Sign in to follow this  
RetiredPoster

Iran vs Israel situation in the Semis of the JR Worlds

I feel for the iranian wrestler, killing himself in the gym everyday to have lost before he's even began. Whats better to go out and beat the israeli or to forfeit so he gets a higher medal than your own wrestler, whats more ridiculous if iran wrestles and if they win bronze the government probably won't let the kid stand on the podium with an israeli above him, disgusting, lazy clowns that have never had to strive a day in the life and they're forcing a guy to not wrestle, who works harder in a day than they do in their whole life.

If you look at the brackets, Iran forfeited one or two other times against Israel (I believe in Greco). I can't believe they get a way with this crap every year with no penalty.

In 2011 the future olympic champ forfeited against the israeli in the first round of the 2011 world championships

As an iranian, they should kick the whole team out, you can't go in and mess around, beat a guy then forfeit ruining your dreams and the guy you just beat who could've gone on to medal instead he's nearly in last place, i say throw them all out and it might change things.

Lets call it like it is. The Iranians are prejudiced and Hate Jewish people.

Plain and simple.

Iranians don't forfeit to Jewish wrestlers of any other nationality, and they will forfeit to a non Jewish Israeli competitor. It's much more political than it is religious.

Plain and simple.

So an Iranian Jew hates himself?

Your ignorance and lack of knowledge is astounding. They do not hate jews, they do not like the Israeli government for the atrocities they commit on the Palestinians, plain and simple.

However their stance forcing wrestlers to forfeit is terrible, the Iranian government is a place full of morons, whom were put into power by the British and Americans, we're not here to discuss politics lets keep it to the wrestling, I hope you know more about that than international relations.

Plain and simple.

So an Iranian Jew hates himself?

Your ignorance and lack of knowledge is astounding. They do not hate jews, they do not like the Israeli government for the atrocities they commit on the Palestinians, plain and simple.

However their stance forcing wrestlers to forfeit is terrible, the Iranian government is a place full of morons, whom were put into power by the British and Americans, we're not here to discuss politics lets keep it to the wrestling, I hope you know more about that than international relations.

If they cared so much about human rights and the Palestinians they would take the same stance with other countries in similar situations (plenty of examples). The fact is they just can't accept a Jewish state in the middle of the Muslim world. They don't care about the Palestinians. This is in fact about the extremist religious leadership and their view that Jews should be dhimis.

Plain and simple.

Iranians don't forfeit to Jewish wrestlers of any other nationality, and they will forfeit to a non Jewish Israeli competitor. It's much more political than it is religious.

This is true. Hamid Sorian wrestled Jewish-American wrestler Lindsey Durlacher at both the 2006 & 2007 World Championships so I do not believe it is a stance against Judaism. I am not sure, however, that there are non-Jewish athletes competing for Israel, though I could be wrong.

He could have done what one of the Khadem brothers did years ago, but that was before pushouts were scoring moves. I wish I remembered where to find that video, basically he did show up to wrestle an Israeli but kept backing up out of bounds without being touched and got disqualified very quickly. I think that was Khadem's way of protesting how stupid it was to have to forfeit. I think the match lasted about 20 or 30 seconds once the ref figured out he was just going to run out of bounds any chance he got.

Stupid rule. I know the Iranian wrestlers have apologized to their Israeli counterparts about it, but they're forced to forfeit because if they don't then they could be killed or penalized back in Iran for going against their state's policy. Nobody wants to wrestle more than the Iranians. They should just ban Iran from competing in any FILA sanctioned event until they change their tune.

Guest Hammerlock3

I think it is a stupid thing to do, and the result of a horrific mentality, but Iran is entitled to forfeit whatever matches it wants. This is not about anti-semitism (a silly term in this sense because Iranians are semitic peoples).

I assume its been mentioned...the country most of us are from made all its athletes forfeit every round of every event at the olympics in recent history.

The whole situation sucks. I hate to see a hard working wrestler forfeit out of fear of punishment or death by his government. The instinct to punish the wrestler is not attractive to me. Initially I thought that you should be out of the tournament if you forfeit, wrestler can not wrestle for 3rd. But since his Gov will not let him wrestle then I guess I agree with fining the team.

Freewrestler are you stating that the wrestler that forfeited to Bernstein was an Iranian Jew?

Most Iranian Jews who could have fled, have fled Iran and live elsewhere with populations

on Long Island and in Los Angeles to name a few. Most fled from Iran giving up their homes and their business and possibly land to escape.

Israel is a Jewish state that the Iranians want destroyed. I never used anti-semitism. I stated the Iranians

in Iran hate Jews.

It is pretty simple ;)

The Iranian government hates the Israeli government.

Governments are governments--people are people.

Where I work, Jews and Muslims (and yes Iranians) work together successfully every day.

In my contacts with the Iranian people for over 30 years the experience has always been wonderful... their government... Well... we all have opinions about that one.

Freewrestler are you stating that the wrestler that forfeited to Bernstein was an Iranian Jew?

Most Iranian Jews who could have fled, have fled Iran and live elsewhere with populations

on Long Island and in Los Angeles to name a few. Most fled from Iran giving up their homes and their business and possibly land to escape.

Israel is a Jewish state that the Iranians want destroyed. I never used anti-semitism. I stated the Iranians

in Iran hate Jews.

How many Iranians in Iran do you know? Even the extremist Ayatollah stated that Iranian Jews were to be protected, not threatened, and he is certainly not representative of the general population who don't get involved in this political crap.

This situation is definitely shameful, but the government is to blame not the Iranian people, and especially not the wrestlers.

in Iran hate Jews.

Interesting way to show it. Wiki exerpt speaking to other religions in the country:

"...including Bahá'ís, Mandeans, Hindus, Yarsanis, Zoroastrians, Jews, and Christians.[2] The latter three minority religions are officially recognized and protected, and have reserved seats in the Iran parliament."

The whole situation does suck, but it's better that he forfeit, take the fine, instead of going home and really having problems....Like being executed or imprisoned....They where hit with $20,000 USD fine and the Iranian wrestler was DQ'd....It actually happened earlier in the Greco tournament, as well.

It just makes wrestling look bad to the IOC.....

Plain and simple.

You are clearly ignorant and uneducated. I'm not even going to bother to rebuttal to this stupid comment...