Sign in to follow this  
headshuck

Dake losses. How many and how?

How many losses did Dake have? Of those losses, how did the victor prepare? Did the victor use previous losses to improve?

Four...

12/5/09, Cliff Keen Las Vegas semifinal, Primm, NV: lost 4-2 in Sudden Victory to Reece Humphrey (Ohio State)

12/5/09, Cliff Keen Las Vegas third-place match, Primm, NV: lost 2-1 in Sudden Victory to Zack Bailey (Oklahoma)

1/28/11, dual meet, Ithaca, NY: lost 5-3 to Donnie Vinson (Binghamton)

3/6/11, EIWA final, Lewisburg, PA: lost 4-2 in Sudden Victory-2 to Kevin LeValley (Bucknell)

In all cases, those matches were the first meetings between the two wrestlers.

ive always been curious if he had a direct loss to humphrey how come reece was the 4 seed and dake the 1 seed at the tourney

Because the seeding is based on the entire season, not just one match. Duh. For instance, Reece losing to Thorn in the BIG finals might have something to do with it. Once again, Duh.

ive always been curious if he had a direct loss to humphrey how come reece was the 4 seed and dake the 1 seed at the tourney

Because the seeding is based on the entire season, not just one match. Duh. For instance, Reece losing to Thorn in the BIG finals might have something to do with it. Once again, Duh.

Also, because Humphrey had losses to Chris Drouin (Arizona State, 3-1) and the same Kyle Dake guy (8-4) at National Duals that year.

Hey - at least Taylor's losses have (only) been to NCAA Champs!

:D

I like that twist in stats =D

Was Dake able to avenge every loss or did some escape having to face him again?

Hey - at least Taylor's losses have (only) been to NCAA Champs!

:D

I like that twist in stats =D

Was Dake able to avenge every loss or did some escape having to face him again?

He didn't wrestle Vinson or Levalley again after they beat him.

I was curious to see if Dake had a chance to avenge his losses OR if his opponents had avenged a previous loss. No luck.

One thing we know is Taylor was fortunate to have opportunities to avenge his losses against Dake and Jenkins. Did he wrestle Sanderson more than once?

I was curious to see if Dake had a chance to avenge his losses OR if his opponents had avenged a previous loss. No luck.

One thing we know is Taylor was fortunate to have opportunities to avenge his losses against Dake and Jenkins. Did he wrestle Sanderson more than once?

Can't find where he wrestled Bubba again...help please!

Can't find where he wrestled Bubba again...help please!

Yeah, pretty sure that Bubba's last match of his career was when he decked Taylor.

Taylor lost to Sanderson 11-4 his redshirt year in the intra-squad dual. Sanderson then beat Taylor 9-7 in the finals of the Nittany Lion Open that year.

Jenkins beat Taylor 4-3 in the finals of the ESU open during Taylor's redshirt year and then of course won by fall over Taylor in the finals of ncaa's the next year.

Taylor finished 21-2 his redshirt year with his only official losses being 1pt to Jenkins and 2pts to Sanderson.

He then took 3 losses to Dake last year but only 2 count on his official record.

Dake and Bailey wrestled twice in Vegas that year. Dake won the first match and Bailey won the third place match i do believe

Dake and Bailey wrestled twice in Vegas that year. Dake won the first match and Bailey won the third place match i do believe

Yes...I stand corrected regarding Bailey. He had beaten Bailey 3-2 the day before in the CKLV quarterfinal.