Sign in to follow this  
DF

Marriage in shambles, coming back to my happy place

Married life isn't working out like I thought it would. It was so much better when we were just friends. I remember what she said to me. How she swore it would never end. But I guess we lost our way. Never worried about losing her or even how much a divorce would have me owe. Well those days are past me now. I've got so much more to think about. I wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.

It literally feels like she's about to turn that proverbial corner on me as her fans (parents and friends) cheer her on while booing me as I try to hold on to what remains of our relationship.http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/SNxV0Yw-qgo/hqdefault.jpg

Sorry to hear DF. My wife came to a duel in 9th grade and liked what she saw. We have been married for 22 years. I was out of the loop for a few years but then my son started wrestling and I started coaching. Was heavily involved for many years, not as much any more. The whole time and even now she can't understand why I spend time following the sport, like that's all I do. I ask her why this is a surprise, this is how we met and there are much worse things guys are doing for a hobby like hanging out at bars and picking up women or more expensive hobbies like hunting and sport cars.

A friend of mine is a very successful coach, got married a few years ago. I told him to write up a "contract" type thing that explains the he is a wrestling coach. That means potential time away and spending more on the team than the school pays for the job. He didn't take it seriously.... He may not coach for too much longer.

Hey DF, sorry to hear that. I had always pictured you sailing off into the proverbial sunset after retirement. Keep your mustache and chin up high. When one door closes others open, and remember to always ask the question W-W-J-D. When the world shuns you, remember that you always have a friend in Jadidi. Glad you are back where you belong, my friend.

Sexual innuendo? What are you talking about?

Everyone on this site, who has been around knows that DF's whole thing is a joke....it has to do with Abbas Jadidi, antiheroism, his "self slam", etc... If you are so interested, then why didn't you do some research into the threads I mentioned, instead of inferring your baseless(with no evidence) theory that it had something to do with sex? What evidence do you have to support your "sexual innuendo" theory? Do you just associate wrestling with sex? If so this is not the place for you. Some members of this site joke around some of the time, but never about what you are inferring because they would be banned.

If you had taken the time to look at the aforementioned threads you would have seen that just about everyone who has been here for a few years are "in on the joke", and that a lot of members (including our former moderator) even participated in the photoshop tournament.

..it would have been great if you used a Bob Seger song for the reply.

Sexual innuendo? What are you talking about?

Everyone on this site, who has been around knows that DF's whole thing is a joke....it has to do with Abbas Jadidi, antiheroism, his "self slam", etc... If you are so interested, then why didn't you do some research into the threads I mentioned, instead of inferring your baseless(with no evidence) theory that it had something to do with sex? What evidence do you have to support your "sexual innuendo" theory? Do you just associate wrestling with sex? If so this is not the place for you. Some members of this site joke around some of the time, but never about what you are inferring because they would be banned.

If you had taken the time to look at the aforementioned threads you would have seen that just about everyone who has been here for a few years are "in on the joke", and that a lot of members (including our former moderator) even participated in the photoshop tournament.

..it would have been great if you used a Bob Seger song for the reply.

C'mon, man, just "Turn the Page"...

Fat-FSU-Guy-Celebration.gif

That image brings back memories, the regretful kind to be more precise. Junior year, state finals. Up by 1 with about 30 seconds to go. Ain't got nothing left in the tank. Maxed out my stall calls, one more and it's a DQ. Tie up and I risk the DQ 'cuz this ref's got an itchy trigger finger. Maybe fake a shot and hold on to the leg until the buzzer. Crowd's getting angrier, you gotta do something. Nevermind, opponent's in on the single. It's all good, got the whizzer on the edge of the mat, 'bout 15 seconds left. You got this. Hold the line, chief. Whizzer's loosening up, he's gonna turn that corner. Get out of bounds, man. Crowd's screaming for "TWOOOOO!" Ref looks like he's gonna pull the trigger. You gotta get out! Take the fleeing the mat penalty and hope for a miracle in OT. There it is! There it is! He called the 2 with no time left. Crowd erupts. His coaches are going wild. Empty chairs on my side.

I am just a poor hero, though my story's seldom told. I have squandered my victory for a medal that could have been gold. That takedown was all lies and jest, but a referee sees what he wants to see and disregards the rest.

When I get booed at home and by my family since I was no more than a boy I might as well be wrestling in the company of strangers in the quiet of my desolation. Wrestling scared, take me home. Defeating the poorer opponents that only ragged wrestlers know, using techniques that only anti-heroes would know.

Asking only for wrestling coaches, but I get no offers. Just a get-lost from the wrestlers on my own avenue. I do declare there where times when I was so lonesome I couldn't find comfort anywhere.

Then I'm laying out on center mat and wishing I was gone. Going home. Where nobody's booing me. Booing me, going home.

On the second place podium stands a wrestler and a fighter by his trade. And he carries the reminders of every takedown that laid him down and defeated him 'til he cried out in his anger and his shame "I am stalling, I am stalling" but the anti-hero still remains.

well your name is DF for a reason.

now let's get down to business. can you really believe that a chump named Wade Schalles is falsely calling himself a world champ? and it's true, tripster is running rampant trolling on most every thread.

welcome back.

Married life isn't working out like I thought it would. It was so much better when we were just friends. I remember what she said to me. How she swore it would never end. But I guess we lost our way. Never worried about losing her or even how much a divorce would have me owe. Well those days are past me now. I've got so much more to think about. I wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.

It literally feels like she's about to turn that proverbial corner on me as her fans (parents and friends) cheer her on while booing me as I try to hold on to what remains of our relationship.http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/SNxV0Yw-qgo/hqdefault.jpg

That picture is also a good representation of where you stand with this board's mods and other posters.

She packed her bags last night after another one of our fights, around 9 P.M. And I'm gonna be drunk all of tonight. I miss her so much, I miss my wife. It's lonely out in this place, on such a timeless night.

And I think it's gonna be a long long time ‘til touch down to sobriety brings me round to find I'm not the real state champ they think I am at home. Oh no, no, no, I'm a regretful man. Regretful man slamming himself in the first overtime.

Wrestling ain't the kind of sport to raise your kids. In fact it's cold as hell. And there's no one there to praise them if you didn't. And all these changing rules, I don't understand. But that’s just my opinion, five days a week.

A regretful man, a regretful man.

And I think it's gonna be a long long time ‘til touch down to sobriety brings me round to find I'm not the real state champ they think I am at home. Oh no, no, no, I'm a regretful man. Regretful man slamming himself in the first overtime.

And I think I’m gonna regret it for a long long time

And I think I’m gonna regret it for a long long time

And I think I’m gonna regret it for a long long time…