Sign in to follow this  
Tripster

Main opponents for USA wrestlers

Fortune has Akgul and Magomedov of Aze was 2011 World bronze and this year's Euro bronze. At Olympics he lost to Mahov.

Ruth has the Russian, Musa Murtazaliev Euro silver and Gostiev Murtazaliev has a win over Aldatov this year.

Green has University champion Kaya, Safaryan (European champion) and Kurbanaliev

Megaludis has Euro bronze Aliyev, Israpilov, Euro medalist Andreev and many other Asian dudes.

You left out the Iranians. I think the Iranians are going to become the best team in the world this year at the senior level. At 55, 66 we have Iranians second round and at 84 right off the bat. That said I don't count out our guys. I think Ruth will really shine at this event.

You left out the Iranians. I think the Iranians are going to become the best team in the world this year at the senior level. At 55, 66 we have Iranians second round and at 84 right off the bat. That said I don't count out our guys. I think Ruth will really shine at this event.

I don't think they will at the Senior level, they had some very surprising results at their trials so they won't be sending the best team. Iran may be gaining fast on Russia though, I can't say with confidence that's not the case. This looks like the toughest Universities field in recent memory. Usually there are very tough wrestlers from the top countries who are favored over who we send, but not necessarily the #1 or #2's.

Its very unfortunate to accuse me of happiness over USA poor result. I wish Ruth did 2 fireman's and won in 30 seconds but instead he gets teched. Its tough but I warned that we are our own enemy by sending only people under 24 and not under 28 like the rest of the World.

Its very unfortunate to accuse me of happiness over USA poor result. I wish Ruth did 2 fireman's and won in 30 seconds but instead he gets teched. Its tough but I warned that we are our own enemy by sending only people under 24 and not under 28 like the rest of the World.

When you say "we", to whom are you referring? You seem to revel in negativity towards US and it's wrestlers, right? Or is that just your act to gain attention?

Which is it, anti-American, or attention starved?

1st up…

Men's Freestyle 96 kg 1/8 Finals Contest 3

Micah Burak USA vs Rafael Toth (Hungary)

Men's Freestyle 60 kg 1/8 Finals Contest 5

Tyler Graff USA vs Valodya Frangulyan (Armenia)

Men's Freestyle 74 kg 1/16 Finals Contest 12

David Taylor USA vs Zurabi Erbotsonashvili (Geogia)

USA! USA!

Neither of the two. I love it if a US wrestler wins in a colorful bout with great moves. I dislike when people are happy that US wins due to favorite brackets or in a very boring way with one move or wearing out.

And when US gets killed in a fair match what is there to be happy about?

And when all you do is one move and one finish that gets boring as hell also. I always think a smart wrestler can do a variety of moves. A dumb brute does only one move.

What makes you think this opinion? Are you yourself an Olympic champ whose repertoire of moves is vast and varied, each of which works consistently against the best in the world? Unless you know what it takes, you don't have the grounds to call anyone a dumb brute.

We are different. I like to see a wrestler do a variety of moves and be unpredictable. You are satisfied with a takedown and a W.

I liked Schultz, Smith, and even Randy Lewis much more than today's American wrestlers. Those guys knew moves and throws.

Oh and Kolat was great too.