Sign in to follow this  
nom

University worlds - results day 2

Tripster, since you seem to love Tsargush so much and since Khubezhty lost to Goudarzi at the World Cup a couple months ago, Do you think it should be Khubezhty or Tsargush representing Russia at the worlds in September?

Great showing for Taylor I don't care what all the "haters" say. He's still in college and is not training freestyle full time yet. It was a good experience, and he got to get his hands on a world champ caliber wrestler outside of the U.S. That was a good experience and now he has a little bit better idea as to what he has to do to get there. Two observations....he's got to get stronger and finish faster. He's getting in deep, but is nowhere near finishing on someone like Tsargush. In any case, congrats to Taylor for bringing home a bronze for the U.S.

Great showing for Taylor I don't care what all the "haters" say. He's still in college and is not training freestyle full time yet. It was a good experience, and he got to get his hands on a world champ caliber wrestler outside of the U.S. That was a good experience and now he has a little bit better idea as to what he has to do to get there. Two observations....he's got to get stronger and finish faster. He's getting in deep, but is nowhere near finishing on someone like Tsargush. In any case, congrats to Taylor for bringing home a bronze for the U.S.
I agree that he has to learn to finish much faster. He couldn't do it against Dake and he couldn't do it against Tsargush. Finishing fast is what makes JB so dangerous. He doesn't waste time waiting for someone to get better position on him and turn the tables on his takedowns or set up for crotch lifts etc...

DT's length doesn't seem to give him any advantage via leverage, even going as far as getting stuck underneath very strong, shorter wrestlers. I think, and have for a couple of years, that he should go up in weight. I think DT has more upside in freestyle than Ruth does. It's like Ruth has a mental block on the flow of the style and never will acclimate.

I agree scribe. I think moving up a weight would allow him to strength train and put on some muscle. I know people will say he won't be able to put on enough muscle to compete with all the brutes at 84kg, but if he wants to be able to beat top level competition outside of the U.S. one day I think he has to put on some strength, and I just don't see how he can do that at 74kg. Taylor can person can completely reshape his body and gain enough strength and muscle, with 10kg and a decent weight cut, to compete at 84kg. It won't happen over night, nor will immediate success, but in the long run I think this is his best option.

Technically, Taylor is a beast. I think it is his head that is the problem. He gets psyched out in all of these huge matches he wrestles. If he has a Dake mentality, he would have probably beaten Tsargush (and Dake) at least once). JMHFO.