Sign in to follow this  
tech_fall

Who would you rather see at 74kg in 2016?

The same reason why someone may want to see someone else rise up and take the starting spot is the same reason not everyone roots for the best team in sports. JB currently is the best in the world comments such as " I dont know how anyone could root for someone else" that is similar too a basketball fan saying how could anyone but an idiot not root for the Miami Heat. Its sports guys we are aloud to cheer for the underdog despite others opinions the original post said assuming whoever is in that spot is the best? I personally would love to see Dake or Taylor get that position and truthfully leaning more toward Taylor for many reasons some personal some not.

This is not a who would beat who thread!

This is not a who would beat who thread!

Listen. If you want to talk about David Taylor without any of the pesky real world mat results, you can just start a thread more specific. Something like.... "I wish David Taylor was the 74k representative"

Everyone will understand better that way.

I made 0 mention of who I would like to represent us for the first 30 posts I would be just as content with Dake. The first hint that someone may cheer for Taylor and you lash out. Maybe you should start a post why I feel inferior to David Taylor and big and strong when I tear down others accomplishments.

And it would be easier for others to understand your true intentions.

Unless we're talking about friends and family of Dake, Howe, or Taylor, I don't know why anybody would not like to see Burroughs keep winning. We're talking about a guy who is two years into his international career, and is yet to drop a single match either domestically or internationally. If he keeps that going for even just one more year, he would already start to approach legendary status. All of the greats, including Saitiev, Fadzaev, and Smith, dropped matches during their careers. Burroughs will eventually drop a match too, but until he does, he is a big story that I don't think any U.S. wrestling fan should want to go away.

Couldn't agree more and Howe is my Uncle Festus (http://forums.themat.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=82334&hilit=medicine_man#p306432)

On a side note although I would rather see Taylor at 74 from a pure fan stand point I think Dake is better than JB was leaving college. I don't think anyone would argue JB has imporved a great deal. IMO Dake is not far behind Burroughs he did just take him into overtime after running through matches agaist Howe and Taylor vs a fresh JB.

I think JB is better at this point but not as far ahead of Dake as some people say. I would not be surprised at all to see Dake start taking a few off JB in the next year or two and win more than 50% by 2016.

I made 0 mention of who I would like to represent us for the first 30 posts I would be just as content with Dake. The first hint that someone may cheer for Taylor and you lash out. Maybe you should start a post why I feel inferior to David Taylor and big and strong when I tear down others accomplishments.

Aren't you the guy that bashes an entire state's wrestlers (NJ), saying they're not "tough enough", or whatever? Lol, maybe you should follow your own advice, and stop projecting your own inadequacies, start your own DT fan club, and go help prepare your Boy Wonder for his next shot at Dake (I doubt he gets to wrestle JB for a while, as he'll get knocked off prior to it happening).

Aren't you the guy that bashes an entire state's wrestlers (NJ), saying they're not "tough enough", or whatever? Lol, maybe you should follow your own advice, and stop projecting your own inadequacies, start your own DT fan club, and go help prepare your Boy Wonder for his next shot at Dake (I doubt he gets to wrestle JB for a while, as he'll get knocked off prior to it happening).

Not sure how this adds anything other than being a troll. But I have come to expect nothing different from you or others that share similar geographic regions as you. looks like you are the only one attempting to pump themself up for whatever reason I won't even begin to understand.

So you take a personal shot at Scribe, you CONSTANTLY and irrationally take shots at NJ and it's wrestlers (as though you can categorize an entire state's wrestling population), and when you get called out for it, I'M the troll? Lol!

JB currently is the best in the world comments such as " I dont know how anyone could root for someone else" that is similar too a basketball fan saying how could anyone but an idiot not root for the Miami Heat.

Of course you can root for whomever you like, but the Miami Heat analogy is off the mark. The Miami Heat are one of many NBA franchises and are not representing the United States on the international level. Burroughs is one of the few U.S. wresters in history to be truly dominant on the World stage. Even many of our World champion wrestlers are seen as one-time wonders by our international friends, but Burroughs is undefeated for two years and has gained the respect of the international community. In a time when wrestling is on the chopping block, stories like this are good for the sport, and they are good for U.S. wrestling. Feel free to root for whomever (I'm sure there were many folks that wanted John Fisher to beat John Smith back in the early 90s), but I want to see how many titles Burroughs can string together.

On a side note although I would rather see Taylor at 74 from a pure fan stand point I think Dake is better than JB was leaving college. I don't think anyone would argue JB has imporved a great deal. IMO Dake is not far behind Burroughs he did just take him into overtime after running through matches agaist Howe and Taylor vs a fresh JB.

I think JB is better at this point but not as far ahead of Dake as some people say. I would not be surprised at all to see Dake start taking a few off JB in the next year or two and win more than 50% by 2016.

So, in 5 months he went to WC status. I don't think Dake was better than JB leaving college, I think it's not a question you can really answer. The guy was going on 3 years undefeated at that point.