Sign in to follow this  
OCGrappler

On Dake's "arrogance"

I love Dake's attitude. It is great for the sport. Remember, he didn't need to go 165 in college this year. It would have been "cocky" to say "yeah, I could beat Taylor" but then stay at 157. Quite another thing to actually do it. Dake understands marketing the sport. Dake understands creating the big moment in a way no American wrestler has in a long time. We need more guys like Dake in the sport.

The fact is, almost exactly 4 years ago Dake had just graduated high school and was considered a middle of the road recruit. He wouldn't be where he is today without that confidence and attitude. I love it.

was considered a middle of the road recruit.

Correct me if I a wrong, but wasn't Burroughs also considered a 'middle of the road' recruit? He was only the seventh ranked 135 pounder in the country his senior season.

Dake was the #2 ranked 140 pounder in the country his senior year. Certainly not what most would consider 'middle of the road', at least not in my opinion.

Love him or hate him, Dake is the best thing that's happened to wrestling since Burroughs won the Olympics. He is a very marketable athlete who brings a ton of attention to the sport and always delivers an outstanding performance when the brightest lights are on. The only people I've ever heard commenting on his arrogance are the people on this board. Everyone else I've met can't wait to see him wrestle again.