Jump to content
bnwtwg

If USA Wrestling is going to get in bed with Flo, when is there media production accountability?

Recommended Posts

If it’s the venue’s fault then black list the venue.

If it’s Flo’s fault then take them to task with financial penalties.

How many times do marquee events need to experience basic technology production outages.

And I want a refund Flo. I have to pay a year for a trash product. I know good. I run product ops and business intelligence at an F25 technology company. Your product is dookie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could they get th.e cameras on a wider angle? Could pyles suck at announcing any worse? Saying "good" in front of everything he sees doesn't count as commentary.

Are the announcers in Austin? if not they should shut up and work the cameras.

Edited by hammerlockthree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

Could pyles suck at announcing any worse? Saying "good" in front of everything he sees doesn't count as commentary.

I'd rather have PeeWee Herman announce the matches than listen to this suppurating hemorrhoid for one more match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

If it’s the venue’s fault then black list the venue.

If it’s Flo’s fault then take them to task with financial penalties.

How many times do marquee events need to experience basic technology production outages.

And I want a refund Flo. I have to pay a year for a trash product. I know good. I run product ops and business intelligence at an F25 technology company. Your product is dookie.

BTW, when you say "get in bed" what do you mean? Does Flo pay USAW anything for the rights? Or does USAW pay Flo to broadcast the event?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Flo pays USAW/UWW for the broadcast rights in the US.

Per the UWW's annual financial report, Flo pays them $675K/year for broadcast rights in the USA.

Which is strange since you can defeat their country location detection with a free VPN browser extension.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

Could they get th.e cameras on a wider angle? Could pyles suck at announcing any worse? Saying "good" in front of everything he sees doesn't count as commentary.

Are the announcers in Austin? if not they should shut up and work the cameras.

My favorite was when they weren't actually shooting the match but a monitor showing the match. Then the shot would would stray on to crowd, the floor, etc. Hilarious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Major Kong said:

My favorite was when they weren't actually shooting the match but a monitor showing the match. Then the shot would would stray on to crowd, the floor, etc. Hilarious.

As in during the challenge replays?  The horror, the horror.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a clue, Flo.

Don't wait until the very moment wrestling starts to take your 'Boutboard' stream live.

Get there an hour early and let people see it.

You could also do a recap of the previous day on your 'Flozone' stream to get people interested.

If you decide to do this, please find someone who can pronounce the competitor's names and knows something about wrestling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mike Parrish said:

Here's a clue, Flo.

Don't wait until the very moment wrestling starts to take your 'Boutboard' stream live.

Get there an hour early and let people see it.

 

and maybe fix the boutboard so folks can actually see the names not just their first initial.  :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, ionel said:

and maybe fix the boutboard so folks can actually see the names not just their first initial.  :(

The team name ends up crowding out the athlete's name.

For a company that claims it's a media company, this is boneheaded stuff.

 

 

2022-World-Team-Trials-Challenge-Tournament.png

Edited by Mike Parrish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Flo is a joke at this point. Growing pains are no longer an excuse, now failure is a reason. And yes, there is a difference between excuses and reasons.

Somehow you are in Austin, a technology and media technology hub, but can’t succeed. I bet if they focused on bringing talent, and I’m not talking the content or announcing type, they would achieve a significant amount of increased quality. But they provide a 360 degree cheap product built on a good ol’ boy employee system of semi-competents based on loyalty and it shows. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Flo already knows how to do this work too.
Here's a screencap from their site with the same information as the Boutboard without all the unreadability.

That they don't understand how to do this on their streaming feed makes it even worse.

FLOARENA.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mike Parrish said:

Flo already knows how to do this work too.
Here's a screencap from their site with the same information as the Boutboard without all the unreadability.

That they don't understand how to do this on their streaming feed makes it even worse.

FLOARENA.png

Quick now while they are ignoring their best customers, ask what their average dev salary is and how many are on payroll + contractor engineers on payroll. Then ask for their CVs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

102 is very low for an SWE (software engineer AKA developer) in any area of the US much less Austin. I would know because I run a P&L chock full of them.

130 is a bare minimum before even going up a level or two, much less into dev management.

You get what you pay for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...