Sign in to follow this  
Husker_Du

Top Message Board Wars

Mark Perry choking and cheating Chris Brown from ODU when Perry got DQ'd after being down something like 12-1. Some of the comments were pretty funny.

http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage/23 ... -1-24Nov07

The other biggy was the Zeerip vs Heflin OT call by the official that will go down as the worst in history. Posted on Youtube by yours truly:

Jason Bryant vs any fan who wants quality coverage of the sport.

There's that ... or the ever more popular "got banned for personal attacks and created a new handle and think no one can figure it out" type of post.

And there's always the popular "I really don't know much, if anything, about operations or media coverage, but I'll always comment 'this is a joke' when something isn't ESPN quality"

Let's keep this back to the OP and not continue to make thinly-veiled, fruitless personal attacks again.

LiMarty vs anyone who doesn't see things his way....which would be everyone, minus his alternate screen names.

-----

Speaking of Limarty... I think the Welch v Chaires debate was bigger than the Welch v Winston one.

Rossel vs anything or anyone remotely negative about the Hawkeyes.

-----

LOL! If I responded to "anything or anyone remotely negative" about the Hawkeye, I wouldn't have time for anything else. No, I just try to respond to the more unfair or hypocritical posts. Refresh my memory.... did you have a couple?

Back in the late 90's early 2000 ... There was a guy fro New York that posted quite a lot. NOT LI MARTY ... I can't recall his "handle" .... He had Titanic arguments about Iowa. He left in a huff ... and I've never heard or seen/read him since.

I got into a heated debate over the fact that the "online Cornell enrollment guide" stated in the frequently asked questions section the following," Do I have to take the SATs to enroll at Cornell. ANSWER, "NO".

Part of the debate was started because many of the Cornell athletes are enrolled into the " NY state agriculture program" which is a part of Cornell and may have slightly lesser enrollment requirements....further debate continued about Ivy League teams do NOT redshirt, however they sometimes enroll at Tompkins community College for a year before going to Cornell...

Scribe (one of my favorite posters) went on to say that there are several types of SAT exams in defense of Cornell...I posted the link which plainly stated that the SATS were not required, (the link did not give any mention that there were any different types of SATs)... A few days after the debate had cooled down, I returned to the link I had posted only to find the remark about SATs not being required was now replaced with the statement,"this page has been removed by Cornell..."

I never debated with Scribe again thinking that if he had the clout to have the page removed from the Cornell website...he could probably also just as easily have me "wacked" , or worse, sent to community college (again)...Frank Rizzo and several others were also players in this debate

Another JTTS Classic:

Iowa City, Iowa (AP)- A local cashier is in critical, but stable condition after a vicious assault at the Iowa City McDonalds. The cashier, Rose Wells, suffered a broken shin as a result of a dispute that arose over a customer's order.

"A bunch of kids came in," said Mrs. Wells, "they seemed nice enough. The first few just ordered waters and salads with no dressing." Trouble began when the largest and oldest member of the gang, who patrons described as looking like "Barney Rubble, but fatter" tried to place his order.

Joe Wells, the victim's husband, who along with being the town postmaster and dentist also manages the McDonalds, witnessed the event. "The guy asked for nine Big-N-Tasty's. Rose thought it was a joke at first. I mean, NINE? But he appeared dead serious, Mr. Wells began. "The rule is you can only order three items off of the Mickey D's Value Menu. But when my cousin, excuse me, I mean my wife told him this, he got all upset."

"He said something about them not having that rule at the Hackensack McDonalds. When my cousin told him that the rules weren't flexible, he really lost it."

According to witnesses, the belligerent patron began to kick Mrs. Wells in the leg. Iowa City Deputy Mayor, Tom Leary, was working at the McDonalds as a janitor. "The tubby guy went nuts! Leary said, "He kept kicking at her foot and shin. Rose was shocked, she wuz just standin' there. All this over a bunch of Big-N-Tasty's!"

When Mrs. Wells didn't fall from the attack, the attacker's friends began yelling at her. There were taunts that Mrs. Wells was "fleeing the mat" and "running around." One member of the gang was overheard commenting that "McDonalds teaches their employees to stall. They think it's their only chance. You can tell the cashiers wanted the coin flip."

