Sign in to follow this  
Hall Sr

Thomas Haines

Guest Hammerlock3
Pitt

Cornell

Virginia Tech

I have no inside info, but I just see these schools as good fits

Tech has a very good looking heavyweight in the room already.

I think there's probably more here than is being said. It's unfair to accept one side of the story as absolute fact when the other side legally (NCAA rules) cannot be told.

At worst, I'd see if it becomes a pattern before branding someone has having no integrity.

I didn't say he had no integrity. But it does take a hit.

The best part about it is the drooling Ninny Kittens fan base called a kid out and Dad broke his silence. They did it to themselves

Since we are talking about integrity, maybe I should pull up the thread where you trash Haines.

You remind me of the Iowa fans that were mercyless in bashing Bubba Jenkins then he left PSU and all of a sudden they viewed him as an innocent victim of Sanderson.

Guest Hammerlock3

the article in the other topic convinces me sanderson acted in good faith

IMO Cael takes a bit of a hit here.....only because he should have had the meeting after Nev's signs. Tell him " we got you a great workout partner....... may the best man win" But how it was handled....Haines got slighted a bit, most 17/18 year old kids would probably do just what Haines has chosen to do.

IMO Cael takes a bit of a hit here.....only because he should have had the meeting after Nev's signs. Tell him " we got you a great workout partner....... may the best man win" But how it was handled....Haines got slighted a bit, most 17/18 year old kids would probably do just what Haines has chosen to do.

This isn't football where you have 80+ full scholarships to hand out and let them battle it out. Cael doesn't have the resources to dump a lot of money (which would be required by both) into one spot. Cael let him know so that Haines could look into opportunities at other schools that would be able to give him the money that he deserves.

Since we are talking about integrity, maybe I should pull up the thread where you trash Haines.

You remind me of the Iowa fans that were mercyless in bashing Bubba Jenkins then he left PSU and all of a sudden they viewed him as an innocent victim of Sanderson.

You mean like the Penn State fans who LOVED Bubba until Sanderson dumped him, and then the fans "mercilessly" trashed Jenkins on the boards. Works both ways.

Besides, some of us Iowa fans actually LIKED Bubba before he was cast out of PSU. I was one of them.

Right now, we should give Sanderson the benefit of the doubt, and wish Haines the best on his career at Maryland/Cornell/Ohio State/you-fill-in-the-blank. Maybe Sanderson did Haines a favor. If he gets into Cornell, then it was a big favor indeed.

go ahead, pull it up. it doesn't exist.

you remind me of the PSU fans who cheered Sanderson's zero tolerance policy even when he rented a drunk and a rapist to win their first title, then summarily tossing him aside when he behaved like a drink and a rapist

Maybe Cael knew Haines would not come to Penn State without the money Cael knew he could not offer, so Cael goes to Thomas and says it isn't the best fit. Haines starts to look elsewhere.

This is all making a mountain out of a molehill. Kids get recruited over all the time. If Penn State lands a mega stud 125 then what does this say to Jordan Conoway? Will he then get boxed out? Will his father cry on the internet? Will opposing fans say Cael did Jordan Conoway (let alone the other lightweights in the PSU room) bad?

C'mon. This is nothing new. Happens all the time. Haines is not a victim here. He's going to get himself some money somewhere else, and life will go on for him.

Maybe Cael knew Haines would not come to Penn State without the money Cael knew he could not offer, so Cael goes to Thomas and says it isn't the best fit. Haines starts to look elsewhere.

This is all making a mountain out of a molehill. Kids get recruited over all the time. If Penn State lands a mega stud 125 then what does this say to Jordan Conoway? Will he then get boxed out? Will his father cry on the internet? Will opposing fans say Cael did Jordan Conoway (let alone the other lightweights in the PSU room) bad?

C'mon. This is nothing new. Happens all the time.

It doesn't happen all the time. Because not all programs can play loose with being so choosy.

The fact that Penn State can have the #2 Hwt. and then the #1 Hwt. also wants to come to Penn State on top of that is a good thing ... for Penn State. It is what it is.

Haines is not a victim. He'll find a good school that is a better fit for him and he'll get the money he needs. Everyone comes out a winner.

IMO ... waiting would have made the situation worse. By telling Haines immediately, as soon as he legally could, it reduces the impact. Cael was in a "tight spot" where 2 studs wanted in ... One local and one from the Left Coast. He had to make a tough decision, and acted as soon as he legally could.

Also, we do not know the entire depth, and length of the conversation that occurred at the Haines' household. I'm sure there was more back and forth kind of dialog then reported in the article we've seen.

It's interesting to see Cael and his program is the TOP target nowadays for Scrutiny and Criticism ... They have certainly "arrived" when the recruiting efforts are the main topic lately. ;)

PSU recruiting a 125 this year is a straw man. The correct comparison would be bringing in another one when Conaway was still in HS. Of course, that did happen, and Conaway was "the other" 125 to Megaludis in the same year. (Granted, only after Liberty canceled its program that April, with Megaludis signed.)