Sign in to follow this  
The_Historian

Wrestlingstats.com

Because of my continuing and mounting health problems, I will not be able to provide any future updates to wrestlingstats.com.

I am looking for someone to provide backup, but it requires certain skills and my own specialized knowledge of the databases. I do not have the energy to devote to a search.

Because of my continuing and mounting health problems, I will not be able to provide any future updates to wrestlingstats.com.

I am looking for someone to provide backup, but it requires certain skills and my own specialized knowledge of the databases. I do not have the energy to devote to a search.

I'm interested. I have sent you the PM.

I'm sorry to hear that. You've been a great asset to the sport, and can say without equivocation that I try to be to present-day wrestling statistics what you've been to past statistical research. Your contributions will be greatly missed!

Sorry to read your post about your latest health challenges, Jay. We will continue to keep you in our prayers.

Please know that your work RE WrestlingStats.com has been invaluable to me in so many ways. It's a wonderful resource to see, for example, who wrestled at 177 at the '57 NCAAs... or to see a wrestler's entire record for the schools you've compiled, such as Oklahoma State. Bless you for all the time and effort you've put into this online resource. I hope someone is able to continue the wonderful product you've established and nurtured.

Mark

Maybe Jason Bryant and AWN can buy out your site....would probably be a good synergy! :-)

I'd like to add my voice. I appreciate all the work you've put into wrestlingstats, it's been one of my bookmarked favorites for years now. Also, I hope we can still see your contributions on this site as well historian. Best wishes, hope you lick the health problems afflicting you.

I too want to say thanks for all your great contributions to the sport. I've often looked up info on your website (it's in a handy position on my bookmark bar) and have your book. Best to you.

Jay, sorry to hear you won"t be able to keep up the wrestling stats. I've enjoyed talking with you through the years. The History of Collegiate Wrestling that Bob Dellinger started and you so expertly finished is a must read for any college wrestling fan. I bought a whole box and gave to friends who were college wrestlers and kids I've coached that I remained close to. Take care of yourself, and best wishes.

There was no Dellinger text, I baked that cake from scratch.

Once I get out of the hospital (today I hope) serious work can start on the second edition. It will update thru 2013 and be available only for the Kindle, iBooks, etc.

I echo what the other folks are saying. Stay Well my friend.

The other aspect of your book is, the guys and Gals from the greatest generation can look back to those days in college, and Post-War college wrestling. My Dad and Mom are from that group, and he just loves to read back, about his buddies from Iowa Teachers .... Koll, and crew. He has gotten a lot of enjoyment from those chapters. Both Mom and Dad turned 90 this year.

Side note: Dad said Koll would sneak up on the guys in the showers, and start Barking out some German ! Most freaked out ... They were still a bit sensitive to that ... :o

Jay,

You are,simply put,a major cog in the wheel of our sport. A gem indeed. I spend hours mulling over those countless memories, that you have put in chronological order. Because of you, we have a place to go (instantly) in order to confirm almost any stat, that pertains to collegiate wrestling.

You, in my opinion, are the historian of my sport. I admire your work. You have given us Wrestlingstats.com.

The benchmark for all of those who follow in your footsteps.

Thank You Jay,

From the McCabe family

Jay, I am even more impressed to know you started from scratch on the History of Collegiate Wrestling. I gave a copy to a kid I coached in junior high. He attended the NCAAs at OKC when he was an 8th grader. His parents went to the Hall of Fame luncheon and I had him bring his book with him. He must have gotten over 50 autographs of greats at the luncheon. Many spent several minutes talking to him, and taking him to friends of theirs who were there. I told him he'd have a collector's edition. I always look forward to you updates. Please make it to OKC if at all possible, I'll treat you to dinner. I'll also buy the book on Port Robertson that is to be ready for sale then. A retired professor who lives in Norman has been working on it for 3 years. He told me that it was into it's 3rd and hopefully final draft.

I posted my feelings, as well as my thanks, for the incredible work that Jay has done for our sport.

That post has been deleted. Not by me....I am certain of that. My post remained for overnight.

Now it is gone. This irritates me. Any thoughts/explanations for this issue ?

I thank you in advance for any input.

Thanks,

Denny

Denny,

Looks like the "ghost in the machine" still exists, only now, it zaps the 20th post and not the 25th. I can still see your post if I click "search users posts" after clicking on your profile.

It wasn't deleted, but there' still some bug in this board that zaps posts. I could never isolate the cause while I was there.