Sign in to follow this  
Bardamu911

Cohlton Schultz gets WWE NIL deal...

Another All American big guy has inked a deal with WWE, that's Gable, AJ, now Cohlton, am I forgetting any? Do you think this is a good look for the sport? Any potential downside to some of the All Americans aligning themselves with Vinny Mac while still competing? 

Editor’s Note: Schultz, who was NCAA runner-up at 285 for Arizona State this season, recently made his second straight U.S. Senior World Greco-Roman Team. Knighton-Ward is an NCAA qualifier for Hofstra. Ironically, Schultz beat Knighton-Ward in the first round at the 2022 NCAA Championships in Detroit.

That is not at ALL what "ironically" means. :)

This is good for wrestling. I love seeing our freak athletes get paid. WWE has an average salary of 500K and you can do it for 20+ years. It opens a lot of doors to other financial opportunities as well. 

16 minutes ago, Zebra said:

Yea, most people seem to ignore or do not know the difference between irony and coincidence. 

Coincidence?

One of our favorite actresses ... plus Elaine Benes. 

Edited by TBar1977

7 minutes ago, ionel said:

So what's the deal, 6 or 7 figures?  ;_;

Probably in the 10's of thousands if they signed 15 guys. But it means they have a good chance to make the WWE roster at some point. 

3 minutes ago, TheHeel said:

Probably in the 10's of thousands if they signed 15 guys. But it means they have a good chance to make the WWE roster at some point. 

There's a good chance I may end up in a retirement home some day, I wonder if I can get a NIL for that?  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you were a college athlete who had interested fans, I bet you could. Just like influencers on youtube and whatnot. My wife told me about some lady in our neighborhood who makes a good living setting up model home photos at her house and then linking all the items in the photos to affiliate marketing sites. She promotes this crap on instagram and the other brain rotting social media sites. She gets a ton of views and will retire a lot sooner than I will. 

1 minute ago, TheHeel said:

If you were a college athlete who had interested fans, I bet you could. Just like influencers on youtube and whatnot. My wife told me about some lady in our neighborhood who makes a good living setting up model home photos at her house and then linking all the items in the photos to affiliate marketing sites. She promotes this crap on instagram and the other brain rotting social media sites. She gets a ton of views and will retire a lot sooner than I will. 

folks follow me on Strava so ...   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 hour ago, TheHeel said:

Yep... the reports I read ranged from mid 5 figures to low 6 figures depending on "star power" ... i.e. social media followers, subscribers, etc. 

14 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Yep... the reports I read ranged from mid 5 figures to low 6 figures depending on "star power" ... i.e. social media followers, subscribers, etc. 

So what you are saying is my 116 subscribers on YouTube is not going to cut it? 

2 minutes ago, Zebra said:

So what you are saying is my 116 subscribers on YouTube is not going to cut it? 

Man, that's pretty good! You should look into expanding. Better than the lawsuit I received asking for pain and suffering compensation after watching my youtube channel. 

7 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Man, that's pretty good! You should look into expanding. Better than the lawsuit I received asking for pain and suffering compensation after watching my youtube channel. 

You needed to include an entertainment disclaimer. 

"Don't do stupid crap you see on the internet!"

47 minutes ago, Billyhoyle said:

I wonder if WWE would sign any 125 pounders for a Hornswoggle type role.  

I don’t know who Hornswoggle is, but I could see Gilman in the WWE.

Not sure about the men, but they do have some small women on the roster.

On 6/13/2022 at 11:04 PM, Bardamu911 said:

Another All American big guy has inked a deal with WWE, that's Gable, AJ, now Cohlton, am I forgetting any? Do you think this is a good look for the sport? Any potential downside to some of the All Americans aligning themselves with Vinny Mac while still competing? 

He and Gable would be a great Tag Team combo.