Housebuye

Zahid will take out Taylor

Just thought I would pop in and remind everyone how disgustingly preposterous the thread title is.
It is disgustingly preposterous on a very extreme level.

Yeah, imagine a thread entitled “Destribats will Humiliate Zain in Canada”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

46 minutes ago, Crash said:

Yeah, imagine a thread entitled “Destribats will Humiliate Zain in Canada”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, Dest wasn't even their listed 65 KG guy leading up, so not a soul would have made that post.  Your imaginary imagined posted is equally preposterous.

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

Just thought I would pop in and remind everyone how disgustingly preposterous the thread title is.

Housebuye was channelling his inner Jimmy C when he came up with it. As Jimmy C proved time and again, you get a lot more thread traction with that title than with a "I think Valencia has a chance" type title. For support, see how well it worked on you 5 in.

I've been gone a few days, mainly due to overwhelming sadness after seeing myself shirtless in the bathroom mirror, but that's neither here nor there .

Where did this "he must be injured" stem from ?

First time they wrestled.

Yaz was smoking him.... But gassed and got pinned, many (myself included) said, "wait for him to adjust to the weight, he'll learn from this"

First round of worlds.... Similar match ....

Olympic finals not so similar and finally he did adjust but DT surprised us all with a stellar takedown.

World finals.... Yaz said, ok I'm figuring this out ...

From this I take: when you're chasing ONE guy, and the world can basically identify how/why you lost, you're going to keep working on that aspect of your game and gain ground on that one opponent until hopefully you surpass him . (Yaz)

From this I also take: if you're tech-falling literally everyone you wrestle, except one guy, who you've been able to outpace (pretty dramatically) and even made adjustments on surrending points (Olympics dropping to knees rather than allowing pushouts ) it's hard to do much more to "further your separation", he's maintained conditioning and he's been scored on less, but in this game of cat and mouse it seems he has been caught (Taylor)!

He had his final X spot, world ranking , who cares ... The only person he's worried about is this one guy who he's always been worried about and how he can regain his seperation..

Should he have worried about anyone we sent to Pan Ams not showing up?

Should he of worried about mowing his way to a Grand Prix title?

What guy out there that's not domestic at what tournament did you NEED to see him wrestle?

Maybe he is really injured.

Or

do you you think maybe this dude's been tirelessly making sure he can beat Yazdani? (which in effect means he can beat everyone else in the world)

And get out of here with "doesn't look like himself". It's hard to keep a lead when one of the greatest ever is chasing you (tips cap to Saduleav)

9 hours ago, nhs67 said:

No, it's good message board discussion provoking stuff.  Erroneous -- the guy who won the Olympics less than a year ago isn't going to lose 2 out of 3, particularly since he's got inside knowledge on how to literally spank Zahid's butt -- but a good thread nonetheless.

3 hours ago, drag it said:

No, it's good message board discussion provoking stuff.  Erroneous -- the guy who won the Olympics less than a year ago isn't going to lose 2 out of 3, particularly since he's got inside knowledge on how to literally spank Zahid's butt -- but a good thread nonetheless.

I know that.  I was being a ponce.

Your rump-rubbing bit makes it swimmingly better, though.

1 minute ago, ionel said:

How many ponce badges have you earned now?  ;)

In life?  My tab is endlessly open.

On here?  At least three worthy of ban.  My count is at 347, though, so I consider myself lucky 

On 6/2/2022 at 6:57 PM, Wrestleknownothing said:

Housebuye was channelling his inner Jimmy C when he came up with it. As Jimmy C proved time and again, you get a lot more thread traction with that title than with a "I think Valencia has a chance" type title. For support, see how well it worked on you 5 in.

Only thing missing is @Housebuye  didn't offer a bet 

On 5/25/2022 at 5:47 AM, bnwtwg said:

I would take the under on Zahid 1.5 takedowns through the series, much less winning a match. But I also agree that in the event he goes to worlds for whatever reason then he is a strong medal contender with a proven international track record when he keeps his nose clean.

Well I lost…let me know where to donate the $50. I’ll get it done by Monday