hammerlockthree

Who is your ideal announcing team?

Mine is no one, no one, and no one.

Actually not kidding.  Occasionally Flo will post a video of a match where they didn't get an announcer to the mat, and it's great.  You get the crowd noise, and the coaches and the wrestlers, and you don't get the usual annoying and seldom helpful yakking by people who think they're being paid by the word.  

Example pasted below. And if you said I just liked it because Massa got stuck you'd have a valid point.

165 Semifinal, Vincenzo Joseph, Penn State vs Logan Massa, Michigan
https://www.flowrestling.org/video/6394724-165-semifinal-vincenzo-joseph-penn-state-vs-logan-massa-michigan

On 6/10/2022 at 1:13 AM, drag it said:

Mine is no one, no one, and no one.

Actually not kidding.  Occasionally Flo will post a video of a match where they didn't get an announcer to the mat, and it's great.  You get the crowd noise, and the coaches and the wrestlers, and you don't get the usual annoying and seldom helpful yakking by people who think they're being paid by the word.  

And occasionally they will fail to show the video.  :(

Screenshot_20220611-073018_Chrome.jpg

Edited by ionel

Just now, Billyhoyle said:

I think so? Maybe I'm thinking the world championships. 

Maybe, I re-watched some recent ones. IIRC One was Knapp with Rulon, the other was Knapp w/ someone else. Knapp is the key.

5 hours ago, Lurker said:

Did Smith do the last Olympics?????  Good lord.

"Fake snap....fake snap.....fake snap......go get it, go get it, go get it!"

Are you suggesting that there were no fake snaps in the last Olympics?

Shane Sparks play-by-play and Jordan Burroughs color commentator

I think Shane Sparks is by far the best play-by-play guy. Shane Sparks and Hrovat were good together back in 2018 at the World Championships. Hrovat was a little biased towards offensive wrestling and more critical than he should have been during finals matches when Jden and Dake won World Titles with shut down defense, but overall really liked them together. Hrovat should have kept with it if given the job to do it. He was a super informative color commentator.