Sign in to follow this  
nom

University worlds - results day 2

Dake just lost another fantasy match.

Or won depending how you look at it. It's apparently apparent that he's the hardest match JB ever had and it's only a matter of weeks before he beats JB, although, JB hasn't lost in 5 years and beaten much better, accomplished, wrestlers along the way than Dake.

Dake is the hardest match JB has ever had?? What?? Ummmm....pretty sure Howe gave him a much better match than Dake....and pretty sure some of the russians have given JB a much better match than Dake.

It seems like its true. Other than Tsargush the only guy I recognize that Taylor wrestled is the Greek who was 8th at Euros.

On the other side there were two 5th placers from the Euros. I do not know the Mongolian or the Iranian Taylor beat. Overall a weak weight class. I am just calling like I see them. Hatos and Bazan were not there at all.

Yeah I was wondering that Tripster since you appear to be all knowing on resumes of guys. What other weights at this tournament featured two former senior world medalists, one of which being a 2 time World Champ? It might not have had as much overall depth as other weights but the top two certainly make it one of the tougher weights.

kudos to taylor. did any other weight class have a 2X world champion, 3X world medalist and 3X euro champion? i think that makes it one of the toughest brackets at this tournament.

Yes but Taylor did not beat him.

It seems like its true. Other than Tsargush the only guy I recognize that Taylor wrestled is the Greek who was 8th at Euros.

On the other side there were two 5th placers from the Euros. I do not know the Mongolian or the Iranian Taylor beat. Overall a weak weight class. I am just calling like I see them. Hatos and Bazan were not there at all.

The Mongolian finished 3rd at Asians and he had by far the best opponent in the bracket. Two 5th placers at Euros alongside Hasanov does not trump that. Euros is an extremely tough tournament, but placing 5th is not in an of itself a major accomplishment, many middle of the road wrestlers have done so, just as many elite wrestlers have placed lower, depends on bracketing, etc. So you're just calling it like you see them, how about asking your two legendary Soviet neighbors how they see them? Perhaps rigged brackets giving the American an easier path to bronze?

Yeah I was wondering that Tripster since you appear to be all knowing on resumes of guys. What other weights at this tournament featured two former senior world medalists, one of which being a 2 time World Champ? It might not have had as much overall depth as other weights but the top two certainly make it one of the tougher weights.

what was the result of the finals? too bad they dont have regular consi wrestle backs for 3rd so taylor could get a crack at the other semi finalists.

either way i think this was a great tournament for a group of very young US wrestlers, all with at least 1 more year of folkstyle wrestling ahead of them. the US showed some good depth. glad some of the other countries sent their very best (eg russia) so some of the younger US guys further down the ladder could get some high level intl experience. 2016 is going to be interesting to say the least.

Why does anyone respond to this jackass? He's not even a good troll. Probabaly a 12 year old bed wetter.

i got him blocked but still end up reading most of his stuff in block quotes now.

i feel like someone, preferably with an undrainable reservoir of patience, should start a tripster's digest thread, where they just rephrase all the interesting stuff about international wrestling without the trolling and the miserable attitude and tin foil hat conspiracy theories.

Lets not forget Hasanov never did anything at 74kg.

True, I expected Tsargush to thump him. This doesn't much help your Tsargush-Taylor side being much weaker argument though Tripster... Remember, if you're going to be a troll then at least attempt the slightest semblance of consistency. This is Trolling 101 and you haven't developed it yet!

Seriously though, I don't consider Hasanov a major threat at 74kg. Asgarov on the other hand will be very interesting to watch against Yonemitsu, Taghavi, etc

Tsargush just destroyed Hasanov 7-0 in about 3:30. It didn't appear to be physicality either despite Hasanov bumping up to 74kg, Tsargush is just better.

so tsargush demolished the weight class. sounds about right for a guy with his credentials. would have been nice to see how things would have gone without him there. but still a great opportunity for taylor.

With all due respect:

Taylor earned his spot in the bronze-medal match with a pin over the Iranian Reza Afzalipaemami

03 October 2012 World University Wrestling Championships

"Reza Afzalipaemami (IRI) …in the under 74 kg category finished off with a gold medal on his neck after having dominated the whole tournament" http://www.fisu.net/en/10th-WUC-Wrestli ... ?mbID=4859