The youths fled the restaurant before police arrived. Authorities are on the look-out for a man in his mid-30's. He was described as being "well past college age." The suspect stands approximately 5 foot 10 and was estimated at weighing 300 pounds. He is considered armed and hungry.

I don't remember that one at all. But I do like the idea that I could have that much influence!

If it helps to clear it up any. I think most of my emails to Koll go immediately to his spam folder or trash bin!

I was incorrect....Scribe was a major player in the 5 page thread, however "lightweight" and "hurricane wrestling' were the fans that went into the SAT debate. (you can review all your post by logging in and clicking unto the "view your post" field to search though all your or anyones posts).

I've walked into too many headlocks and hit my head off-the-mat too many times in 59 years...not to mention I messed up in more matches than e-harmony.com...Back to community college for me :oops:

Another JTTS Classic:

Iowa City, Iowa (AP)- A local cashier is in critical, but stable condition after a vicious assault at the Iowa City McDonalds. The cashier, Rose Wells, suffered a broken shin as a result of a dispute that arose over a customer's order.

"A bunch of kids came in," said Mrs. Wells, "they seemed nice enough. The first few just ordered waters and salads with no dressing." Trouble began when the largest and oldest member of the gang, who patrons described as looking like "Barney Rubble, but fatter" tried to place his order.

Joe Wells, the victim's husband, who along with being the town postmaster and dentist also manages the McDonalds, witnessed the event. "The guy asked for nine Big-N-Tasty's. Rose thought it was a joke at first. I mean, NINE? But he appeared dead serious, Mr. Wells began. "The rule is you can only order three items off of the Mickey D's Value Menu. But when my cousin, excuse me, I mean my wife told him this, he got all upset."

"He said something about them not having that rule at the Hackensack McDonalds. When my cousin told him that the rules weren't flexible, he really lost it."

According to witnesses, the belligerent patron began to kick Mrs. Wells in the leg. Iowa City Deputy Mayor, Tom Leary, was working at the McDonalds as a janitor. "The tubby guy went nuts! Leary said, "He kept kicking at her foot and shin. Rose was shocked, she wuz just standin' there. All this over a bunch of Big-N-Tasty's!"

When Mrs. Wells didn't fall from the attack, the attacker's friends began yelling at her. There were taunts that Mrs. Wells was "fleeing the mat" and "running around." One member of the gang was overheard commenting that "McDonalds teaches their employees to stall. They think it's their only chance. You can tell the cashiers wanted the coin flip."

The youths fled the restaurant before police arrived. Authorities are on the look-out for a man in his mid-30's. He was described as being "well past college age." The suspect stands approximately 5 foot 10 and was estimated at weighing 300 pounds. He is considered armed and hungry.

This was the one !! JTTS and I tangled a few times, yet this was one of the classics !!!

High school

2010, the question of whether Apple Valley or St. Paris Graham should get the season-ending number one team ranking (and the mythical national title), spurred pages upon pages of discussion. Then they were named co-number ones by AWN! A teensy tiny before-and-after bruhaha.

When Lakewood St. Edward and Graham dropped out of the Beast of the East, and Eds attempted to replace it on their schedule with the short-lived "super 8", the vitriol got to the point where one could almost have considered it "actionable". Nasty accusations (such as lining pockets, etc.) were tossed about freely. Not an everyday occurance.

Reaching a head in 2004, the vociferous resentment expressed toward Ohio "winning" the team score at Senior Nationals during the first three years they were held in Cleveland, ruled the high school forum. The idea that it may have been due to Ohio have some great senior classes was summarily dismissed. PA fans were the stars of that particular show, though LIMarty and JTTS weighed in on behalf of NY.

Ironman seeding became a huge issue one year led by a preview done by Intermat's lead writer where he used adjectives in describing the seeding that would have been great if used to describe actual mat action.

The last major dustup was probably Dean Heil pinning Gulibon in an Ironman final.

Most everything since, in the high school section, has centered on Marsteller.