Sign in to follow this  
rodneydeeeee

Marstellar to PSU

why is chance going to psu? does he want to be behind daved taylor his whole career?

Assuming your post is not a complete and total joke I'll inform you that Marstellar's freshman year at PSU will be after DT graduates, and if he uses his RS for his first season PSU will be without Marstellar and DT.

are you really saying that you think marsteller will beat daved for the spot at 165? listen i think chance is as good as anyone but he is just a high schooler, daved is a college stud. that's like comparing jerdon oliver to jordan Burroughs, sure they are both good and have the same first name but bburroughs is an Olympic champ

are you really saying that you think marsteller will beat daved for the spot at 165? listen i think chance is as good as anyone but he is just a high schooler, daved is a college stud. that's like comparing jerdon oliver to jordan Burroughs, sure they are both good and have the same first name but bburroughs is an Olympic champ

Barkeep, I'll have what he's having.

Snyder is no joke, but he has also lost to J'Den Cox of Missouri on more than one occasion in HS. I would argue he's only the second best in the country at his weight (then again, I have made a similar argument for Bo Jordan being better than Chance too, so...)

Snyder is no joke, but he has also lost to J'Den Cox of Missouri on more than one occasion in HS. I would argue he's only the second best in the country at his weight (then again, I have made a similar argument for Bo Jordan being better than Chance too, so...)

It's a very tough call since they've split matches 1-1 in both styles. Cox is an absolute beast and favoring him in a folkstyle, freestyle or greco match today is a defensible position. However, by an objective measure, Snyder has done much more against other competition (eg winning Junior WTT as a HS junior, beating more top 5-10 wrestlers, etc). We're comparing the career accomplishments of Kolat versus Marstellar, and by that metric, you have to put Synder ahead of Cox.

Cox went to heavy to do the Kyle dake four titles at four weights thing and get a little better competition (still etched and pinned all but one opponent). From what I hear he was walking around 225 or so. I think the plan is for him to be a hvy after a rs season at Missouri and Willie miklus will be their 197 (Snyder tears miklus up)

Snyder has been giving up size at 220 his entire career and has pretty much dominated everyone except Cox. Imo, he is better then Cox, pound for pound, and will have a much better college career. That's not a knock on Cox who is very talented in his own right, I just think Snyder is as college ready as them come and 197 is going to be a perfect fit. I'd even put him slightly ahead of Marsteller as far as college potential based on the fact Chance could have some matchup issues considering his size and the weight class he plans on wrestling.

Snyder has been giving up size at 220 his entire career and has pretty much dominated everyone except Cox. Imo, he is better then Cox, pound for pound, and will have a much better college career. That's not a knock on Cox who is very talented in his own right, I just think Snyder is as college ready as them come and 197 is going to be a perfect fit. I'd even put him slightly ahead of Marsteller as far as college potential based on the fact Chance could have some matchup issues considering his size and the weight class he plans on wrestling.

Tanner Hall has beaten Snyder, albeit in freestyle.

It's a very tough call since they've split matches 1-1 in both styles. Cox is an absolute beast and favoring him in a folkstyle, freestyle or greco match today is a defensible position. However, by an objective measure, Snyder has done much more against other competition (eg winning Junior WTT as a HS junior, beating more top 5-10 wrestlers, etc). We're comparing the career accomplishments of Kolat versus Marstellar, and by that metric, you have to put Synder ahead of Cox.

Cox couldn't compete in the major events like Snyder because his former HS didn't have the talent to attend major events. Someone also mentioned Snyder vs Miklus, Cox handled Miklus at Jr Duals last year. All a wrestler has to do is beat the #1 guy at his weight class and that should solidify his talent and Cox did just that against Synder. I think Cox is like Bo Jordan, you don't have to wrestle WTT & etc to prove your the man, all Cox had to do was go to Fargo and beat Snyder and that should be good enough. There is no argument that Snyder has the better resume but that doesn't mean he's the better wrestler.

Sir;

It tends to become rather convoluted to say, "if I had two brains ...the first would die of loneliness" :shock: