Sign in to follow this  
Tripster

Is Taylor ever going to beat Tsargush?

Wow,that would be sweet if they actually wrestle each other, will be a good test for Taylor to see where he stands against probably the second best in the world (no I'm not discounting khubetzhty but until he wins two world titles I still consider Tsargush better).

I don't give Taylor much of a chance of winning, but I do think he will keep it close and maybe even get a takedown or two.

My score prediction if they face each other: 6-3 Tsargush.

I just love how this thread is titled. "Is Taylor ever going to beat Tsargush?" It's as if Taylor has wrestled Tsargush like 10 times and got beat everytime. Now if it was titled, "Could Taylor beat Tsargush?" then that would be a better title and a better one for discussion.

I think Burroughs (obviously) and Dake match up better against Tsargush than Taylor. Tsargush handled Askren pretty comfortably, though he was wrestling very dirty, as usual. The silver lining is that Tsargush probably isn't as effective under the new rules -- he used to basically sit around with his excellent defense and wait for a single opening or his opponent to make a mistake attacking. This resulted in an extremely boring, but successful run that was only ended by Burroughs' highly offensive style because his shots are so efficient, and his quickness/motion kept Tsargush off balance. If Tsargush competes like he did at Russian Nationals then he can definitely be beaten. If he wrestles like the last four World level events then Taylor isn't ready to beat him IMO, though he may have the advantage for those final two minutes or so.

This is precious. Now Taylor is better than one of Russia's best.

taylor is the most dominant wrestler in the country, he barely had a match thats not a major decision his whole career, perhaps you should consider that first

Arguably, Taylor isn't even the most dominant guy on his team.

Ed Ruth managed to beat everyone he wrestled last year, something Taylor didn't do. Admittedly he didn't have a Kyle Dake caliber guy at his weight, but you can only wrestle who they put in front of you and he dominated pretty much everyone put in front of him.

This is precious. Now Taylor is better than one of Russia's best.

taylor is the most dominant wrestler in the country, he barely had a match thats not a major decision his whole career, perhaps you should consider that first

Askren pinned just about everyone in college, after a year of full-time focus on freestyle he lost soundly to the Cuban who lost badly to the Russian. Elite international freestyle competition is not remotely comparable to college competition.

Guys don't even bother trying to waste time rationalizing thiat one. dj is close to 0-13 on logical posts on this forum.

Here is his body of "work"

search.php?author_id=82476&sr=posts

Yeah, this guy is weird. It's almost like two different people are posting under his name. The majority of his posts have made absolutely no sense at all and have had terrible grammar. Then he's had 2-3 rational posts with good grammar. Very strange......

IF Taylor and Tsargush wrestle, and IF Taylor beats him, I cant wait for the Taylor haters to diminish the win. I can see it now. This thread will turn into Tsargush being past his prime, and no longer a top win. Also it will turn into how much worse Dake would have beat Tsargush.

IF Taylor and Tsargush wrestle, and IF Taylor beats him, I cant wait for the Taylor haters to diminish the win. I can see it now. This thread will turn into Tsargush being past his prime, and no longer a top win. Also it will turn into how much worse Dake would have beat Tsargush.

absolutely the daved haters are out of control, but they will learn their lesson come tomorrow (WHEN DAVED BEATS TSARGUSH

What makes you say that? C'mon now, that's not really a fair assessment - I'm as big a Dake fan as any, but everyone will give Taylor due props if he overcomes a 2x SR World champ. Will it happen? Debatable (we'll find out tomorrow), but if it turns out to be so, I think most intelligent posters who are worth your time will credit him as such. Personally, I doubt that Taylor will be able to overcome a beast like Denis with such little international experience, but Taylor wrestles every second of the match, and you can never count out a guy like that. Plus, with Khubetzy showing that Tsargush is certainly vincible under these new rules...

absolutely the daved haters are out of control, but they will learn their lesson come tomorrow (WHEN DAVED BEATS TSARGUSH

I think it would have been great for an American to beat the Russian, guys. It didn't happen though, so I guess all of the sidebar discussions about who the best American is that were planned aren't going to happen.

Isn't Mikey going to at least tell us what went wrong with Taylor there? I mean he teched some college guys for god sakes! My absolute favorite part is that he spells Tsargush right and spells David wrong! Dios mio man, just when you thought there was no one dumber than mopar some guy comes along and makes him look like a wrestling historian.

This guy perfectly illustrates the misconception that "we're great" at wrestling. Jordan Burroughs is great at wrestling, Russia is great at wrestling. USA has a lot of work to do, though I have been pleased with the direction of late but it's a long process and having possibly your two best guys at one weight doesn't help. I hate it when people say comparing so and so to Burroughs is unfair. If you want to beat Russia Burroughs is the standard and just barely. His matches with Tsargush are some of my favorites because he wins by the razor thinnest of margins. One tiny mistake and Tsargush wins but JB never makes them.

bwh is one of the best posters on here and he said it best "Elite international freestyle competition is not remotely comparable to college competition." The best thing to come out of this is a lot of the "we're great" guys who don't know what they're talking about, like Mikey, got their first look at Tsargush thanks to Taylor's huge following. Tsargush is a bad ass, enjoy watching him boys because he is great. Luckily we got the antidote.