HurricaneWrestling2

College Wrestler Dies from Heatstroke

Well...to stop all bad things that happen in the world we just need to appoint Mike Parish and lurk nowitzki to be the investigators, the judge, and the jury...getting all their information/"facts" off the internet and from news articles.

43 minutes ago, dman115 said:

Well...to stop all bad things that happen in the world we just need to appoint Mike Parish and lurk nowitzki to be the investigators, the judge, and the jury...getting all their information/"facts" off the internet and from news articles.

Or we could appoint you and MSU158 to try and discourage any conversation on a topic that wrestling needs to deal with better.

Choose wisely, folks.

1 minute ago, Mike Parrish said:

Or we could appoint you and MSU158 to try and discourage any conversation on a topic that wrestling needs to deal with better.

Choose wisely, folks.

You and lurk sure do have some reading comprehension issues don't you?!  First you two claim we are supporting the coaches, then we are helping sexual predators thrive, then you claim we are discouraging any conversation around the topic??  Seriously, how do you come to that conclusion??  It is a rhetorical questions as I already know the answer.  Go find the boogeyman somewhere else.

30 minutes ago, Mike Parrish said:

Choose wisely, folks.

You do realize we are actually substantial DRIVING forces CREATING conversation on this topic, right?  We simply don't think people on this board have the necessary info to convict.  But, that doesn't mean you shouldn't think they did something wrong and that people in positions of power throughout wrestling should be made aware of this and stay informed throughout to determine if sanctions should be implemented...

2 hours ago, MSU158 said:

You do realize we are actually substantial DRIVING forces CREATING conversation on this topic, right?  We simply don't think people on this board have the necessary info to convict.  But, that doesn't mean you shouldn't think they did something wrong and that people in positions of power throughout wrestling should be made aware of this and stay informed throughout to determine if sanctions should be implemented...

Who is this "we" you are referring to? Were you appointed as the speaker in some kind of formal process or is this just a self appointed pretend position? I am glad you pointed out to us that "we" don't have the necessary info to convict. I should just point out, to be completely clear, that this is a forum and we also lack the legal authority to hold any kind of kangaroo court here, so we have no power to convict. 

So you are willing to admit the people in power did something wrong but you are unwilling to want to see a trial here. Let's not use a prosecutor not bringing charges as any kind of proof. Small town legal shenanigans happen all the time. Perhaps in the thriving metropolis of Williamsburg, KY (population of 5200), the prosecutor knows the board members or the athletic director or whoever. There are a ton of reasons that charges don't get brought, and well-connected people tend to get the benefit of this cronyism more often than not. 

If you died during practice, after complaining, after showing signs of extreme fatigue and begging for water, would you want the prosecutor to look the other way? If your child died under the watch of two coaches, would you be okay with a "hey, it happens" response? Snap out of it, edgelord. You are arguing an indefensible position. 

6 minutes ago, Mike Parrish said:

That article shows a decidedly mixed review of SafeSport with people on both sides being unhappy with it for diametrically opposed reasons.

Which side do you come down on?

“Anarchism is founded on the observation that since few men are wise enough to rule themselves, even fewer are wise enough to rule others.”
 Edward Abbey

2 minutes ago, TheHeel said:

Who is this "we" you are referring to? Were you appointed as the speaker in some kind of formal process or is this just a self appointed pretend position? I am glad you pointed out to us that "we" don't have the necessary info to convict. I should just point out, to be completely clear, that this is a forum and we also lack the legal authority to hold any kind of kangaroo court here, so we have no power to convict. 

So you are willing to admit the people in power did something wrong but you are unwilling to want to see a trial here. Let's not use a prosecutor not bringing charges as any kind of proof. Small town legal shenanigans happen all the time. Perhaps in the thriving metropolis of Williamsburg, KY (population of 5200), the prosecutor knows the board members or the athletic director or whoever. There are a ton of reasons that charges don't get brought, and well-connected people tend to get the benefit of this cronyism more often than not. 

If you died during practice, after complaining, after showing signs of extreme fatigue and begging for water, would you want the prosecutor to look the other way? If your child died under the watch of two coaches, would you be okay with a "hey, it happens" response? Snap out of it, edgelord. You are arguing an indefensible position. 

I swear, this board leads me to believe that reading comprehension is a LOST ART...

"We" is LITERALLY a direct response to a post referencing dman and I.  I am pretty sure the correct personal pronoun in that case is, in fact, "we'.

I never said a trial shouldn't happen. I actually ENDORSED a civil one and I simply said we don't have all the info necessary to say a criminal one should happen and, so far, it looks like the authorities don't either.

I have known a lot of coaches in my time and VERY FEW fall into the category of being "well-connected" enough to have not one criminal charge filed for the wrongful death of a student, if in fact there is ANY evidence to bring said charges.

Finally, who said ANYTHING about the prosecutor looking the other way?  It sure as hell wasn't me. If you go back and actually READ, you will see I said I trust the authorities to THOROUGHLY review every aspect and follow the Civil proceedings closely to see if any new evidence comes to light to indict and/or convict with.  

I am not arguing an indefensible position.  You are CREATING one and then putting me there without READING and COMPREHENDING...

Just now, MSU158 said:

I swear, this board leads me to believe that reading comprehension is a LOST ART...

"We" is LITERALLY a direct response to a post referencing dman and I.  I am pretty sure the correct personal pronoun in that case is, in fact, "we'.

