10 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Do we think this was about Chittum? (I know he wasn’t committed to WVU obviously)

following on social media or unofficial visits = flirting

official visit = casual dating

verbal commitment = serious bf/gf

sign NLI = engagement

enrolled = marriage

transfer = divorce

5 minutes ago, MNRodent said:

following on social media or unofficial visits = flirting

official visit = casual dating

verbal commitment = serious bf/gf

sign NLI = engagement

enrolled = marriage

semester off = marriage counseling

transfer = divorce

:)

2 hours ago, Idaho said:

Because he spent 21  years at the school instead of 22?  

From the first article listed (April 2017) - After recently completing his 20th season as Edinboro's head coach, Flynn has reaffirmed his commitment to the University and its wrestling program.

"I'm not going anywhere," emphasized Flynn. 

One year later he resigned and went to another school. 

Chittum committed to Minnesota, one year later he decided to go to a different school. 

Stones, glass houses, etc.

51 minutes ago, wrestlingphish said:

From the first article listed (April 2017) - After recently completing his 20th season as Edinboro's head coach, Flynn has reaffirmed his commitment to the University and its wrestling program.

"I'm not going anywhere," emphasized Flynn. 

One year later he resigned and went to another school. 

Chittum committed to Minnesota, one year later he decided to go to a different school. 

Stones, glass houses, etc.

Yep I get it - not the same  -Did you also read the part that he pulled his name from another job he would have landed after having been given a vision and promises from admin for the future? A year later he is gone. He completed his end of the deal and how do we know that admin did or did not. Much different situation to be somewhere 20 years, give up a job to stay based on vision and direction, then leave than to give a verbal, never sign and never show up a day on campus.  

1 hour ago, Idaho said:

Yep I get it - not the same  -Did you also read the part that he pulled his name from another job he would have landed after having been given a vision and promises from admin for the future? A year later he is gone. He completed his end of the deal and how do we know that admin did or did not. Much different situation to be somewhere 20 years, give up a job to stay based on vision and direction, then leave than to give a verbal, never sign and never show up a day on campus.  

I suspect his leaving had to do with what writing he saw on the wall as concerns enrollment and the administrative merger of some PSAC schools. They do that because of budgetary concerns...

1 hour ago, Idaho said:

How do we know Minnesota's vision or direction did not change, Mrs. Flynn?

13 hours ago, gimpeltf said:

I suspect his leaving had to do with what writing he saw on the wall as concerns enrollment and the administrative merger of some PSAC schools. They do that because of budgetary concerns...

Yep.... looks like all those promises about direction and vision have worked out well for Edinboro...

20 hours ago, Idaho said:

Except that Flynn has no time limit on his career (while also being fairly compensated based on an open market), but Chittum has finite amount of time he can wrestle in college (and not getting the same level of compensation).  The athletes deserve WAY more leeway than the coaches.

21 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Except that Flynn has no time limit on his career (while also being fairly compensated based on an open market), but Chittum has finite amount of time he can wrestle in college (and not getting the same level of compensation).  The athletes deserve WAY more leeway than the coaches.

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but your post has nothing to do with my disagreement with Flynn being a hypocrite and comparing him to Chittum's situation. 

17 minutes ago, Idaho said:

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but your post has nothing to do with my disagreement with Flynn being a hypocrite and comparing him to Chittum's situation. 

It is entirely hypocritical to complain about someone changing their commitment/mind (especially when they're not trying to get out of any kind of written contract) vs. Flynn changing his mind on his commitment to Edinboro.  That doesn't mean Flynn was wrong to change his mind, but you can't do that and then criticize others for also changing their mind; ergo, hypocrite.

Edited by VakAttack

3 hours ago, VakAttack said:

It is entirely hypocritical to complain about someone changing their commitment/mind (especially when they're not trying to get out of any kind of written contract) vs. Flynn changing his mind on his commitment to Edinboro.  That doesn't mean Flynn was wrong to change his mind, but you can't do that and then criticize others for also changing their mind; ergo, hypocrite.

Did Flynn announce he was committed to Edinboro, then continue to go to 4 more interviews for jobs?  No, he said "I'm not going  anywhere" ...and he didn't  - he pulled his name form the Pitt job (and any other opportunities)  and he stayed another year under the pretense that the admin had a vision for the future. After a year the vision was obviously not being met and he left. Does staying 1 more year not qualify under the Vak Commitment Guidelines? If the same circumstances were true of the wrestler - committed to a school...went to the school for a year... found out it wasn't what was promised or what he had thought would help him be a national champ, then went to the portal, would be he a hypocrite for talking about commitment 4 years later? 

45 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Did Flynn announce he was committed to Edinboro, then continue to go to 4 more interviews for jobs?  No, he said "I'm not going  anywhere" ...and he didn't  - he pulled his name form the Pitt job (and any other opportunities)  and he stayed another year under the pretense that the admin had a vision for the future. After a year the vision was obviously not being met and he left. Does staying 1 more year not qualify under the Vak Commitment Guidelines? If the same circumstances were true of the wrestler - committed to a school...went to the school for a year... found out it wasn't what was promised or what he had thought would help him be a national champ, then went to the portal, would be he a hypocrite for talking about commitment 4 years later? 

He left one year later.  Chittum was verbally committed to Minnesota longer that the time period from when Flynn said he was committed to Edinboro until he left.

I am still unsure why people are so butthurt over this.  He verballed, he did not sign a NLI (due to 'official' grade correct?). 

Every coach knows it isn't official until the NLI is signed, Flynn included.

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

I am still unsure why people are so butthurt over this.  He verballed, he did not sign a NLI (due to 'official' grade correct?). 

I wasn’t sure if maybe Flynn wasn’t talking even about him, since it was a little after it happened.  WVU lose any recruits recently?

2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

This, unless they sign people need to be quiet