Sign in to follow this  
Stuart1

How about Obe Blanc

Talk about a guy peaking later in his career, in college one time aa barely beating dave tomasette to get AA in the last period. I remember the match because watched dave for four yrs at hofstra. He won pretty easily this weekend. Really interesting group of champions. Guys really can peak later in their careers 22, 24, 25. Just watch his interview with jake herbert on flo after beating escobedo. Quick word on JD bergman talked about wrestling less now doing more stretching, eating healthy, conditioning and getting his body into shape. It kept him relatively injury free and enable him to win the weight pretty easy. I think he said he needs surgery on his back, knees, great to see him make the team. Gavin making the team was also great to see plus metcalf getting back after a few years.

I agree big ups to all of those guys. All of them are guys who could have easily cashed it in and called it a career but they stuck with it and are in a place to attain one of their dreams.

As far as Obe though, I'd expect him to just start coming into his prime. Wrestling takes years to learn and if he started in high school (as I heard Bader say, not always the most reliable source) he would just now be starting to peak IMO.

Another strange tid bit on Obe, I think it's odd that he AA'ed at Lock Haven but couldn't do it for Okie state. Watching him in college, I always thought that bottom was his weakest position. With freestyle thats not as big as an issue.