I never said a trial shouldn't happen. I actually ENDORSED a civil one and I simply said we don't have all the info necessary to say a criminal one should happen and, so far, it looks like the authorities don't either.

I have known a lot of coaches in my time and VERY FEW fall into the category of being "well-connected" enough to have not one criminal charge filed for the wrongful death of a student, if in fact there is ANY evidence to bring said charges.

Finally, who said ANYTHING about the prosecutor looking the other way?  It sure as hell wasn't me. If you go back and actually READ, you will see I said I trust the authorities to THOROUGHLY review every aspect and follow the Civil proceedings closely to see if any new evidence comes to light to indict and/or convict with.  

I am not arguing an indefensible position.  You are CREATING one and then putting me there without READING and COMPREHENDING...

How on earth did Nassar get away with it for so long? What about the pervert usa wrestling doctor? What about the Penn State football coach? What about Boys Town? There are countless examples. Not sure you want this to be the hill you argue on.

So if you had a kid who died during conditioning punishment practice, you wouldn't want criminal charges filed - got it. 

Just now, Mike Parrish said:

Maybe stop trying to tell people on a forum what they're allowed to discuss and what positions they're allowed to take...

Lol, yet again, lack of reading comprehension.  When did I say you can't discuss it?  Hell, I am on here discussing it WITH you.  As far as positions go, I CAN'T STAND Nancy Grace.  Fire and brimstone every time gets old.  You are welcome to the guilty until proven innocence stance, but I will argue vehemently against it until the person is ACTUALLY FOUND guilty or you show me irrefutable evidence... Fair enough?

Just now, MSU158 said:

Lol, yet again, lack of reading comprehension.  When did I say you can't discuss it?  Hell, I am on here discussing it WITH you.  As far as positions go, I CAN'T STAND Nancy Grace.  Fire and brimstone every time gets old.  You are welcome to the guilty until proven innocence stance, but I will argue vehemently against it until the person is ACTUALLY FOUND guilty or you show me irrefutable evidence... Fair enough?

I don't have the burden of providing the prosecutorial evidence because I am not a prosecutor.

You're trying to frame the conversation in very narrow terms to 'win' the conversation.

1 minute ago, MSU158 said:

You are boldly calling for civil proceedings. But you don't want criminal proceedings. Do you understand how a logical person could see your position as hypocritical?

3 minutes ago, Mike Parrish said:

Maybe stop trying to tell people on a forum what they're allowed to discuss and what positions they're allowed to take...

Maybe we have every right to share our opinions about how ridiculous your opinion is and why we think that.  People have different opinions on here all the time about pretty much every topic...its a forum.

Maybe brush up on your reading comprehension before trying to tell others what to do.

Just now, dman115 said:

Maybe we have every right to share our opinions about how ridiculous your opinion is and why we think that.  People have different opinions on here all the time about pretty much every topic...its a forum.

Maybe brush up on your reading comprehension before trying to tell others what to do.

Irony, thy name is dman.

1 minute ago, TheHeel said:

You are boldly calling for civil proceedings. But you don't want criminal proceedings. Do you understand how a logical person could see your position as hypocritical?

When did he say he didn't want criminal proceedings??  Geeze, you and Mike are terrible at basic reading comprehension...wow!

1 minute ago, TheHeel said:

How on earth did Nassar get away with it for so long? What about the pervert usa wrestling doctor? What about the Penn State football coach? What about Boys Town? There are countless examples. Not sure you want this to be the hill you argue on.

So if you had a kid who died during conditioning punishment practice, you wouldn't want criminal charges filed - got it. 

Are any of those involved in the fringe sport of wrestling? In Kentucky?  For a small university?  

I have already explained how Nassar got away with it for so long.  It had ZERO to do with being well connected and prosecutors looking the other way.  Doctors simply have access to compromising positions and it can often be hard to prove wrongdoing if the women do not report it in a timely fashion with visible, documented evidence, witnesses and sadly it usually takes multiple victims to come forward to create enough evidence.  Even then, the real breakthrough was Nassar himself cracking under the pressure.  

PSU football is a different animal entirely.  Make no mistake, if it happened at PSU wrestling, it would NEVER have made it that far...

Also, if it were my child, I would want the proper punishment to fit the crime.  Right now, I simply do NOT know what that is and really neither does ANYONE posting here.  That has been the point the entire time! 

1 minute ago, dman115 said:

When did he say he didn't want criminal proceedings??  Geeze, you and Mike are terrible at basic reading comprehension...wow!

It was when he wrote: "I actually ENDORSED a civil one and I simply said we don't have all the info necessary to say a criminal one should happen"

why don't you go for a jog or do some pushups? you have some work to do.

Just now, dman115 said:

Zero reading comprehension, thy name is Mike Parrish

Who is trying to control the conversation by framing what others need to provide.

I see what you two ding dongs are doing. You just don't like being called out on it.

4 minutes ago, TheHeel said:

Reading comprehension, yet again.  I am actually starting to get embarrassed for some of you.  I posted MULTIPLE TIMES, that I only see enough evidence to pursue civil and hope, if there is in fact reason to charge criminally, that the civil case brings that information to light, so that a prosecutor could pursue charges.  

1 minute ago, Mike Parrish said:

Who is trying to control the conversation by framing what others need to provide.

I see what you two ding dongs are doing. You just don't like being called out on it.

Dman is trolling, and not even very well. Don't feed him. MSU actually believes what he is writing.