Sign in to follow this  
mcm2

Bloom. HC deadline 7/15

My understanding is that Bloom has narrowed the search down to 3 candidates and will make a decision shortly. For my money Josh Moore is an outstanding candidate who has done a super job with Andrassy @ Kent St.. Also heard that Rocky Bonomo has made the final cut..... great guy....not sure if it's a great fit. Third candidate would be a shock....wrestled briefly for Bloom and spent some assistant time @ Buff & Bing. and may have the backing of former HC Stutzman.

Keep in mind, I'm just throwing out a few rumors to keep our board alive!!!

Once Beasley lost all that weight, he figured it was better to switch jobs than get new gear. Hopefully he has invested in United Van Lines. He knew it was time to apply for a new job when he finally unpacked

i can't think of a group of candidates that could be anymore different. it will be interesting to see who they go with, if this group is correct. bonomo was their guy before wirnsberger and LHU matched offers. different admin is at bloom now so.....

If these names are accurate, they are quite disappointing IMO . I'm not saying they can't do a good job but with the exception of bonomo, they need a lot more experience before they are handed a head coaching job. I can't believe that you can do a nationwide search and come up with these names. Bonomo is very likeable and certainly was an exceptional talent but he really wasn't able to move the Lock Haven program forward in all the years he was there. Beasley is the least impressive of the 3 based on the success of the programs he has been coaching plus his limited experience. Moore would probably be the best choice given these 3 because the programs he has been associated with have improved while he was there and they at least have developed some AA.

I think that these final 3 indicate to me that Bloom is not that committed to moving forward with their program and without knowing for sure, I would bet the compensation is probably not that good compared with other programs. I think assistant coaches in other programs would probably be taking a cut in pay to go to Bloomsburg and that's why we have these finalists. Stutzman had good tough teams but I think the teams lack of a strong technique coach showed as the competition got better. That contributed to the relatively weak showings at the NCAA 's in the last 5 years or so.

Once Beasley lost all that weight, he figured it was better to switch jobs than get new gear. Hopefully he has invested in United Van Lines. He knew it was time to apply for a new job when he finally unpacked

Reading between the lines, I'm not hearing that you were overly impressed either.

Following the downfall of the Lock Haven program with Bonomo at the helm, he should automatically be dismissed as a serious candidate. So to me, it is between Moore and Beasley. Looking at their coaching history, this is what your should get;

Moore has spent his whole career at Kent (2004). They are a solid team in and out. They have done better with him at KSU them without, but not remarkable change. Since being there he has coach 4 A.A. (Kilgore, Bedelyon, Porter & Mitcheff) He has had one top 10 recruiting class (2007)

Beasley has coached at Bloomsburg (grad asst) , Buffalo, Binghamton & NC State. At Bloomsburg A.A. (Spaid & Moley) He helped to lay the ground work. Buffalo became relevant while he was there no national qualifier in 2008. After he got there (4 conference champs and 6 N.Q. one of their best years in school history. Binghamton placed 14th with 2 A.A. in 2012 when he was there. He has had 2 top 10 recruiting classes (2011 & 2013)

So it should be between Moore and Beasley and both have proven they are ready to be head coaches. Moore 2 more years experience Beasley's team has had a higher NCAA finish. both coached the same number of A.A. Beasley has had more ranked recruiting classes. Beasley is a Bloom grad so it should help with fundraising.

The other thing is that both Buffalo and Binghamton have regressed since Beasley has left and for his move from Bing to NC State Popolizio values his abilities and work ethic.

Frank Beasley moved from program to program, so what. He is constantly showing that he can improve his current team. Frank is extremely hard working and very motivated to be the best. Don't dig on Beasley for trying to move up in the wrestling ranks. The guy can coach and he can def recruit! I wish the best for Frank, any program would be lucky to have a guy like him! Personally, I think Frank would do a great job at any program,

Frank Beasley moved from program to program, so what. He is constantly showing that he can improve his current team. Frank is extremely hard working and very motivated to be the best. Don't dig on Beasley for trying to move up in the wrestling ranks. The guy can coach and he can def recruit! I wish the best for Frank, any program would be lucky to have a guy like him! Personally, I think Frank would do a great job at any program,

+1

Bloomsburg, is a small DI school that lacks funds, you will not see a huge name go there. If given the chance either Beasley or Moore could be just as successful as Stutzman if not more.

I would like to see what Beasley can do at the same school for a couple of years. See if his recruiting classes can take shape under his leadership.

Beasley should be the answer here. Putting him 3rd on anyone's list shows a lack of knowledge of what it will take to be successful at Bloom. He will recruit talent, the alumni base will love him, and he will be beyond organized administratively. Plus he KNOWS the specifics of the institution.

There is a lack of understanding of the requisite skills to be a head coach in college wrestling. Too many people emphasize the wrong things. It's probably the Gable effect. He was one of our greatest wrestlers, and our greatest coach. And he definitely benefited from his success on the mat on the recruiting front, as does Cael. Still, there are many champion wrestlers who's skills didn't translate to the necessary skills of a head DI coach.

Beasley's got what it takes. If he doesn't get the job the institution will be doing itself a disservice.

Sounds like Josh Moore is the logical choice here. I was hoping a guy like Matt Kocher would have apply for this position. IMO he's one of the better assistants in college wrestling today (i'm bias though).

Whoever becomes the coach will have a tough time replicating Stutz's success.

sort of surprised John Hughes (one of the finalists for the LHU job) isn't being mentioned here. Seems like an obvious fit considering his local roots and his brother Russ coaching @ their nearby alma mater, Benton HS. Maybe he didn't apply...possibly a $$ issue?