I’m thinking Ohio State. If he reclassifies that would give Ohio State 4 out of the top 5 recruits in ‘22, right? Mendez/Feldman/Bouzakis/Chittum/Swiderski in whatever order. 

Edited by Aviator12

13 minutes ago, Aviator12 said:

I’m thinking Ohio State. If he reclassifies that would give Ohio State 4 out of the top 5 recruits in ‘22, right? Mendez/Feldman/Bouzakis/Chittum/Swiderski in whatever order. 

It would be pretty crazy to think about them in 2024 if that were to happen.  Imagine this lineup:

125: Vinny Kilkeary

133: Nic Bouzakis / Andre Gonzalez

141: Jesse Mendez / Dylan D'Emilio

149: Cody Chittum

157: Sammy Sasso

165: Paddy Gallagher

174: Carson Kharchla / Rocco Welsh

184: Luke Geog

197: Gavin Hoffman

285: Nick Feldman

8 hours ago, flyingcement said:

It would be pretty crazy to think about them in 2024 if that were to happen.  Imagine this lineup:

125: Vinny Kilkeary

133: Nic Bouzakis / Andre Gonzalez

141: Jesse Mendez / Dylan D'Emilio

149: Cody Chittum

157: Sammy Sasso

165: Paddy Gallagher

174: Carson Kharchla / Rocco Welsh

184: Luke Geog

197: Gavin Hoffman

285: Nick Feldman

On paper, this is a murderers row.  However:

125:  Kilkeary has work to do to be competitive at the D1 level.  I'm not seeing evidence yet that he can or will effectively compete in the Big Ten.

133:  If Bouzakis can hold this weight, he's going to be an AA threat and NCAA champ threat at some point.

141:  Mendez looked great against extremely tough competition at WTT.  Need to see him more in folk though and if he can out from bottom and not have the tOSU curse. 

149:  if Chittum does go to tOSU, my gut is telling me that 157 would be a better fit, keeping Sammy at 149.  Unsure of Sammy's senior aspiration other than seeing him at 70kg for WTT, so we will have to see 

157:  if chittum arrives, I'd slot him here.  I think he would need a redshirt though.

165: Gallagher.  Has the tools, but the weight is historically dense.  The parity is incredible and he could AA over time, or never place 

174: Kharchla:  I'm still of the ilk that Carson will win an NCAA championship at some point.  Wish he would have gone 74kg or 79kg for the Open, as I do think freestyle is his optimal style.

184: Geog/Welsh:  I think this weight will be a dogfight between these two, and I'm leaning Welsh at the moment 

197:  Hoffman:  was his last performance real?  Was it a fluke?  I sincerely hope that he's figured out the code and is on his way.  Wish he would have gave 92kg a shot at the Open.

Hwt: Feldman:  expecting seriously big things from this monster.

VT guys say he recently visited their room too. He’s a TN guy, like potential 125 starter Flynn, not sure that matters though. He’d be a great fit at VT in a year or two. Henson will likely bump to 157 once BA leaves. Plus Frayer would develop this kid into a legit natty title contender if he’s willing to put in the work. 

For the record, I think VT is less than likely if he’s interested in the bucks. 

1 hour ago, Mphillips said:

Isn't it more likely that a 19 yr old freshman redshirts rather than doesn't? Not jerking chains here either. : )

19 going to be 20 this year though.  Meaning 2 years older than his peers.

3 hours ago, nhs67 said:

19 going to be 20 this year though.  Meaning 2 years older than his peers.

If true that’s interesting. He’s got accolades for sure. Kind of hard not think his stock maybe overrated a bit though if he has a couple years on his competition 

10 hours ago, Creek chub said:

VT guys say he recently visited their room too. He’s a TN guy, like potential 125 starter Flynn, not sure that matters though. He’d be a great fit at VT in a year or two. Henson will likely bump to 157 once BA leaves. Plus Frayer would develop this kid into a legit natty title contender if he’s willing to put in the work. 

For the record, I think VT is less than likely if he’s interested in the bucks. 

idk why you think frayer would be his guy, thier styles are polar opposites.

I know you could say he'll balance him out but in my experience thats not how it works.

37 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

idk why you think frayer would be his guy, thier styles are polar opposites.

