Sign in to follow this  
JerseyJoey

Taylor is never going to beat Dake

its a great time to be a fan of usa wrestling i just wish there was a spot for all 3. im a dake fan but JB is the champ untill someone can take it from him. my intrest level is at a all time high to see how this all plays out in future years.

blockquote>

You can't count the All Star match. ;)

The freestyle matches don't count, either, because Taylor is still in college. Dake is really only 2-0 in the series. Taylor has plenty of time to win the best-of-7, and will win because he's a much more technical wrestler.

I think DT will eventually beat Dake they meet to many times for it too never happen. Dake and Taylor are technically equal IMO in their own way. Dakes advantage comes with him being physically stronger. I love watching both of them wrestle and think having 4 of the best in the world all at 1 weight the fans are the winner.

Burroughs is amazing but he will also lose eventually to one of these guys that is how wrestling works you always eventually lose. Personally I think Dake has the best chance of doing this

I am sure that Dake is very strong. But stronger than Howe-- I doubt it. Stronger than Caldwell or Yates?

But the real point is that Taylor beats these other very strong college guys with ease, so I'd guess he's pretty strong himself, even if he is babyfaced. Dake beats Taylor on something other than superior strength.

I am sure that Dake is very strong. But stronger than Howe-- I doubt it. Stronger than Caldwell or Yates?

But the real point is that Taylor beats these other very strong college guys with ease, so I'd guess he's pretty strong himself, even if he is babyfaced. Dake beats Taylor on something other than superior strength.

Technique trumps strength stylistically DT is better than Howe Caldwell ect but equal to or at least very close to Dake IMO. Dake largest advantage over taylor is strength.

I think DT will eventually beat Dake they meet to many times for it too never happen. Dake and Taylor are technically equal IMO in their own way. Dakes advantage comes with him being physically stronger. I love watching both of them wrestle and think having 4 of the best in the world all at 1 weight the fans are the winner.

Burroughs is amazing but he will also lose eventually to one of these guys that is how wrestling works you always eventually lose. Personally I think Dake has the best chance of doing this

What four are among the best in the world? Burroughs, Burroughs, Burroughs and Burroughs? What have any of the others done internationally that would lead you to make that statement? David Taylor is 0-5 against Dake, and was slapped all over by Burroughs. What has he accomplished that would have you think he's among the best in the world?

Again get over it. Your wonderboy lost to a better wrestler time and time again. LI spoke the truth for once and you lost. Move on most have already

The only time I will say it... LI MARTY WAS ON THE MONEY. Its over OH people. Dake is better,time to move on :?

Which time was LIMartin correct? When he said Dake was good or when he said he wasn't that good?

Again get over it. Your wonderboy lost to a better wrestler time and time again. LI spoke the truth for once and you lost. Move on most have already

The only time I will say it... LI MARTY WAS ON THE MONEY. Its over OH people. Dake is better,time to move on :?

Which time was LIMartin correct? When he said Dake was good or when he said he wasn't that good?

Do you have any idea what you're talking about?

My Wonderboy? I picked Dake.

This was just a knock on LIMarty who talked Dake down until he realized he was good.

Never say never...Mr. Taylor is right where he needs to be at this point...Mr. Dake showed all his cards and still lacks speed...What will Mr. Dake do now???

P.S. Open tournaments!!!

lacks speed? did you see his match with howe?

Guest Hammerlock3

He is unbelievably explosive. However it is compromised by the fact that his motion is pretty poor for a guy on his level.

What four are among the best in the world? Burroughs, Burroughs, Burroughs and Burroughs? What have any of the others done internationally that would lead you to make that statement? David Taylor is 0-5 against Dake, and was slapped all over by Burroughs. What has he accomplished that would have you think he's among the best in the world?

I think many would say Burroughs is the best in the world, Dake Taylor and Howe can all hang in there for a full match agaist JB. I think this puts them on a short list of wrestlers. Among the best in the world doesnt have to imply top 5. They are just among them meaning can be put in the same conversation.

I think many would say Burroughs is the best in the world, Dake Taylor and Howe can all hang in there for a full match agaist JB. I think this puts them on a short list of wrestlers. Among the best in the world doesnt have to imply top 5. They are just among them meaning can be put in the same conversation.

What do you mean by full match? Any match not ended by default is a full match imo.

If you mean go to the final whistle by not being teched or pinned then JB has not teched and pinned most of his opponents during his current streak so I think the list is not as short as you think. Under the new rules Dake is the only guy to make it full match with JB but that was only half the time and Dake is half of the guys JB has wrestled under the new rules.

Marty? Is that you?

Odd that you say Marty "spoke the truth"...anyone remember Marty's prediction about Dake 4 faithful years ago? "He will lose, he is a freshman. Freshman lose." How about his spot-on prediction about Taylor? "He will not be bog/strong enough to AA until at least his Junior year."

Marty was "On the money"..."Spoke the truth"???

Laughable.

You must be a rookie here. After the Dake/Sylvestri match read if you can LIMARTY and his predictions while Taylor was to be the next wrestling Jesus christ. LI called Dake to be great and He is. Face it you jumped on the bandwagon to late

Marty? Is that you?

Odd that you say Marty "spoke the truth"...anyone remember Marty's prediction about Dake 4 faithful years ago? "He will lose, he is a freshman. Freshman lose." How about his spot-on prediction about Taylor? "He will not be bog/strong enough to AA until at least his Junior year."

Marty was "On the money"..."Spoke the truth"???

Laughable.

Jakester,

Do you remember Marty casting doubts about Dake's future after he lost to Ian Paddock in the NYS finals, as a JR? I do. It wasn't until he started doing well again in college, that he jumped on the bandwagon again and began claiming he was an expert.

Do you also remember him & hollyboc claiming Taylor would never amount to much, and that all the buzz about him was ridiculous. I do. Taylor is 2,1,2 so far, with a Hodge trophy under his belt. I have a feeling he might be 2,1,2,1 after the upcoming season. Not to shabby.

You must be a rookie here. After the Dake/Sylvestri match read if you can LIMARTY and his predictions while Taylor was to be the next wrestling Jesus christ. LI called Dake to be great and He is. Face it you jumped on the bandwagon to late

Three things:

1) I am not a "rookie" here...as evident by the fact that I have about 5 times as many posts as you...and by the fact that I just quoted Marty's opinions on Dake and Taylor from 4+ years ago.

2) Speaking of those opinions - They were both wrong. It is a fact that Marty said these things regarding Dake and Taylor, and that Marty was not "calling Dake's greatness" - please just research what he actually said about Dake coming into college...I promise you it was nothing like "Dake with be a 4 time Champ and one of the best to ever wrestles in college" - nothing like that at all. The only thing more off that his prediction on Dake was his prediction that David Taylor...the guy who, after his Junior year, is a 3 time Big 10 Champ, 3 Time National Finalist, 1 Time National Champ, Hodge Trophy winner, with a 101-3 Career record...that he would not be able to become an All American until His Junior year.

So really, don't try to come here and praise Marty's genius and predictions - it is a very well established fact that he is insanely far-off with 99.5% of the predictions he has made.

3) As for the me "jumping on the bandwagon too late" comment...I don't know exactly what it is you are talking about. It is another well-known fact that I am in the Taylor camp - if you are referring to my sig line it is part of a bet from the Southern Scuffle finals match that has yet to be changed.