Housebuye

Zahid will take out Taylor

3 hours ago, spladle08 said:

It would definitely bring new eyeballs and obviously
more eyeballs = more interest from every angle....
But depending on the extent of the gambling, thrown matches and rumors of thrown matches would be rampant .
But unlike tennis where every game at every level has a moneyline (so the incentive to cheat at low levels is massive )
Wrestling would probably only do huge events so maybe less risky in that respect.

Anyways, it'd be fun

I would expect the max bet limits on wrestling would remove the incentive to throw matches. 

id love for there to be some wrestling betting. It would enhance the events for me. 

On 5/25/2022 at 8:55 AM, Housebuye said:

June 8th. Best 2 out of 3. Winner makes the world team. 

On 5/25/2022 at 11:31 AM, Plasmodium said:

They scheduled this on a school night?!

You're still in school????  LOL

On 5/26/2022 at 9:12 AM, bnwtwg said:

Name your wager!

$50 to a wrestling charity?

if Zahid gets 2 or more takedowns combined throughout the best of 3 competition vs Taylor, you donate $50 to a wrestling charity of my choice. If Zahid gets 1 or fewer takedowns throughout the series, I’ll donate $50 to a wrestling charity of your choice. 

Maybe an RTC, beat the streets, etc. 

Deal?

I’d love to see Zahid pull the upset, but I think it’s a very long shot. I could see him getting a takedown or two and getting out to an early lead, but I just can’t see him withstanding the storm of attacks Taylor would bring if he got down. Now the wild card here is the weight cut for Taylor… I don’t think he’s been down to weight in a long time. He looks huge so it’s probably a tough cut for him. If he has a bad cut, that could provide the advantage Zahid needs. Taylor seems very disciplined though, so I wouldn’t count on that…just saying a slim possibility 

6 hours ago, Housebuye said:

if Zahid gets 2 or more takedowns combined throughout the best of 3 competition vs Taylor, you donate $50 to a wrestling charity of my choice. If Zahid gets 1 or fewer takedowns throughout the series, I’ll donate $50 to a wrestling charity of your choice. 

Deal?

The best kind of deal, the one where the kids win!

Deal?

Calling an RTC a charity is quite charitable in and of itself.

1 hour ago, Crotalus said:
On 5/27/2022 at 11:41 AM, Housebuye said:

Deal?

Calling an RTC a charity is quite charitable in and of itself.

A Non profit. Do you feel better now?

People who poke holes in giving for not being good enough are annoying. 

These matches will be close. Zahid maybe wins one, similar to how IMAR did against Burroughs. Guessing Taylor’s time comes at trials in 2024 when he’s 34 years old. His attack rate will drop because his speed is going to be on the decline.

On 5/25/2022 at 5:34 PM, Housebuye said:

Zahid is coming into his prime. As good as he was, he has now cleaned up his attacks and is unlikely to over commit to shots. 

Taylor’s gas tank is of course a concern, but Zahid and Perry are well aware of this. DT can’t just shoot at will to fire Zahid out anyways, as Zahid’s counters are too smooth. 

To add to that, I think Taylor is starting to slow down. I may be off here, but that’s my read. He is no Kyle Dake, so he actually has to deal with aging. As amazing as DT is, the thing he  relies on will fade with age I expect (although Burroughs somehow has overcome that through getting even better) 

I expect Zahid to take the best 2/3 and then go on to medal at worlds. I’m not so sure he beats Yazdani, but it’s certainly possible. 

Perhaps he's coming into "his" prime......He ain't beating Taylor.

On 5/29/2022 at 8:07 PM, rod_frufit said:

Perhaps he's coming into "his" prime......He ain't beating Taylor.

6 hours ago, The Genius said:

How did you reach this conclusion 

The guy I was replying to put quotation marks  around his