Housebuye

Zahid will take out Taylor

Taylor looked like he was getting some different looks, drilling with a new training partner out there.

I had Zahid slotted for the initial takedown in Match 1 and nothing after that but he never came close to finishing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 6/2/2022 at 5:01 PM, nhs67 said:

Just thought I would pop in and remind everyone how disgustingly preposterous the thread title is.

It is disgustingly preposterous on a very extreme level.

This aged better than the thread title fosho.

@Housebuye @bnwtwg You two gents are top notch.  Good on you.

The gap between the top two guys domestically in freestyle is highest at 57, 86, and 97 KG.

It is lowest at 61, 70, and 125 KG

Somewhere between the two highs and lows (above) are 65, 74, 92, and 79 KG. 

Perhaps someone wants to try their hand at ranking the gaps from highest to lowest for all ten weights.

7 hours ago, dmm53 said:

The gap between the top two guys domestically in freestyle is highest at 57, 86, and 97 KG.

It is lowest at 61, 70, and 125 KG

Somewhere between the two highs and lows (above) are 65, 74, 92, and 79 KG. 

Perhaps someone wants to try their hand at ranking the gaps from highest to lowest for all ten weights.

I was going to say no coincidence as 61, 70 and 125 are our weakest weights, but Fix performed well last year.  Still, low expectations that Gross' style works well at Worlds.   

On 5/25/2022 at 5:34 PM, Housebuye said:

Zahid is coming into his prime. As good as he was, he has now cleaned up his attacks and is unlikely to over commit to shots. 

Taylor’s gas tank is of course a concern, but Zahid and Perry are well aware of this. DT can’t just shoot at will to fire Zahid out anyways, as Zahid’s counters are too smooth. 

To add to that, I think Taylor is starting to slow down. I may be off here, but that’s my read. He is no Kyle Dake, so he actually has to deal with aging. As amazing as DT is, the thing he  relies on will fade with age I expect (although Burroughs somehow has overcome that through getting even better) 

I expect Zahid to take the best 2/3 and then go on to medal at worlds. I’m not so sure he beats Yazdani, but it’s certainly possible. 

And you were saying?

This thread should be printed, framed and inducted into the USAW HoF. The number of absolutely god awful takes in it has to put it up there amongst the greats. Put some of the most horrific examples under DT’s picture when he retires and gets voted in.

Others nominated are the times that Mike Amine and Spartan Combat said that “Cliff Keen is the best RTC in America” and “Spartan Combat would beat NLWC”, respectively. I’m paraphrasing, but close enough and just absolutely terrible.

10 minutes ago, Le duke said:

This thread should be printed, framed and inducted into the USAW HoF. The number of absolutely god awful takes in it has to put it up there amongst the greats. Put some of the most horrific examples under DT’s picture when he retires and gets voted in.

Others nominated are the times that Mike Amine and Spartan Combat said that “Cliff Keen is the best RTC in America” and “Spartan Combat would beat NLWC”, respectively. I’m paraphrasing, but close enough and just absolutely terrible.

To be fair, CKWC did put their money where their mouth was.  They didn't have Ringer or Cox for that, either.

To be fair, CKWC did put their money where their mouth was.  They didn't have Ringer or Cox for that, either.

This was in the last six months or so. I believe right before NCAAs.

They’d get absolutely crushed by NLWC with or without Ringer and Cox. Stomped into the ground. Murdered.

Edit: He said “perhaps now the #1 RTC in the country”. Not an absolutist statement, but still flat out idiotic.

91d66a490e6d9b3b434ed8f1eedbb357.jpg

On 6/9/2022 at 6:16 PM, Le duke said:

This was in the last six months or so. I believe right before NCAAs.

They’d get absolutely crushed by NLWC with or without Ringer and Cox. Stomped into the ground. Murdered.

Edit: He said “perhaps now the #1 RTC in the country”. Not an absolutist statement, but still flat out idiotic.

91d66a490e6d9b3b434ed8f1eedbb357.jpg

Agreed, they have one guy on the level of Taylor, Snyder, or Gilman.  It is possible they lose every UWW weight in a dual except 92kg.

Agreed, they have one guy on the level of Taylor, Snyder, or Gilman.  It is possible they lose every UWW weight in a dual except 92kg.

NLWC also had a bronze at 74kg in Tokyo with Bekzod.

Nolf is likely the second best 74kg on their team.

1 hour ago, Le duke said:

The same 74 KG guy who lost to ThugMassa G a few months prior.

Nolf is the best 74 KG guy in that room.

Edited by nhs67

The same 74 KG guy who lost to ThugMassa G a few months prior.
Nolf is the best 74 KG guy in that room.

Bekzod also teched Burroughs.

I’ll go with Bekzod over Massa, thanks.

1 hour ago, Le duke said:

Bekzod also teched Burroughs.

I’ll go with Bekzod over Massa, thanks.

ThugMassa G legit beat Bekzod like little over a year ago?  Nolf takes Bekzod easily, despite being training partners.

ThugMassa G legit beat Bekzod like little over a year ago?  Nolf takes Bekzod easily, despite being training partners.

Bekzod was coming back from surgery, I believe.

But, feel free to believe Massa would beat Bekzod now.

5 hours ago, Le duke said:

I was comparing NLWC to Cliff Keen WC.  The only match CKWC would win is Cox.

If NLWC duals Spartan, it would be a lot closer.  I can see Spartan winning 65, 74, and 125.  If they move Vito to 61 and Gilman stays at 57, then Spartan gets that one as well.  But NLWC would win 57, 70, 79, 86, 92, and 97.  

10 hours ago, Le duke said:

Bekzod was coming back from surgery, I believe.

But, feel free to believe Massa would beat Bekzod now.

Feel free to think that Nolf doesn't own Bekzod right now and hold on to a techfall on a down-n-out JB from ages ago rather than the result from last year.

Because he does.  Every time.