Sign in to follow this  
2td3nf

Loved Synder's heart!

Wow, Congratulations Kyle!

(Man, I was all contorted on the edge of my seat trying to wiggle out of that pin situation.) Great heart Kyle by not giving up there! Then you come right back and wear the Armenian down. Supposedly that guy was one of the favorites.

On a side note, great tournament also for Alex Dieringer. That Russian he faced in the finals (Zaseev) was an excellent technician.

Snyder is great, but we'll have to see what Bergman, Michalak, and some others may have to say about it. Also I think the big question is Varner. Does he still has the fire in his belly to make another go at it. Hopefully he has because I believe he has beaten most everyone in his weight class on the World Senior Level. I also feel it's unfortunate that he isn't going for us this year because I am positive he would win a medal. I wish Bergman all the luck in the world, and hopefully he can have a great tournament. But it seems like there are some guys that can dominate on the world stage and others who can't. Snyder has shown he can do it on the Junior level, and many times that equates to success on the Senior level. As a fan I can't wait!

It's down to him and Pico for best p4p (in high school).

You forgot one guy. According to Flo ...

1 Sr. Chance Marsteller Kenn Dale PA 1 170

2 Sr. Kyle Snyder G. Counsel MD 2 220

3 So. Aaron Pico SJ Bosco CA 4 138

4 Sr. Bryce Brill Mt. Carmel IL 3 145

5 Sr. Nick Nevills Clovis CA 5 HWT

6 Sr. Bo Nickal Allen TX 9 170

7 Sr. Solomon Chishko Canon-Mac PA 6 145

8 Sr. Thomas Haines Solanco PA 7 220

9 Sr. Jered Cortez Glenbard N. IL 8 126

10 So. Mark Hall Apple Valley MN 10 160

11 Sr. Jason Nolf Kittaning PA 11 138

Is there video of this match floating around anywhere?

There is video out there. I saw it. After the first exchange, Snyder basically dominated this guy. Totally dominated. The truth is, I have no problem with anyone thinking Snyder is the best p4p. The kid is incredible.

It's down to him and Pico for best p4p (in high school).

It is perhaps a debate, but interestingly enough when p4p was brought up to Pico recently this summer he emphatically stated that he would give that distinction to Kyle Snyder ahead of himself. Makes sense I think. As phenomenal as Pico may be, Snyder just won a Junior World title at 17, objectively speaking that's a much bigger event win than anyone else currently in HS. When Pico is a junior in HS maybe he'll be as good, or better, but right now I don't think there's a strong case.

Snyder is great, but we'll have to see what Bergman, Michalak, and some others may have to say about it. Also I think the big question is Varner. Does he still has the fire in his belly to make another go at it. Hopefully he has because I believe he has beaten most everyone in his weight class on the World Senior Level. I also feel it's unfortunate that he isn't going for us this year because I am positive he would win a medal. I wish Bergman all the luck in the world, and hopefully he can have a great tournament. But it seems like there are some guys that can dominate on the world stage and others who can't. Snyder has shown he can do it on the Junior level, and many times that equates to success on the Senior level. As a fan I can't wait!

i wouldnt say junior success usually equates to senior success for our guys. here is a list of our junior medalists over the past 25 years.

2012: pat downy silver

2011: logan stieber silver

2010: chris perry bronze

2009: jordan oliver and andrew howe bronze, dom bradley gold

2008: quentin wright and clayton foster bronze

2007: bubba jenkins gold

2006: henry cejudo silver, pat mccaffrey bronze

2005: pat mccaffrey and bode ogunwole bronze

2000: tj hill, jason powell and tommy rowlands silver, jared lawrence bronze

1999: tj hill gold

1998: stephen abas, donnie pritzlaff gold, tj hill, mark munoz and zach thompson

1997: shane zajac bronze

1994: sean hage gold

1992: jeff mcginness and kerry mccoy gold, danny felix bronze

1988: adam mariano silver

that is 26 different guys earning a medal(s) at junior worlds over the past 25 years. 4 of them have won a senior level medal. some guys are still in the wait and see period, but it isn't a very good percentage that go on to earn senior medals. other countries seem to have greater success translating junior medals into senior medals in the following years.

Snyder's plan is World and Olympic Gold now if you watch his last interview. He could be a senior in HS challenging Olympic champ Varner next year! He seems pretty confident and the guys at the OTC seem to believe he is for real.

he is definitely for real. you don't win a junior world title and not be. however, it doesn't always translate to senior success. it is interesting to go back through the past medal winners and see a who is who of the current senior contenders. you also run into some weight classes where none of the medalists have ever been heard of again. lets hope 96kg was one of the who is who in a few years. kind of interesting that we have had quite a few medalist in the 185-265lb range with the weight changes and mccoy is the only one to bring home a senior level medal.

Guest Hammerlock3

Snyder is our most likely candidate for senior level success (Pico/Dieringer possible exceptions).

These arguments about Junior level success not always translating are very stupid. No one says they are a perfect indicator, hence there is no counter argument, unless someone out there thinks Junior Level success is a bad sign....

Snyder is our most likely candidate for senior level success (Pico/Dieringer possible exceptions).

These arguments about Junior level success not always translating are very stupid. No one says they are a perfect indicator, hence there is no counter argument, unless someone out there thinks Junior Level success is a bad sign....

my comments were directly in response to the statement that junior success "many times that equates to success on the senior level" that just isn't correct. only 6 of our 26 guys who have won a junior medal have even made a senior world team. snyder is in a unique position to win multiple junior world titles which hasn't been done. tj hill is our most decorated junior world medalist and he needs to be thrown out of the statistic bc his weight class was taken away.

Khinchegashvili, Asgarov, Rahimi, Hasanov, Otarsultanov, Taghavi are all guys who have won multiple medals and some championships over the past few juniors and are now winning medals at the senior level. but, USA guys have not replicated the success at the senior level as often. we also haven't had a multiple time medalist outside of the 50kg weight class.

After watching Snyder wrestle in the Junior Worlds this weekend, and previously wrestle against Haines in the Powerade finals:

http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage/25 ... es-Solanco

...and at Beast:

http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage/24 ... h-Chakonis

Does anyone know when a young big man has been this slick and technical? McMullen maybe, what did he look like in high school? Or like Hahn or McCoy, anyone see them at this age?

After watching Snyder wrestle in the Junior Worlds this weekend, and previously wrestle against Haines in the Powerade finals:

...and at Beast:

Does anyone know when a young big man has been this slick and technical? McMullen maybe, what did he look like in high school? Or like Hahn or McCoy, anyone see them at this age?

Great videos HotRocks05.

Enjoyed all the "bonus" freestyle points in those matches. This kid's a natural. Very polished.

...and at Beast:

Well, since you asked: http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage/24 ... -Snyder-MD

Cox of Missouri is right there with him.

Other random thoughts: I wouldn't consider the Armenian wrestler pushing off snyders head to be dirty. He just looked gas. Big props to Snyder on an awesome tournament, can't wait to see what he can do at tOSU in another year.