Sign in to follow this  
acadia

what match were you guys watching?

JB took Dake down at will. Look at how quickly OT ended, and the first match wasn't even a contest, JB seemed to make his statement in match 1 which was 2 minute tech, and in the 2nd match, he wasn't wrestling with that intensity, Dakes throw was nice, which happened off of scramble JB reshot on edge, but I saw JB seemngly take Dake down at will when needed. I didn't see any indication that would tell me things would be different in the future.

Wouldn't call it boredom but definitely not the same intensity of match 1. But that's beside the point, the point, was the ease at which JB scored when needed.

Dake after the throw was up 3-1, with in 15 seconds of that toss, JB had a take down and 1 point roll through, Dake was awarded a /escpae/roll (not sure why ref gave 1 to dake) and the score was tied 4-4, I personally think should have just 4-3, but which ever. Dake had his 2nd take down to make it 6-4, which was nice clean reshot, JB again scored in all of 20 seconds to make the score 6-6 to go to OT. And then in OT JB scored in all of 5 seconds. It actually reminded me of a typical Jordan international match, while the score looks close, you see the difference in how quickly Burroughs scores when need be, it simply looked like Dake wasn't and istn' about stop that anytime , but no one in the world has yet.

Let's give Dake (and Taylor, next year) 1 year of training FS and see how they fare against each other and JB. Way too soon to draw any conclusions.

I'm pretty excited to see it play out.

I am also excited about our long term chances at 66KG. Russell, Oliver, Metcalf and Maple battling it out and improving each other could make our chances for a medal at this weight pretty good over the next 5 years or so.

Wouldn't call it boredom but definitely not the same intensity of match 1. But that's beside the point, the point, was the ease at which JB scored when needed.

Dake after the throw was up 3-1, with in 15 seconds of that toss, JB had a take down and 1 point roll through, Dake was awarded a /escpae/roll (not sure why ref gave 1 to dake) and the score was tied 4-4, I personally think should have just 4-3, but which ever. Dake had his 2nd take down to make it 6-4, which was nice clean reshot, JB again scored in all of 20 seconds to make the score 6-6 to go to OT. And then in OT JB scored in all of 5 seconds. It actually reminded me of a typical Jordan international match, while the score looks close, you see the difference in how quickly Burroughs scores when need be, it simply looked like Dake wasn't and istn' about stop that anytime , but no one in the world has yet.

Dake got a reversal.

Doesn't the fact that Dake had to wrestle 3 earlier matches while JB rested, count for something?

Try this. Do as many pull-up as you can, and then run a mile as fast as you can. Rest an hour or so, and then do it again. Do that four times in one day, and let me know how the fourth time compares to the first. I'm guessing you will not do as well the forth time.

Dake got a reversal.

I remember thinking that Dake should have gotten a caution and one for Burroughs fleeing the mat as well. I'd have to go back and look at it again, though.

It was on the far side of the mat from the camera but he ended up on top. I didn't notice any other signal so that's what I figured it had to be.