I know you could say he'll balance him out but in my experience thats not how it works.

That easy, see mehki Lewis. Frayer trained, junior gold medalist, natty champ and natty runner up. Mehki’s style is polar opposite of air frayer and he turned out pretty good, right?

23 hours ago, treep2000 said:

On paper, this is a murderers row.  However:

125:  Kilkeary has work to do to be competitive at the D1 level.  I'm not seeing evidence yet that he can or will effectively compete in the Big Ten.

133:  If Bouzakis can hold this weight, he's going to be an AA threat and NCAA champ threat at some point.

141:  Mendez looked great against extremely tough competition at WTT.  Need to see him more in folk though and if he can out from bottom and not have the tOSU curse. 

149:  if Chittum does go to tOSU, my gut is telling me that 157 would be a better fit, keeping Sammy at 149.  Unsure of Sammy's senior aspiration other than seeing him at 70kg for WTT, so we will have to see 

157:  if chittum arrives, I'd slot him here.  I think he would need a redshirt though.

165: Gallagher.  Has the tools, but the weight is historically dense.  The parity is incredible and he could AA over time, or never place 

174: Kharchla:  I'm still of the ilk that Carson will win an NCAA championship at some point.  Wish he would have gone 74kg or 79kg for the Open, as I do think freestyle is his optimal style.

184: Geog/Welsh:  I think this weight will be a dogfight between these two, and I'm leaning Welsh at the moment 

197:  Hoffman:  was his last performance real?  Was it a fluke?  I sincerely hope that he's figured out the code and is on his way.  Wish he would have gave 92kg a shot at the Open.

Hwt: Feldman:  expecting seriously big things from this monster.

I can’t wait to see how these guys pan out. 

I agree on most of this. I’m nervous about kilkeary. He does have a good shot though  with the weight clearing out almost completely in 2024. There are some solid prospects that I see doing better than Kilkeary, but there is a huge opportunity for him if he can take it to the next level.

I think people are reading too much into the Gallagher loss to Haines. I see him as a top 20ish guy as a freshman. He will need to continue improving to AA, but that’s almost always how it works for high level prospects as freshman. He has the work ethic to do it

I don’t think Hoffman was a fluke. I see him as a top 12ish guy now, so he just needs to win 1 upset to AA. He isn’t a lock, but I expect good results. Granted, adding Beard and Ferrari back in make his chances a bit slimmer. With both those guys in in 2022, he probably wouldn’t have AAd  

Is Chittum really that good?  I know he is on the older side, so does he have any results against college kids either in the trials or folk style college opens?

He beat some decent college kids at the Southern Scuffle this last season, lost to Finesilver I believe. He wins often just on the great strength and pace he wrestles with. If/when he comes against someone who can match that, he’s very difficult to score points on from neutral and is a good rider. I think he will be successful in college, but he has benefited from being more physically mature than his opponents up to this point, just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

47 minutes ago, Scorenomore said:

Is Chittum really that good?  I know he is on the older side, so does he have any results against college kids either in the trials or folk style college opens?

He was defeated 12-3 by Tegan Jamison last month. Jamison is a Minnesota recruit as well. 

On 5/28/2022 at 7:55 PM, Creek chub said:

That easy, see mehki Lewis. Frayer trained, junior gold medalist, natty champ and natty runner up. Mehki’s style is polar opposite of air frayer and he turned out pretty good, right?

the difference would be that lewis is a freak athlete and chittum isnt. You think frayer is gonna turn chittum into someone who you can't shoot on because he is a freak who runs down tiny angles?

Edited by hammerlockthree

The Iowa fans seem pretty convinced he's going to Iowa City on HR, and more than just the regular diehards.  That said, I don't know how anybody could be sure about anything these days in terms of commitments, least of all early commitments like Chittum was.  I think the kid is going to be pretty good.

1 hour ago, VakAttack said:

The Iowa fans seem pretty convinced he's going to Iowa City on HR, and more than just the regular diehards.  That said, I don't know how anybody could be sure about anything these days in terms of commitments, least of all early commitments like Chittum was.  I think the kid is going to be pretty good.

I agree...you can't be sure about a verbal commitment and you can't even be sure about a signed commitment.  I guess age 18 is an early commitment now?