it to a tuna dealer for $X.  Dealer sells it to another dealer for $X+A.  Second dealer sells it to another dealer for $X+A+B.  This goes on until finally a guy buys the tuna to eat and finds it's spoiled.  He goes back to the guy he bought it from and wants his money back because the tuna was spoiled.  The last dealer says "Tuna ain't for eatin', it's just for buyin' and sellin'".

In a way, I suppose all currency is like this.  I guess you just don't want to be the last guy with no buyer  for the tuna/Crypto.

I can't believe anyone would invest in those phones that fit in your pocket and aren't attached to the wall.  I would never invest in a thing called a computer named after a fruit.  Or how about Internet...that will never take off.  Stupid electric cars...they are for hippies...

Change and different is bad.....

1 hour ago, BerniePragle said:

I suspect that Crypto is like tuna.  Let me explain... I have a friend whose degree is in Finance and who works for a large company in Finance.  He told me this story:

A tuna fisherman catches a large tuna and sells it to a tuna dealer for $X.  Dealer sells it to another dealer for $X+A.  Second dealer sells it to another dealer for $X+A+B.  This goes on until finally a guy buys the tuna to eat and finds it's spoiled.  He goes back to the guy he bought it from and wants his money back because the tuna was spoiled.  The last dealer says "Tuna ain't for eatin', it's just for buyin' and sellin'".

In a way, I suppose all currency is like this.  I guess you just don't want to be the last guy with no buyer  for the tuna/Crypto.

Of course--plenty of coins have been magic boxes.  Most of them, actually. 

And no, not all currency is like this.  

17 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Said it before and I'll say it again - Crypto is not a smart, viable investment option. Not even close. Avoid it at all costs.

Even Phineas Taylor Barnum would be shocked by anyone thinking buying crypto is a good idea.

https://a16z.com/2021/06/24/crypto-fund-iii/ 2.2 billion fund for crypto

https://www.ft.com/content/6bf0ed56-1de5-4750-877f-c9cff753935c another 4.5 billion fund for crypto within 6 months of their last fund. 

Who should I trust? The top VC in the world or GreatWhiteNorth. 

Edited by TheHeel

3 hours ago, BerniePragle said:

your friend is probably one of those old guard dorks who warned everyone off of crypto while others were making a windfall. he doesn't want it to win because it will further confirm his mistakes. 

Crypto will set the world free. If you think its just about BTC and other coins, you are missing the bigger picture, and no, i don't have the time or energy to explain it. 

1 hour ago, TheHeel said:

your friend is probably one of those old guard dorks who warned everyone off of crypto while others were making a windfall. he doesn't want it to win because it will further confirm his mistakes. 

Crypto will set the world free. If you think its just about BTC and other coins, you are missing the bigger picture, and no, i don't have the time or energy to explain it. 

My friend told me that story probably 30+ years ago, so it had nothing to do with Crypto.  It was a joke that I just tried to pass along.  I guess, with you at least, it missed its mark.  I've always thought of a sense of humor as an indication of intelligence (or not).

"old guard dork"?  Yeah, I guess that's what I'd call a guy who retired as CFO of an 11 billion dollar company, and is still a Director there.  Trust me, I suspect there is nothing you could hope to explain to me that I'd be slightly interested in.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
― Daniel J. Boorstin - Librarian of the US Congress

3 hours ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

Of course--plenty of coins have been magic boxes.  Most of them, actually. 

And no, not all currency is like this.  

Last time I try to make a joke on here.  Or even an analogy.

Strike 1, strike 2...