Just now, Eagle26 said:

It’s getting harder and harder to be a Dake fan. The whining and close matches are getting old. I mean he proved he score quickly when he needed to, why not put some more points up so it doesn’t come down to the wire?

No offence but is this the first you've watched him wrestle? This is why he can't win a fantasy match with taylor, its a really old story.

1 minute ago, Jrr277 said:

I think Dake wins again next year, 2023 is a coin flip, and Nolf is the Olympic rep in 2024.

Nolf scored one TD. Otherwise he wasn’t very close. Big Nolf fan but I’m not sure what makes you think that. Closing the gap is Waaay different than beating Dake. 

Let's jump the brakes on nolf. He hasn't even been at a james green level...in fact lost to green several times....that's a whole level below Burroughs, dake.

He's only had dake to prepare for

These guys like Valencia, nolf, they have potential but on the big stage 1 loss your done scenario are not trustworthy.   Nolf could be tetched or lose to a nobody

Valencia isn't even on naifonov level

The talent in USA is going to drop big time when these one in a generation types retire. 

Just now, AnklePicker said:

Nolf scored one TD. Otherwise he wasn’t very close. Big Nolf fan but I’m not sure what makes you think that. Closing the gap is Waaay different than beating Dake. 

Nolf finally looks the size of his weight class and he'll only get stronger. Nolf's one TD was more than Dake scored. Dake, despite the anti-aging jokes, isn't getting any younger.

3 minutes ago, Eagle26 said:

It’s getting harder and harder to be a Dake fan. The whining and close matches are getting old. I mean he proved he score quickly when he needed to, why not put some more points up so it doesn’t come down to the wire?

I dunno.

It's pretty easy for me to be a fan of an American who wins. 

Interesting - folks picking Nolf for 2024.  Expecting Burroughs to try at 74kg too.  Nolf makes that team he will have earned it.

missed the Dake match.  Sucks that he won a close one.  Would prefer to see domination to feel better about worlds.

2 minutes ago, Jon_Kozak said:

Nolf defeated Bizhoev (2021 world bronze) at the Yarygin and Tsabolov (2014 world champ and 2017 world silver) in December so I think he'd be a great medal threat

My thought exactly. Agree.

Just now, Jrr277 said:

Same. I'm not crazy about Dake, but I'll damn sure root for him when he's representing the USA.

I think Dake showed up to beat Nolf today. 

He controlled center and scored more points. Officials probably don't like hearing from Dake, but they know how to score his matches. 

1 minute ago, hammerlockthree said:

No offence but is this the first you've watched him wrestle? This is why he can't win a fantasy match with taylor, its a really old story.

Haha yeah that’s why I said it’s getting old. Although he’s always had intermittent exciting matches. Personally, I started becoming a Dake fan because of the annoying Taylor fans that always thought he was better just because of his style. I like seeing points scored but understand that’s not the only definition of dominance. But it does make it hard to continue being a fan when he chooses to have close matches.

3 minutes ago, nom said:

Interesting - folks picking Nolf for 2024.  Expecting Burroughs to try at 74kg too.  Nolf makes that team he will have earned it.

missed the Dake match.  Sucks that he won a close one.  Would prefer to see domination to feel better about worlds.

I would be absolutely shocked if Burroughs could make 74kg again and be effective.  I just don't think he has that cut in him anymore.

4 minutes ago, dmm53 said:

Nolf is at least a clear 2nd in the 74KG pecking order.   No one else was close to him at WTT.

He is still behind JB too, in everybody's logical eyes.

I am a fan of JB at 79.  I want to see him at 86 and not sucked out at 74.  I am with Pyle on this one.

7 minutes ago, denger said:

I dunno.

It's pretty easy for me to be a fan of an American who wins. 

For sure rooting for him at Worlds! I meant against other Americans who have a more exciting style. Not trying to put him down as I still consider myself a fan… he’s just making it harder for me lol

2 minutes ago, Eagle26 said:

For sure rooting for him at Worlds! I meant against other Americans who have a more exciting style. Not trying to put him down as I still consider myself a fan… he’s just making it harder for me lol

He's cerebral. 

I'd like to see him against the top guys in the World again. 

I can agree with the Nolf fans too - his potential is clear. Getting past Dake will always be a serious challenge.