Sign in to follow this  
rodneydeeeee

Marstellar to PSU

There were whispers a long while ago of Ok St, but the most recent rumors were when the Olympic committee made their announcement. It was thought Chance may forgo college altogether and focus on FS.

Glad he has chosen Penn State route......

Hopefully his feelings of burn-out dont follow him to PSU

what does that mean?

Chance said he was taking the summer off from training and competition. Not sure if burning out we're his words or speculation. But I assume this is what the original post was referring to.

LOCK AND LOAD !!!

We kinda knew this was going to happen, yet it has to be a great day in Happy Valley. Not sure in my mind if he should RS, or "git after it" right from the git go ...

Can he be a 4X'r without a RS? Can he be a 4X'r period?

Haven't looked too closely at the returning 165 guys ... and what ever RS's that are out there that might pop up.

Nice few days for PSU ... Cael must be feeli'n good!

Is Marsteller tough enough for DI? Didn't he go 0:2 at FILA Juniors in USA a couple of years ago? We will see.

No, he's not tough enough for Division I wrestling. You nailed it.

Marstellar will be a 4 time AA easy, especially if he RS right away and obviously stays healthy. This is my opinion and no one is changing it. This stud went to a no name school and still managed to become the best HS wrestler since Kolat. This guy was beating HS state champs since he was in 7th grade. Pretty much everyone here knows who he is and his credentials, I guess some have their own reasonable personal opinion of him, and some just plain hate because he is a PA guy and is going to PSU. I truly believe he AA's at ANY D1 school all 4 years. But him going to PSU with their coaching and plus all the studs he gets to wrestle daily puts him at an even higher level.

Congrats Chance. Not only are you an amazing wrestler, I love your attitude off the mat. Good luck!

Thank you Marstellar's mom or girlfriend. But the key here is if he stays healthy. We have seen guys like Campolattano and Winston and even Altons struggle and they were no less great in HS. But I saw how he got hurt at Cadet Worlds and that was not encouraging. DI at PSU is a grind and being healthy is not a given.

Thank you Marstellar's mom or girlfriend. But the key here is if he stays healthy. We have seen guys like Campolattano and Winston and even Altons struggle and they were no less great in HS. But I saw how he got hurt at Cadet Worlds and that was not encouraging. DI at PSU is a grind and being healthy is not a given.

Well except for the fact they were less great in high school.

Thank you Marstellar's mom or girlfriend. But the key here is if he stays healthy. We have seen guys like Campolattano and Winston and even Altons struggle and they were no less great in HS.

Yes and the key to whether Kudiyamagomedov ever does damage at Worlds or Olympics if is if he stays healthy. A key as to whether Asgarov, Burroughs and Sharifov win another title is whether they stay healthy! Completely pointless remark. No one is guaranteed success in college, even if they do stay healthy, but it's inaccurate to group Marstellar in the same group with Camp, Winston and Altons - he's undefeated beginning HS at 152 in the toughest state, and he destroyed PA state champs.

wire, i appreciate your passion and knowledge,

but 4x what? 4x starter?

projecting anyone as a perennial AA or NC is ridiculous.

Husker ... Point out where I predicted a 4X for anything.

I actually asked a question. ;) Yeah it's a bit out there ... But what the Hell? ;)

Yes, health, and academic progress are always a component of anyone's D1 Career. Usually I do not follow the HS "studs" outside of a few local or regional kids. However, I did catch on to Chance quite a while ago. And he definitely has the skills.

He's going to be a starter. When and were TBD.

RS him behind DT for a year. Let him settle in with school, and turn him loose in the 14//15 season. They'll need to back-fill DT's and Ruth's points in that upcoming season. In his interview he said something like 165#, and I don't see Cael changing his lineup to accommodate him. It is surprising to see how few Sr's they have on that team for the upcoming season.

#1 and then #5 PFP recruits is a great week for Cael.

http://www.gopsusports.com/sports/m-wre ... l-mtt.html

PS: I also got the impression (forget what article) where he just wanted to take a little bit of a break, from the mat. Jeez .... the kid has been beating up on upper class "men" for years now.. ever since he was a little kid.

Wire, remember Chance still has to finish high school this season. And DT will be a Sr, this season so he will be finished when Chance enrolls for the 14/15 season. So he could start out of the gates as a true Frosh.