Sign in to follow this  
Karelin

Albiev defeated 0:8 in 30 seconds

Today at the Universiade young Azerbaiani wrestler Rasul Chunaev defeated an Olympic and World champion Islambeka Albiev in under 30 seconds and won the gold medal. :shock: Chunaev is currently #3 in Azerbaijan behind World Champion Hasan Aliyev and World and Olympic medalist Vitaly Rahimov.

talking about dance, the variations of this dance exist throughout the entire Caucasus and are heavily based on a rapid leg movement (similar to Irish dances but without stationary upper bodies). And from what I know, a lot of wrestling coaches in Azerbaijan actually recommend their students to enroll in dance classes to learn proper movement techniques, balance, and pick up a little bit of grace if possible. At least when I was a kid going to Sambo classes my coach strongly advised me to sign up for "Folk dances" class too. I never did though... I thought it was a girly thing to do... :oops:

Dang that was impressive! The Russian Olympic and world champ did not even know hit him after that head and arm throw. I think maybe the 7 point tech may just make Greco exciting again, like it was back in the 80's and 90's! I still think its a little too low for freestyle, but for Greco....maybe we will finally see some much needed, exciting throws at the elite level once again.

The dance seems a little disrespectful to me. It is worse than the backflip from Caldwell that got so many panties in bunches.

But the dance at least occurred when the match was officially over.

The setup for the headlock was gorgeous notice how he pops the elbow of the opposite side the headlock is thrown. The instant the Russia guy pushes his elbow down fearing an underhook on that side, boom the head lock comes from the other side.

Beautiful

The dance seems a little disrespectful to me. It is worse than the backflip from Caldwell that got so many panties in bunches.

I respectfully disagree. Everything that guy exhibited was out of pure joy, without any chest bumping, fist pumping, or in your face type of gestures.

That's why is was so hilarious, and fun to watch.