ChicagoHawk

Gable coming back?

20 hours ago, NJDan said:

Is the fact that he has gone pro any barrier to this plan? And what about the fact that he is not enrolled in school?

You and JohnnyThompson#1 are the last holdouts that think pro wrestling is real. God bless!

He graduated right?  I guess he could do the Suriano “real estate development certificate” plan or something (otherwise I assume he would’ve needed to apply to grad school by now)

Edited by 1032004

21 minutes ago, buckshot1969 said:

I think it's pretty lame to make such a big deal out of retiring and then come right back. Also, why come back for NCAAs when there is no competition for him instead of the world championships? It seems weak.

While I would agree, I think that he otherwise would have had a more difficult time earning NIL money to seduce him back.  I think this was all part of a strategy.  And why you didn't see him crying or emotional after he beat Schultz last year.  He knew he was coming back.  

I think it's pretty lame to make such a big deal out of retiring and then come right back. Also, why come back for NCAAs when there is no competition for him instead of the world championships? It seems weak.

I’m pretty sure that if any of us could enjoy another year of college just for ****s and giggles, we’d jump on the opportunity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, flyingcement said:

While I would agree, I think that he otherwise would have had a more difficult time earning NIL money to seduce him back.  I think this was all part of a strategy.  And why you didn't see him crying or emotional after he beat Schultz last year.  He knew he was coming back.  

You guys know Schultz just signed on to WWE also. My brother is a fan and asked me if I knew who he was also a wrestler from Hofstra didn't know him.

Just now, Sublime607 said:

You guys know Schultz just signed on to WWE also. My brother is a fan and asked me if I knew who he was also a wrestler from Hofstra didn't know him.

Cheers I actually just found that out today as well.  From my perspective, it is one of those unexpected things where I ended up appreciating the WWE for providing financial opportunities for the legitimate wrestling community.  Even though I never watched WWE or WWF before it.  

1 hour ago, Sublime607 said:

Zachary Knighton Ward he’s been Hofstras best guy the last few years 2x ncaa qualifier 

13 hours ago, headshuck said:

It might be for an Olympic run. He doesn’t say.

The Flo guys mentioned "a rumor" that Gable might return for 2023 Worlds and 2024 during the Gwiz/Zillmer matches. I'm sure we'd all love to see that happen!

If that includes another NCAA season...Okay. I don't see a whole lot of value in that for him, though. I guess it puts more eyes on him.

I think Dan technically has a year of eligibility left since frosh could not compete back then, but his DI timeclock is definitely out so he'd have to go DII, DIII, or NAIA (Grand View probably his first choice).  Overall, with double hip replacements, I hope he reconsiders.

23 hours ago, Coach_J said:

I think Dan technically has a year of eligibility left since frosh could not compete back then, but his DI timeclock is definitely out so he'd have to go DII, DIII, or NAIA (Grand View probably his first choice).  Overall, with double hip replacements, I hope he reconsiders.

clock stops for covid though so maybe he could still get that year back   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4 hours ago, IGotAPlan said:

I'd enjoy this as a fan but curious about the sudden change of heart. Is it because he's not as hot of a WWE commodity as many thought? 

This definitely a possibility. I’ve wondered from the beginning if he has the acting chops for WWE stardom. Plus, he’s wrestling famous, not real famous, even with a gold medal. That said, he also just likes to stir things up on social media. Maybe everything is fine in WWE. Maybe he wants to wrestle again. Who can say but Gable?

On 5/27/2022 at 1:16 AM, BAC said:

This would be awesome, and really have to give a shout out to Eggum here, as he really seems to be the Gable Whisperer.  Gable was a star recruit and is a freakish athlete, but Eggum's got to get some of the credit for the massive level jumps he made.  Then when Gable looks to go WWE, Eggum stands by him, but manages to cajole an extra year out of him.  Now it looks like he may get yet another, not so much by pushy persuasion, by more from unconditional support and helping Gable see what he really wants.  I'm sure there's others involved too and more that meets the eye, but I'm impressed by Eggum's coaching and mentorship.

This is not to take anything away from what you said regarding Eggum, but I honestly believe Anthony Cassar had as much to do with his jump than anyone.