Sign in to follow this  
VakAttack

Jesse Thielke under the radar?

This seems to have been traveling way under the radar, probably since it's Greco, but BIG props to Jesse Thielke who has yet to wrestle an official college match making the World Team. This is a really huge deal, and most people aren't really talking about it. Congratulations to Jesse!

Guest Hammerlock3

doesn't he have a poor history at junior worlds?

Not to say ur wrong but that might temper the excitement.

doesn't he have a poor history at junior worlds?

Not to say ur wrong but that might temper the excitement.

He took third last year, but does have some lower results a weight down. But people don't have to be stoked for his chances at a Gold or anything, but just making the team is a pretty nice feat. It deserves celebration, in my opinion.

As great as it is that Thielke made the World Team, I was so hoping Ryan Mango would have won. The reason being that we would have had a pair of brothers make the world team for the first time since I believe the Brands brothers.

Burroughs finished 10th at Junior Worlds. It's a very tough tournament, we've had a lot of guys not medal there who went on to success on the senior level. Russia has had guys finish 2nd at Junior Worlds who won a World championship the same year. This year's Russian Nationals champ at 84kg didn't make the finals last year at Junior Worlds.

As great as it is that Thielke made the World Team, I was so hoping Ryan Mango would have won. The reason being that we would have had a pair of brothers make the world team for the first time since I believe the Brands brothers.

Since the Zadicks 2006 actually

If the article on themat.com is correct, I thought it was interesting that both guys are 21 years old but Mango will be a redshirt senior in college and Thielke will be a redshirt freshman.

If the article on themat.com is correct, I thought it was interesting that both guys are 21 years old but Mango will be a redshirt senior in college and Thielke will be a redshirt freshman.

That's what happens when you don't go to college right after high school and then take a reshirt year. I think he also "red-shirted" 8th grade, but I could be wrong on that one, so don't quote me.

That's what happens when you don't go to college right after high school and then take a reshirt year. I think he also "red-shirted" 8th grade, but I could be wrong on that one, so don't quote me.

Graduated HS in 2011

Year off training for Olympics 11-12

Redshirt year 12-13

Redshirt frosh 13-14

DOB 6/9/92. So he was almost 19 when he graduated HS. So he will be a 21yr old redshirt frosh this year.