Sign in to follow this  
Flying-Tiger

Ok, I'm Officially A Metcalf Fan

Just watched all of the WTT finals. IMO Metcalf and Brands both come across as JOs. Ironic.

Brands should be banned for his antics. Looks like a peewee coach arguing for a call. You could put his class in a thimble and still have room for your thumb. He's embarassing. You can see the lifelong impact he has made on Metcalf - such a shame.

Manning, Cael, Smith >>>>>>>>> Brands.

LOL.

Just watched all of the WTT finals. IMO Metcalf and Brands both come across as JOs. Ironic.

Brands should be banned for his antics. Looks like a peewee coach arguing for a call. You could put his class in a thimble and still have room for your thumb. He's embarassing. You can see the lifelong impact he has made on Metcalf - such a shame.

Manning, Cael, Smith >>>>>>>>> Brands.

What exactly did Metcalf do to make him look like a "JO"? Every single match is available online so lets see some specifics. I doubt you have any though so I won't hold my breath waiting.

I'm also interested in what Metcalf did that was out of place. The only thing I can think of is the final "tackle" against JO in the closing seconds, but time was still on the clock so I don't see anything wrong with going after him like that?

As for the Brands, yes. I agree. They do need to learn to keep their composure when they're matside, at least for international events where they represent more than Iowa.

I'm also interested in what Metcalf did that was out of place. The only thing I can think of is the final "tackle" against JO in the closing seconds, but time was still on the clock so I don't see anything wrong with going after him like that?

As for the Brands, yes. I agree. They do need to learn to keep their composure when they're matside, at least for international events where they represent more than Iowa.

Not going to lie I really wanted Brands to throw the brick at the end and have them review the points and add them on. Looked like a 3 point move to me.

My opinion, and I realize it is just an opinion, is that there was no need for the last second tackle. Jordan was on his ass and the match was over. Of course it can be argued that pulling back would have been a bad move (Jon Trenge / Damion Hahn?) but that seems fallacious considering Jordan was clearly on his ass and needed 3 points to make a difference. No chance he scores exposure from that position.

I concede it is arguable, but considering his historical record, it seemed like a JO move to me - although entirely and 100% expected from Brands and his acolytes.

Not at all - JO's history is that he is a class guy with excellent technical skills. I assumed BM must have been pulling hair or eye gouging or one of the other classy Hawkeye techniques.

The Iowa homers will never see anything wrong with Brands and Metcalf. That's your right. I wouldn't let my sons within shouting distance of them, except as a perfect illustration of poor sportsmanship. That's my right. Like I said, just my opinion. We're good.

Not at all - JO's history is that he is a class guy with excellent technical skills. I assumed BM must have been pulling hair or eye gouging or one of the other classy Hawkeye techniques.

The Iowa homers will never see anything wrong with Brands and Metcalf. That's your right. I wouldn't let my sons within shouting distance of them, except as a perfect illustration of poor sportsmanship. That's my right. Like I said, just my opinion. We're good.

I'm usually a pretty avid Iowa hater, but I didn't see anything from Metcalf that deserved the push at the end of the first. I actually respected how calm he stayed after the exchange. That being said, I have certainly seen him out of line plenty of times before (Caldwell NCAA finals was my favorite). The Brands brothers are always a spectacle to behold. I wish for once a referee, at any level, would tell them to sit down and shut up or get out.

Wow. The cognitive dissonance that you experience must make it hard to get by in every day life.

Wow. The cognitive dissonance that you experience must make it hard to get by in every day life.

-------

Indeed.

Metcalf continuing to wrestle while time is on the clock is to be condemned. JO pushing after the period ended is okay, and we need to assume there was hair pulling or eye gouging that initiated it.

Sound reasoning there.

Cognitive dissonance? - or is it giving everyone the benefit of the doubt until they emphatically prove they no longer deserve it. The Brands have certainly showed to be very bad sports. Metcalf is on teh wrong side of borderline, just my opinion, based on more than one episode. Oliver has always seemed to rise above the fray, e.g. the Stieber decision. Probably due to the John Smith influence.

The Hawkeye sycophants running to avenge every perceived slight is to be expected. Try to keep an open mind (cognitive dissonance?).

Cognitive dissonance? - or is it giving everyone the benefit of the doubt until they emphatically prove they no longer deserve it. The Brands have certainly showed to be very bad sports. Metcalf is on teh wrong side of borderline, just my opinion, based on more than one episode. Oliver has always seemed to rise above the fray, e.g. the Stieber decision. Probably due to the John Smith influence.

The Hawkeye sycophants running to avenge every perceived slight is to be expected. Try to keep an open mind (cognitive dissonance?).

Fantastic. The match literally happened in front of your fact on video, and, even though you saw nothing, you'll just assume something mystical happened because you dislike the athlete and coach. And you call other people sycophants? Delightful.

A big question is whether Azerbaijan still trusts Hasanov as their 66kg guy through 2016 or if they have a young guy we don't know. If Asgarov is moving to 66kg as rumored then that answers the question. He was the most impressive wrestler at the Olympics perhaps excepting Burroughs, and he's still very young despite being three years removed from a World silver (at age 17).

It's been a while since I last posted here :)

to answer your question, Hasanov has moved to 74kg category while Asgarov has moved to 66kg. From what I heard Asgarov grew taller by about 2 inches from last year and added nearly 4kg of muscle. Hasanov is also getting back to his old form. He had outgrown 66kg category long time ago and is now much more aggressive than he was during the past few years.