Sign in to follow this  
TwosackJon

Morgan McIntosh ?

What do you all think he does this next season? I want to say that he has a good chance at an AA. Don't want to predict anything more than that 'maybe' until he shows he can close the close deals against top competition.

It would be nice to see him come out like a gangbuster, though!

Here are the guys returning that placed top 12 at NCAAs with results against McIntosh (listed by placement):

1. Taylor Meeks (Oregon State) MM defeated him 9-3 his freshman year.

2. Scott Schiller (Minnesota) MM lost to him 11-6 his freshman year.

3. Kyven Gadson (Iowa State) No head-to-head.

4. Blake Roshult (Oklahoma State) No head-to-head.

5. Christian Boley (Maryland) MM lost freshman year 12-9; defeated redshirt year 8-2.

6. Mario Gonzales (Illinois) No head-to-head.

7. Nathan Burak (Iowa) No head-to-head.

Looks like this weight class is going to be wide open.

Heflin is moving up from 174 and will be a bit of a wildcard. It will be interesting to see how the ranking services handle his placement.

I would guess Morgan could be ranked as high as #5 or #6 going into the season based on his past head-to-head results with the top guys.

Here are the guys returning that placed top 12 at NCAAs with results against McIntosh (listed by placement):

1. Taylor Meeks (Oregon State) MM defeated him 9-3 his freshman year.

2. Scott Schiller (Minnesota) MM lost to him 11-6 his freshman year.

3. Kyven Gadson (Iowa State) No head-to-head.

4. Blake Roshult (Oklahoma State) No head-to-head.

5. Christian Boley (Maryland) Lost freshman year 12-9; defeated redshirt year 8-2.

6. Mario Gonzales (Illinois) No head-to-head.

7. Nathan Burak (Iowa) No head-to-head.

Looks like this weight class is going to be wide open.

Heflin is moving up from 174 and will be a bit of a wildcard. It will be interesting to see how the ranking services handle his placement.

I would guess Morgan could be ranked as high as #5 or #6 going into the season based on his past head-to-head results with the top guys.

Wow I guess I didn't realize how much 197 clears out for next year. I wouldn't be surprised to see a few 184's move up to try and win a title and avoid the Ruth train.

MM will be right there with his talent level and spending now two years in that room. He lost to this year's NC by a score of 1-0, I believe at NLO and gave the runner-up all he could handle at JR team trials. Would put money on him to AA and would not be shocked if he wins it all.

Guest Hammerlock3

thats my first thought after his true freshmen season. I have seen plenty of less talented worse coached athletes compete harder.

but he has a lot of good people around him, and i might have been wrong.

There will be a few top 184 guys moving up to avoid Ruth-that is a given. Same with 165 to 174 to avoid Taylor including Howe.

I'm a huge David Taylor fan but I'm not sure it's fair to say Howe is bumping up to avoid him. You may very well be right but is it really a given that he's going up because of Taylor? Might the cut be difficult for him to maintain all year? I really don't know...that's why I'm asking if that's a possibility.

What nonsense.

Howe is going to 174 for the sake of bettering the team lineup with the highly touted Clark Glass coming off RS to man 165....and likely because he's not interested in the weight cut.

Howe has a rock solid history of avoiding no one.