Sign in to follow this  
Hall Sr

Who got the Best Deal

I pick tOSU. I consider chance and Bo to be of equal talent. Zr is a stud but the field at his weight will be much more loaded than 197 will be for Snyder (just an opinion). If Snyder gets to hwt one day then this may change. Both teams had amazing pick ups.

I think we'll see soon enough Chance and Bo aren't exactly equal. Chance is arguably the most decorated wrestler to come from the most decorated state in wrestling. He's beaten more state champions than most realize, probably around 8-9.

I'm not sure what to think about Zain. Every time I have doubted him, he has come up big. I don't think he'll score bonus like Snyder does though, so probably give Snyder the nod.

Zane retherford. Our only HS world champ.

I know chance has knocked off more state champs than most but I can't discount Bo's skills. He is a stud. Possibly better than Chance, but maybe not. I'm interested to see how both progress and match up in college. I'll be honest, I like chance's chances (no pun intended) with the coaching at penn state. I think it's stronger than tOSU has to offer.

Chances entire career has only a few close matches, and they were in an exhibition or when he was either hurt or just shortly getting back after being hurt + wrestling up in weight.

At his own weight he's only had a few non bonus pt. matches his entire career so far.

I know chance has knocked off more state champs than most but I can't discount Bo's skills. He is a stud. Possibly better than Chance, but maybe not. I'm interested to see how both progress and match up in college. I'll be honest, I like chance's chances (no pun intended) with the coaching at penn state. I think it's stronger than tOSU has to offer.

He was just pointing out that he spelled his name wrong, which is pretty nitpicky on his part. It's Zain not Zane.

Zain was the only HS wrestler to win a world title last year but him and Adam Coon of Michigan were the only two HS World Champs we had that graduated this year.

+1

P.S. Dave S©hultz award as well!!!

He was just pointing out that he spelled his name wrong, which is pretty nitpicky on his part. It's Zain not Zane.

Zain was the only HS wrestler to win a world title last year but him and Adam Coon of Michigan were the only two HS World Champs we had that graduated this year.

I dont think that you can say PSU has a better coaching staff than tOSU. Just because Cael was one of our best wrestlers, does not make him the best coach. He can recruit for sure. Both schools have great coaching staffs. The ORTC is plus for tOSU and probably the reason KS chose tOSU.

I dont think that you can say PSU has a better coaching staff than tOSU. Just because Cael was one of our best wrestlers, does not make him the best coach. He can recruit for sure. Both schools have great coaching staffs. The ORTC is plus for tOSU and probably the reason KS chose tOSU.

I actually disagree with this. If you go just by the results themselves then Cael is a better coach than Ryan.

Ohio State's Big Ten Finish During Ryan's 7 Years at Ohio State

9th, 5th, 6th, 4th, 8th, 5th (In a Year Where Ohio St. was good enough to beat Iowa), and 4th

Penn State's Big Ten Finish During Cael's 4 Years at Penn State.

5th, 1, 1, 1 with three NCAA Championships to boot. Recruiting is part of coaching. The NCAA Championships say Cael is the best coach in the NCAA right now.

And thought T. Ryan is the man its hard to argue with those results that quickly for PSU.

I mean I still find this all hard to believe... for so long PSU has been sometimes upper but mostly average by D1 B1G standards. A lot of great champs/ AA's over the years but rarely competing with the likes of IA, OSU, Minn.

I think both have done great jobs but You have to side with Cael as the better coach. Both coaches situations are similar. Both seem to have the administration backing, facilities, OTC clubs and recruiting prowess to die for. To this point Cael has faired better but their will be some battles to come (both for wins and for recruits) that could be epic and possibly surplant Iowa as THE MATCH to watch in the BIG10.

I think with his name, he can pretty much recruit who he wants. When you get that many studs, you are going to be good. It does not mean he is a better coach.

However with his name..... When he gets them, they still have to win. Plus, recruiting anyone he wants, because of his history (or name)is another component of being a great coach. If Ryan had been a 4X undefeated NCAA Champ, he would have a similar advantage.

So you guys are only going to include Penn State for Cael's coaching career? How about Iowa State? Tom Ryan or any other top 15 D1 coach could win championships with Penn States lineup. Imo Cael is overated as a coach nowdays. A great coach yes, but certainly not the best

Tom Ryan or any other top 15 D1 coach could win championships with Penn States lineup. Imo Cael is overated as a coach nowdays. A great coach yes, but certainly not the best

Which discounts the fact that the Penn State line-up is there because Cael Sanderson is there.

Should he continue to win NCAA titles, you can continue with your opinion that he's "...overated as a coach nowdays".

If he's overrated, Brands must be the most under-acheiving coach there is.

Now, see? We both made assinine comments. But mine was made as an example of hyperbole - not a belief.

Yours...?

Yeah....I wouldn't call a guy that just won back to back to back national championships a great coach....he is just good. He only gets results because of his name....but once the kids get to PSU they just develop all on their own....they trully are the great coaches cause they are able to do it themselves. :roll: :roll:

You people are amazing in your logic. Just because you are a fan of another team does not mean you can't say the rival has a great coach, especially if they are whoopin your butt year after year. What do you want Cael to do, go recruit the middle of the talent pool and see how the team does just to prove he is a great coach?? :roll:

What do you want Cael to do, go recruit the middle of the talent pool and see how the team does just to prove he is a great coach?? :roll:

Actually, that is probably what they'd prefer he do. :D

Fortunately for Penn State fans, he is smarter than they.