Sign in to follow this  
tec87

Junior World Championships

I know there are examples of high schoolers beating AA-level college wrestlers. But they are few and far between. Who was the last one?

In 2012 Jason Tsirtsis beat Darrion Caldwell in freestyle, but Caldwell was never the same after hurting his shoulder in 2009. I can't really remember other recent examples.

It is very rare for high schoolers to beat AA-level college guys. The gap between elite high school wrestlers and elite college wrestlers is huge. I think the trend has been for that gap to get wider through the years.

Kyle Dake wins National Title as a true freshman. That's a real huge gap and leap from elite high school wrestler to elite college wrestler. Great argument. And, for the record, Marstellar is a much better high school wrestler than Dake was.

Not sure why you guys are getting all bent out of shape. Marstellar will be the next 4 time NCAA Champion on 4 straight PSU National Title Teams and the echoes of "Kyle who?" will be heard everywhere. The only difference is Marstellar will actually score points and turn opponents instead of clinging/crab riding/ stalling that Dake perfected in College :D

Not sure why you guys are getting all bent out of shape. Marstellar will be the next 4 time NCAA Champion on 4 straight PSU National Title Teams and the echoes of "Kyle who?" will be heard everywhere. The only difference is Marstellar will actually score points and turn opponents instead of clinging/crab riding/ stalling that Dake perfected in College :D

WoW, another Kool-Aid Drinker. I Wish Chance all the Luck in the World But when U say "Kyle Who" Ur a IDIOT :ugeek: Aren't U the same Idiot that was saying the same thing about a Couple other Guys that went to PSU

Wouldn't the better comparison be how he did in junior freestyle last summer?

I think everybody agrees Marsteller is a top-3 pound-for-pound high school wrestler based on how he performed in high school. There is no need to talk about what he did in 8th grade.

Wasn't Chance injured when he wrestled free last summer?

Wouldn't the better comparison be how he did in junior freestyle last summer?

I think everybody agrees Marsteller is a top-3 pound-for-pound high school wrestler based on how he performed in high school. There is no need to talk about what he did in 8th grade.

Wasn't Chance injured when he wrestled free last summer?

He got injured at Cadet Worlds last summer.