Sign in to follow this  
PA-Fan

Haines to...

That would be very interesting. Excuse my ignorance but I don't think they've had a really solid heavy/one who AA'd since they burst into the scene in recent years. Obviously not pegging him to do anything yet but that's about as good a room as you could hope to be in with his athletic potential

Huge. Cornell is building another very formidable team with some very high powered young guns joining the room this year. Haines would be a tremendous add and may just be what the team needs to achieve their goal of a team national championship. Hard to predict this early of course but this add would make me smile.

All other things being equal, that's the choice I'd make as well. He's looking to be an engineering major. Cornell is a better engineering school than Maryland or Ohio State, and Lock Haven does not offer the major. (Of course, Maryland also offers daily workouts with an Olympian HWT.)

Don't know if they've called or not: Pitt and Northwestern also need a 285. Pitt would be interesting as a rising program with in-state tuition -- but its engr school is below Maryland and Ohio State. Northwestern is academically superior (top-5 national engr school), but a middle-of-the-pack program that's far from home.

Way premature..... he's on atleast one visit this week with another one possibly to follow. Not saying he doesn't end up in Ithaca when all is said and done but I think other schools still have a fighter's chance.

Way premature..... he's on atleast one visit this week with another one possibly to follow. Not saying he doesn't end up in Ithaca when all is said and done but I think other schools still have a fighter's chance.

I made it clear that the post was still very unofficial...and obviously he has a wide range of choices. But what I am hearing, from some "in the know" people, is that Cornell is the extremely likely front runner at this point.

From an outside perspective...honestly it makes perfect sense given the recent PSU debacle.

I made it clear that the post was still very unofficial...and obviously he has a wide range of choices. But what I am hearing, from some "in the know" people, is that Cornell is the extremely likely front runner at this point.

From an outside perspective...honestly it makes perfect sense given the recent PSU debacle.

I haven't heard anything definate, but this seems like a great fit for both sides. Add to that the possibility of Cornell being a serious title contender in a few years - could be a win-win!

I haven't heard anything definate, but this seems like a great fit for both sides. Add to that the possibility of Cornell being a serious title contender in a few years - could be a win-win!

How long do you anticipate it taking?

All other things being equal, that's the choice I'd make as well. He's looking to be an engineering major. Cornell is a better engineering school than Maryland or Ohio State, and Lock Haven does not offer the major. (Of course, Maryland also offers daily workouts with an Olympian HWT.)

Don't know if they've called or not: Pitt and Northwestern also need a 285. Pitt would be interesting as a rising program with in-state tuition -- but its engr school is below Maryland and Ohio State. Northwestern is academically superior (top-5 national engr school), but a middle-of-the-pack program that's far from home.

Don't know a thing about the kid. Is this his visit list? Cornell and Lock Haven on the same list is a little bizarre.

Don't know a thing about the kid. Is this his visit list? Cornell and Lock Haven on the same list is a little bizarre.

Why?

Cornell huh? This whole thing stinks if you ask me.

First he's going to any State U., then he's interested in Loch Haven, and now we're supposed to believe he's locked into an Ivy League (albeit the least selective - by far) school.

So that's how it works at Cornell?

I suppose first he'll be warehoused at Finger Lakes.

Got to hand it to Koll though, he's got it figured out.

First he's going to any State U., then he's interested in Loch Haven, and now we're supposed to believe he's locked into an Ivy League (albeit the least selective - by far) school.

How is this Koll's fault in any way? What did he do wrong? I have no dog in the fight, but this is neither the kid's, nor the Cornell staff's, fault in any way.

Im not sure what you are getting at with this post? What stinks about it exactly? Why is it strange to hear a top recruit is interested in multiple schools? What is "how it works" at Cornell? So what if he "greyshirts" and does a year working out in the fingerlakes club?

I just don't get this post at all.

Incongruous.

-His outburst seemed incongruous to those who know him well.

-Applying to Loch Haven, State U and Cornell is incongruous.

Yea I get it....

I don't get why you say that.

How is Koll gaming the system in this instance? A top recruit became available, I'm sure they'd had previous contact, and he apparently let Koll know he's interested in Cornell. How is this a big deal?