Sign in to follow this  
THEMAN

Are all American Olympic fans dumb hicks?

Try and treat this as a question and not an insult. Asking for clarification about a Karelin stirred up a host of imbecilic replies - which necessitated this question. I fear this one will do the same. By the way if you are  a dumb hick a reply of "I cannot help you" is appropriate. 

The answer is no.  And that is a FACT.  Don’t even try to ask for proof or further elaboration - if you do it shows that YOU are the dumb hick.  FACT!

30 minutes ago, THEMAN said:

Try and treat this as a question and not an insult. Asking for clarification about a Karelin stirred up a host of imbecilic replies - which necessitated this question. I fear this one will do the same. By the way if you are  a dumb hick a reply of "I cannot help you" is appropriate. 

Well aren't you smarter than the average bear. 

15 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

i just want to know if its pronounced "theme-an" or "the-man"

Hmmm ... appears to be the preferred pronouns of a troll, not something you see every day.

I would expect theman's response to be "theman cannot help you."

5 hours ago, THEMAN said:

I’m not a hick but could be dumb or Autistic. Should I still say ‘I can not help you ‘?

I've never considered this crowd dummies or excessively hicky

I'm one of the least-knowledgable about wrestling around these forums, which is why I visit them more than post to them. 

Some observations in regard to stereotypes:

The Iranian thread is notably civilized - soon to reach 200 pages of comparatively wrestling-focused discussion. Bravo! 

We had that Russian guy (or at least a person posting as one), Abdullah Khuzin, on here for several years who brought a very entertaining tone of bombastic sarcasm - I don't know many Russian people, but I liked how he fit a stereotype. I like to believe that he was authentic, but would settle for thinking that he played a particular role. 

I've done a little bit of international traveling, and I have an international network professionally. The international stereotype of Americans includes loud, arrogant, entitled, fat, proud to a fault with matching fragile ego, something in-between naive and ignorant. As with any people, a real conversation alleviates most preconceived ideas, but an online discussion forum with its abstracted anonymity should never be confused as an authentic conversation. I don't even characterize the dialogue around here as erudite; I think it's more banter for the sake of entertainment.

Some of y'all keep a serious tone and apparently come on here to get offended or to pick a fight; maybe pick a bone if nothing else. I think that's kinda silly, but whatever makes you happy...

THEMAN is doing that exact silly thing - taking himself too seriously, and he's therefore incapable of finding what he showed up looking for. 

So, no. We're no dumber than the ironically ignorant title of this thread.