Sign in to follow this  
fallguy

Iowa Schedule 2013-2014

2 trips to pa but no dual with penn state

so who wont schedule this

Biggest letdown of the 2013-2014 season in my opinion. The Penn State vs. Iowa dual has been unreal the last 2 years. It's a shame it won't happen.

I would also love some inside scoop on why this isn't going to happen. This was my "superbowl" :?

The Big Ten schedule rotation skipped having the two of them wrestle this year, and Tom and Cael couldn't agree on using a date to wrestling that dual as a nonconference dual. No idea who balked.

No Ohio State is another big one...would have liked to have seen them wrestle. Iowa won't see either Ohio State or Penn State anywhere (except perhaps the All-Star Classic?) until Big Ten's in Madison.

The other issue is RPI. With only 13 duals against Division I opponents, one wonders how many D-1 opponents Iowa will see at either the Mystery Open or Midlands (Midlands because you never know when you're going to see a lower-division wrestler or a graduate wrestler). Any midseason injuries is going to kill them when it comes to earning the Big Ten some of those berths.

I would also love some inside scoop on why this isn't going to happen. This was my "superbowl" :?

The Big Ten schedule rotation skipped having the two of them wrestle this year, and Tom and Cael couldn't agree on using a date to wrestling that dual as a nonconference dual. No idea who balked.

No Ohio State is another big one...would have liked to have seen them wrestle. Iowa won't see either Ohio State or Penn State anywhere (except perhaps the All-Star Classic?) until Big Ten's in Madison.

The other issue is RPI. With only 13 duals against Division I opponents, one wonders how many D-1 opponents Iowa will see at either the Mystery Open or Midlands (Midlands because you never know when you're going to see a lower-division wrestler or a graduate wrestler). Any midseason injuries is going to kill them when it comes to earning the Big Ten some of those berths.

They should go to the Cliff Keen....would make it an even better tournament.

They should go to the Cliff Keen....would make it an even better tournament.

They're wrestling Edinboro the Thursday night before CKLV. Kind of difficult to get flights out of Erie after a Thursday night dual to get to Vegas in time for 6:45 AM skin checks and 7 AM weigh-ins Friday morning.

Via twitter... Iowa had a home and home contract with Lehigh and Edinboro and I would assume also with Buffalo since they traveled out there last year and Buffalo is at home this year.

That knocks you down to 13 dates...

Then add in Okie State, Iowa State and Midlands.. now you are down to 10.

Now the big ten sets the schedule for all big ten contests ... now you are down to just two dates left..

you have one open and they have been doing the Iowa duals now for a few years as a warm up to the season and when do you schedule someone else?

If anyone is to blame you blame the big ten. I don't think either of the schools backed down or couldn't come to an agreement on a date.... when would you squeeze them in?