Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hammerlock3

WHere is Quentin Wright?

Guest Hammerlock3

He's pinned the top guy on the ladder....is he making himself a 211 pounder? Not aspiring to the next level? Injured?

With the way he threw Gavin around at his first senior WTT in 2011 there is no doubt he would be the guy at 185. I don't think he wants to mess with Bergman and Varner. I could be wrong and he goes 211 but I doubt it. 6 3 is really tall though for 185. I just hope he is not retired.

he just gave birth to his newborn baby, congrats to QW take off the well deserved time

Not to quibble, but maybe it's his wife that gave birth? QW sure wasn't showing in March. 8-)

Q wright has yet to even place at the trials. He maybe won one match at last yrs oly trials and got teched by gavin. So it's hard to say he would be the guy at any weight class right now.

I really think Q. Wright is the future at 185 for the USA. The extra size he put on to go 197 will serve him well. Also noticed a change in his wrestling this year. He definitely tightened up his positioning/defense and was more selective about when he went for the big move. This was one of the main reasons he was able to achieve his first undefeated season. I expect Q. to make the World Team next year and medal.

fyi, he is somewhere between 6'2 and 6'3.