bnwtwg

If USA Wrestling is going to get in bed with Flo, when is there media production accountability?

Just now, bnwtwg said:

102 is very low for an SWE (software engineer AKA developer) in any area of the US much less Austin. I would know because I run a P&L chock full of them.

130 is a bare minimum before even going up a level or two, much less into dev management.

You get what you pay for.

And that's the AVERAGE.

Range is 70K-120K

You do indeed get what you pay for.

1 minute ago, Mike Parrish said:

Even their website has rendering problems.

Half an ongoing match is exactly what I wanted to see...

PC Load Letter?!

But the ads ALWAYS render...

FLOARENA (1).png

Lol. Pretty sad when paying customers like you can so easily mock this organization's glaring weaknesses. The fact this stuff never gets addressed is amazing.

Hey Flo when you’re ready to quit dicking off give me a call. So how’s this for public jockeying…

For Flo, and only Flo, I will take a major discount and drop my salary to 225 so that you can have enough bandwidth to pay the people who actually make things tick and I will make sure it happens. No bonus just a 36 month prove it or lose it contract. My focus will be wrestling over the first 9 months, then expand to marathons, and if all goes well then onto rugby and eventually all T&F but only in a holistic product ops way because I understand how to stay in my lane. My name will be out there for all to see and very rightfully judge myself to the same task I’m holding you to.

I love this sport. But it could be so much better. SO. MUCH. BETTER. 

17 minutes ago, Mike Parrish said:

Is there some category worse than 'ad hoc' in testing?

I mean I'm part of a team that does no QA on any changes for an ecom setup that does $80 million in sales... It's not ideal lol, push and go, no feature branches, no qa

Edited by wrestlingrecruit

4 minutes ago, wrestlingrecruit said:

I mean I'm part of a team that does no QA on any changes for an ecom setup that does $80 million in sales... It's not ideal lol, push and go, no feature branches, no qa

I'm a software/firmware architect that works on products that have functional safety requirements.

My standards for testing, verification and validation might be slightly higher than what you're used to.

Just now, Mike Parrish said:

I'm a software/firmware architect that works on products that have functional safety requirements.

My standards for testing, verification and validation might be slightly higher than what you're used to.

Any QA testing is more than I'm used to

I'm a senior dev at an agency  in the midwest, small team, its very much run and gun (we are React\Next.js and Laravel firm). I've been trying to convince the owner to get us a dedicated QA person (we had one at one point) and haven't made in progress... But for the Flo folks, you would think they would have unit tests written, etc.. for their product

7 minutes ago, wrestlingrecruit said:

Any QA testing is more than I'm used to

I'm a senior dev at an agency  in the midwest, small team, its very much run and gun (we are React\Next.js and Laravel firm). I've been trying to convince the owner to get us a dedicated QA person (we had one at one point) and haven't made in progress... But for the Flo folks, you would think they would have unit tests written, etc.. for their product

I'm talking FDA compliance and ISO26262 Autonomous Driving compliance.

I was being a bit sarcastic.

On 5/22/2022 at 12:16 PM, bnwtwg said:

Hey Flo when you’re ready to quit dicking off give me a call. So how’s this for public jockeying…

For Flo, and only Flo, I will take a major discount and drop my salary to 225 so that you can have enough bandwidth to pay the people who actually make things tick and I will make sure it happens. No bonus just a 36 month prove it or lose it contract. My focus will be wrestling over the first 9 months, then expand to marathons, and if all goes well then onto rugby and eventually all T&F but only in a holistic product ops way because I understand how to stay in my lane. My name will be out there for all to see and very rightfully judge myself to the same task I’m holding you to.

I love this sport. But it could be so much better. SO. MUCH. BETTER. 

Flo never reached out. They didn’t even try to sniff around to see that I’m real. Le sigh :(

1 hour ago, bnwtwg said:

Flo never reached out. They didn’t even try to sniff around to see that I’m real. Le sigh :(

Of course they wouldn't.

They have a bunch of C level players inside.
The last thing a bunch of Bruh Nincompoops want is an A player in their midst.
Someone might *see* just how terrible the Bruhs are.