Sign in to follow this  
Tripster

Is Taylor ever going to beat Tsargush?

Isn't Mikey going to at least tell us what went wrong with Taylor there? I mean he teched some college guys for god sakes! My absolute favorite part is that he spells Tsargush right and spells David wrong! Dios mio man, just when you thought there was no one dumber than mopar some guy comes along and makes him look like a wrestling historian.

This guy perfectly illustrates the misconception that "we're great" at wrestling. Jordan Burroughs is great at wrestling, Russia is great at wrestling. USA has a lot of work to do, though I have been pleased with the direction of late but it's a long process and having possibly your two best guys at one weight doesn't help. I hate it when people say comparing so and so to Burroughs is unfair. If you want to beat Russia Burroughs is the standard and just barely. His matches with Tsargush are some of my favorites because he wins by the razor thinnest of margins. One tiny mistake and Tsargush wins but JB never makes them.

bwh is one of the best posters on here and he said it best "Elite international freestyle competition is not remotely comparable to college competition." The best thing to come out of this is a lot of the "we're great" guys who don't know what they're talking about, like Mikey, got their first look at Tsargush thanks to Taylor's huge following. Tsargush is a bad ass, enjoy watching him boys because he is great. Luckily we got the antidote.

Thank You. A voice of reason. I think we have a lot of talent to work with, something, we haven't had in 2 of 3 of the last Olympic cycles. And it bodes well. But JB kind of said it best, because, heck he's beaten a lot of the best wrestlers around the world. The Dake match was overhyped in his opinion because bottom line those guys are impressive to American fans but not world fans because they haven't done squat against the best in the world yet. Look at Metcalf and how great he was in US and he's just now makin headway in International style.

With that said, go USA.

yea perhaps daved did not win this one but - correct me if im wrong - is tsargush not a 2x world master? daved put up one heck of a fight against a russian std, and, had that match not ended early, most certainly would have prevaled against tsargush in the finale minute with his super conditioning

I like this mikey gimmick. Mikey is what mopar was going for. Where mopar failed mikey has a shot to succeed. It's a thin, thin line, mikey, between clever and mopar. Good luck.

I can't decide if mikey is trying to be funny or ironic or the persona is some inside joke...

Maybe Suzie has decided to changeup her writing style? lol

I'm officially on board the Mikey bandwagon after that last post. The persona may wear thin but for now I'm in Mikey and Daved's corner. I am disappointed that he modified Russian std to Russian stud though..

Isn't Mikey going to at least tell us what went wrong with Taylor there? I mean he teched some college guys for god sakes! My absolute favorite part is that he spells Tsargush right and spells David wrong! Dios mio man, just when you thought there was no one dumber than mopar some guy comes along and makes him look like a wrestling historian.

This guy perfectly illustrates the misconception that "we're great" at wrestling. Jordan Burroughs is great at wrestling, Russia is great at wrestling. USA has a lot of work to do, though I have been pleased with the direction of late but it's a long process and having possibly your two best guys at one weight doesn't help. I hate it when people say comparing so and so to Burroughs is unfair. If you want to beat Russia Burroughs is the standard and just barely. His matches with Tsargush are some of my favorites because he wins by the razor thinnest of margins. One tiny mistake and Tsargush wins but JB never makes them.

bwh is one of the best posters on here and he said it best "Elite international freestyle competition is not remotely comparable to college competition." The best thing to come out of this is a lot of the "we're great" guys who don't know what they're talking about, like Mikey, got their first look at Tsargush thanks to Taylor's huge following. Tsargush is a bad ass, enjoy watching him boys because he is great. Luckily we got the antidote.

I agree that you cannot make any assumptions about how a wrestler will perform in international competition based on college results. But I also think that the styles and rules between folkstyle and freestyle are divergent enough that it is tough to draw conclusions in either direction. Even with the fact that internationally the pool of talent should be deeper, it's very hard to say how any of the top international wrestlers would fare under college rules. Burroughs is the top freestyler right now, but would he have been able to beat Dake in a college match? Would Tsargush (recognizing that he got a turn) necessarily beat Taylor in folk? How many of the guys that beat Ruth in freestyle would beat him in folkstyle? Maybe the international wrestlers are that good or maybe it's just hard to predict how college success will carry over in a different style. From what I've seen Taylor has been a terrific college wrestler who may or may not succeed internationally.