Sign in to follow this  
Tripster

Please help me with this conundrum regarding University

Worlds.

Is that the tourney that will be held in Russia? If it is it puts our guys a bit in a bind as I heard a rumor that all Russian National champions will wrestle there. I am a bit worried our guys might not be up to task to go against Russian national champions.

Yes it is. You've already mentioned this a few times in other threads. You know the answer to this. So what if they send their national champs there? That's like saying, "I worry about the WTT winners, Russia might send someone good to the world championships and I don't know if they can hang with them."

No its not he same because they will have their best while our best did not attempt to qualify for University Worlds like Burroughs or Humphry.

They are to old. The cut off for university level by usa wrestling is you have to be born in 1989-1995. Humphrey already has a University World Silver and Bronze Medal.

K. Khubezhty is a year older than Burroughs.

USA Wrestling follows a different age cutoff than fila does for University level competitors.

USA Wrestling University (Born between 1989-1995)

Fila Wrestling University (Born between 1985-1995)

USA Wrestling follows a different age cutoff than fila does for University level competitors.

link?

link?

USA Wrestling-http://www.themat.com/forms/Weights.pdf

Fila-http://kazan2013.ru:8080/uploads/technical_handbooks/en/Technical_Handbook_WR.pdf

Pg 14 of 25

Thanks. Here are the requirements for entry:

All athletes must satisfy the following conditions:

(1) be a national of the country / region they represent;

(2) be at least 17 and less than 28 years of age on January 1, 2013 (born between 1985

and 1995);

(3) students who are currently officially registered as preceding towards a degree or

diploma at the university or similar institute whose status are recognised by the appropriate national academic authority of their country/region;

(4) former students of the institutions mentioned in (3) who have obtained their academic degree or diploma in the year preceding the Universiade.