Sign in to follow this  
TBar1977

Penn State about to make some recruiting news ....

According to Willie at Flo the news will make Penn State fans say "Wow" while other fans say "What the heck?". This thread is full of ambiguous hints, but it would appear Willie thinks Penn State is about to land some bigtime recruit that is unexpected.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=157&f=29 ... 676139&p=1

Maybe it's a verbal from a sophomore.

F-T, I actually am guessing someone else. Guessing being the operative word.

It is a guy Iowa wants, and who their fans would raise an eyebrow if Cael went out there and landed him. Again, I am guessing. I don't wish to speculate as to who, but will gladly confess if it is someone else. :D :D :D

Based on highly questionable science, we have it narrowed down to either Micah Jordan or Chandler Rodgers over on the Blue/White Board.

Last word we heard Chandler is going to OK State with his big brother Jordon. It was a 2fer deal I thought.

Does this really qualify as huge news? Obviously the guy is talented, but Penn State is constantly drawing extremely talented guys in their recruiting class. Is there something i'm missing here -->is he considered an immediate impact guy as a true freshman?

Does this really qualify as huge news? Obviously the guy is talented, but Penn State is constantly drawing extremely talented guys in their recruiting class. Is there something i'm missing here -->is he considered an immediate impact guy as a true freshman?

I think he is the #5 guy p4p in his class, so I'd guess he is an immediate impact guy. Doesn't one of the Tirapelle's post here? They are Clovis guys. Maybe they can add something.

Hopefully this starts a pipeline from Clovis to Cael's Penn State squad. That would be nice.

Not sure how this impacts Thomas Haines. Haines is headed towards Hwt. himself.

EDIT: I just watched Nevills finals match where he won Flo Nationals this year against Evan Daley who is headed to Clarion. Nevills has a lot of skills. You can watch that video here.

http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage/25 ... California

Other than being on the other end of the country and causing a little shake up in the PSU HWT group how does this cause other fans say, "What the heck?" Both the cross country move and the new stud vying for a spot issue occurs somewhat regularly in big programs, so it seems like it would need to be more than just that to be a "what the heck" moment.

Other than being on the other end of the country how does this cause other fans say, "What the heck?"

You'd have to ask that question to Willie since it was his quote. I'm guessing it would just be that Cael is recruiting a top Cali kid to Penn State (back east), but that's just a guess. It could also be Cael landing this kid after previously landing Thomas Haines who has stated he too is headed to Hwt.

Haines is one of the top 5 or 10 kids p4p in the same class as Nevills, so hard to think he is willing to sit at Penn State.

It could also be Cael landing this kid after previously landing Thomas Haines who has stated he too is headed to Hwt.

Haines is one of the top 5 or 10 kids p4p in the same class as Nevills, so hard to think he is willing to sit at Penn State.

Thanks, that bit of knowledge I think at could be a candidate for a what the heck comment.

Assuming Penn State has room for three more guys in this class:

1. Marstellar, future 165 to replace Taylor

2. Need a future 149. Either Jason Nolf or Josh Maruca?

3. Future 125. Maybe Brent Fleetwood? Or maybe Conoway until Pletcher or Lee show up.

Seems Cael Sanderson and Penn State are on a major roll.

This is surprising to say the least. Nevills is very talented but Haines is right there skill wise. I have to wonder if Haines is still coming to PSU because it doesn't make much sense to tie up scholarships on two guys in the same class at the same weight.

This is surprising to say the least. Nevills is very talented but Haines is right there skill wise. I have to wonder if Haines is still coming to PSU because it doesn't make much sense to tie up scholarships on two guys in the same class at the same weight.

If Nevills wants to come to Penn State, how do you say "No" to that? He's already there at Hwt. size, Haines is not. If they wrestled today, I'd bet on Nevills just because he's that much bigger than Haines.

It is crazy, though. They both can't wrestle unless Haines goes down to 197 which I don't see happening.

I think he is the #5 guy p4p in his class, so I'd guess he is an immediate impact guy. Doesn't one of the Tirapelle's post here? They are Clovis guys. Maybe they can add something.

Hopefully this starts a pipeline from Clovis to Cael's Penn State squad. That would be nice.

Not sure how this impacts Thomas Haines. Haines is headed towards Hwt. himself.

EDIT: I just watched Nevills finals match where he won Flo Nationals this year against Evan Daley who is headed to Clarion. Nevills has a lot of skills. You can watch that video here.

http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage/25 ... California

Nick is a hammer. Without putting any undue pressure, I think with a lot of hard work and some great coaching, which I think he has found, he has a lot of upside at the next level.

We may never have another like him at Clovis, and we've had some pretty good ones. He was a double OT upset loss away from going for 4 HWT state titles next season. He pinned his way through the state tournament this season (6 falls), and was only the 3rd or 4th athlete to ever do so.

Congrats to him and Penn State. Looks like I'll need to order a new NCAA t-shirt... ;)

yes. Haines verballed long ago.

it's funny how the penn state boards are posting over my use of the term 'wow' in my tweet when i first found out. some of them say it warrants a wow. others say it doesn't.

i certainly think it's a 'wow'.

he's a top 5ish talent, the most decorated hwt in CALI prep history, and i don't think any one saw him heading to Happy Valley.

he text me that he committed and i was sure that the next two words from him were going to be 'Ohio State'.

idk. it was a wow moment for me lol

COngrats to the Happy Valley Faithful, but I don't know that this is super startling. Didn't Cael go get Morgan McIntosh from California? He clearly has inroads built out there. That said, seems like a really talented pick up for Penn State in an area of need. Jimmy Lawson is probably a little caught off guard, though!

F-T, I actually am guessing someone else. Guessing being the operative word.

It is a guy Iowa wants, and who their fans would raise an eyebrow if Cael went out there and landed him. Again, I am guessing. I don't wish to speculate as to who, but will gladly confess if it is someone else. :D :D :D

Go on....

Nick is a hammer. Without putting any undue pressure, I think with a lot of hard work and some great coaching, which I think he has found, he has a lot of upside at the next level.

We may never have another like him at Clovis, and we've had some pretty good ones. He was a double OT upset loss away from going for 4 HWT state titles next season. He pinned his way through the state tournament this season (6 falls), and was only the 3rd or 4th athlete to ever do so.

Congrats to him and Penn State. Looks like I'll need to order a new NCAA t-shirt... ;)

I mentioned to you on these boards (and in person over the summer - @ Buchanan) that I hoped with Brooks Black signing with the Illini that Nevills would end up in Happy Valley!

I may have an extra shirt around here for you if you guys are going to be at your brothers scrimmage in 2 weeks.

BTW - My son is at Stanford this week. Says Alex is an awesome coach!