Sign in to follow this  
Tripster

You take Oliver, Jordan

He should have gone to University Games. He has a win over Kurbanaliev and would be nice to see what he does. Just poor planning in my opinion. These are not your regular University championships. These are games held in Russia. Quite a difference.

But that Kurbanaliev. What a stud! Almost teched European champion.

btw, from the interview of Kurbanaliev about the Beat The Streets match-ups and from other interviews I read, he was actually very sick when he went to the U.S. to wrestle:

"...The losses in the U.S.A. do not suggest anything, even though they made me sad. I wasn't planning to go to the U.S.A at all, but I was called in an emergency, so that I replace a wrestler who got sick.

At this moment, I was in bed with a ear infection, and high-fever, but Sajid Sajidov called me and I didn't want to say no to him,

In New York, I wrestled 74kg. When the 1st period ended, I thought I was leading 6:0, but when I looked at the score saw that I was down 8:2. In this situation, I had nothing left but to risk and of course, nothing good came out of that -- I lost by a pin.

In Los Angeles, I lost in the last seconds. There, I wrestled in my weight class 66kg, but was feeling even worse physically than when I flew to New York.

Source: http://www.wrestrus.ru/news/fsbrnews/Ve ... vat_na_dom

Kurby sounds like an excuse maker to me.

From a confidence standpoint, don't you almost have to make excuses for a bad performance? As a competitor, you can't stop believing in yourself. Once you do, you're done.

A guy who wrestled at the world level used to tell me about the Turks and Iranians, that if you were beating them bad enough on points, they would roll over a let themselves get pinned. Then they would tell everyone, "Hey, I got caught! Could happen to anyone."

Not an American mentality . . . but makes a certain sense.

And of course the fact that the guy maybe really was sick is not possible.

It's definitely possible, and maybe even likely, but Americans are consistently tough on perceived excuses including our own wrestlers. Case in point, the post below mine.

And of course the fact that the guy maybe really was sick is not possible.

Idc if you have the flu and throw up durring the match if you step on that mat and lose, then maybe you should have stayed home no excuses put up or shut up