Sign in to follow this  
TripNSweep

Anyone else find this disturbing?

Here's an excerpt from a recent article on Jake Herbert possibly getting into MMA:

"Honestly, I don't think I'm meant to sit behind desk," Herbert said. "Not without a lot of Adderall."

Does that mean that he's supposed to be taking it as a prescription but is choosing not to, or is he basically admitting he'd be abusing prescription drugs? Seriously, that's one of the more stupid things he's said/done.

Guest Hammerlock3

obviously he is saying he is not taking a highly abused presciption drug.

So no...no one does.

Another quote where it is getting twisted to be something more than it is. Basically he said that it would be so ridiculously boring to sit behind a desk all day that he would need to take Adderall(drug prescribed for people with ADD) to focus on his job. He's not implying that he is using adderall or abusing adderall. For all we know, he could have ADD and might take it to begin with. Who knows??

It seems to imply that he would abuse it if he got a job where he sat at a desk most of the time. It's not as if all of a sudden you need it, it's either you do or you don't. I've seen people get all wacked out on that stuff before and it's not pretty to see.

Here's an excerpt from a recent article on Jake Herbert possibly getting into MMA:

"Honestly, I don't think I'm meant to sit behind desk," Herbert said. "Not without a lot of Adderall."

Does that mean that he's supposed to be taking it as a prescription but is choosing not to, or is he basically admitting he'd be abusing prescription drugs? Seriously, that's one of the more stupid things he's said/done.

joke-a thing that someone says to cause amusement or laughter. get a life.

If it was a joke, it's a stupid joke in very poor taste. It's almost like saying if he was going to come back and wrestle in the trials this year he'd need to do a line of cocaine or inject himself with HGH, something stupid like that. Joking about abusing highly addictive prescription drugs is not a good idea ever.

If it was a joke, it's a stupid joke in very poor taste. It's almost like saying if he was going to come back and wrestle in the trials this year he'd need to do a line of cocaine or inject himself with HGH, something stupid like that. Joking about abusing highly addictive prescription drugs is not a good idea ever.

Mr TripNSweep,

I think you're going a little overboard. While yes, technically it may be a bit in poor taste, it is NO WHERE NEAR the severity of what you're comparing it to. If you are around young people, they use similar expressions all the time.

That being said we do live in a hyper sensitive era where you have to be really careful with what you say, otherwise people will misinterpret what you mean and you will end up getting crucified for it. Case in point.. right here.. right now with Jake Herberts quote.

Ahhh.. the joys of America.. where you have the freedom of speech... but you really don't!

For those who may misinterpret what I just said there... I was making a joke about how society can be hyper sensitive. I don't really believe what we Americans do not have have the freedom of speech.

Herbert is a smart guy. And he jokes around a lot. Maybe not everything is politically correct. I think he said wrestling against Northwestern's hwt champ Dustin Fox in practice was like pushing against a memory foam mattress.

Don't take everything he says so literally.

What an idiotic thread.

It may have been a joke, I can see that, but joking about abusing a highly addictive prescription drug is the wrong thing to joke about. I guess I'm a little sensitive because I've seen what abusing that stuff can do to somebody and the results are not pretty.

It may have been a joke, I can see that, but joking about abusing a highly addictive prescription drug is the wrong thing to joke about. I guess I'm a little sensitive because I've seen what abusing that stuff can do to somebody and the results are not pretty.

And I presume you've never joked about anything that would be offensive to some people? It was a one-off remark, it didn't hurt anyone.

And I presume you've never joked about anything that would be offensive to some people? It was a one-off remark, it didn't hurt anyone.

I'm not an Olympian who teaches clinics and camps and is generally an ambassador for wrestling either.